New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Oct 6, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,007 of 2,616
Oct 7, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,011 of 2,616
Hi, I've been wondering - Fiio says that they have made some software customization to the android sounprocesing core. Does the AP200 have anything like that? Does it even matter? Isn't it just a marketing statment? Thanks :)

Oct 7, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #1,012 of 2,616
It can make a big difference indeed! Dedicated control of the audio driver is way better than sharing it between applications. Not sure how the default audio drivers work on Android compared to computers though...

Oct 8, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #1,014 of 2,616
Hi, I've been wondering - Fiio says that they have made some software customization to the android sounprocesing core. Does the AP200 have anything like that? Does it even matter? Isn't it just a marketing statment? Thanks :)

FiiO did make some improvements on the Android level, but they dedicated a lot more work to optimize that just for their FiiO app.

Hidizs works with Hiby and it should also have some optimizations, but I don't know if the changes are similar to what FiiO does.

Really wonder if this dap compare to the oppo ha 2 dac,i know both of these product are not really the same thing,just curious about the sound quality.

I think that it would be a pretty far fetched comparison between them, if I remember well HA2 is more expensive, and it is a bit of something else.

Sound wise, I had the chance to look into HA2 and I'd say that it is a really nice DAC/AMP, it is a tad brighter in general , with a the signature being a bit lighter overall. I'd need more time to have a more detailed comparison.

Oct 8, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,015 of 2,616
FiiO did make some improvements on the Android level, but they dedicated a lot more work to optimize that just for their FiiO app.

Hidizs works with Hiby and it should also have some optimizations, but I don't know if the changes are similar to what FiiO does.

I think that it would be a pretty far fetched comparison between them, if I remember well HA2 is more expensive, and it is a bit of something else.

Sound wise, I had the chance to look into HA2 and I'd say that it is a really nice DAC/AMP, it is a tad brighter in general , with a the signature being a bit lighter overall. I'd need more time to have a more detailed comparison.
Thanks for the reply,the oppo and hidizs are not really have much price different in my country,the hidizs dual dac with 24k gold shielding really make sense,both no mention what other component and chipset they have used,the oppo just with a single es9028 q2m DAC chip.

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #1,016 of 2,616
Thanks for the reply,the oppo and hidizs are not really have much price different in my country,the hidizs dual dac with 24k gold shielding really make sense,both no mention what other component and chipset they have used,the oppo just with a single es9028 q2m DAC chip.

Well... AP200 sounds quite energetic and maybe slightly U shaped by default, HA2 is a bit more mid-forward with a light mid tonality, if that makes sense. Everything sounds pretty happy with it.

You do have to take into account that AP200 is a complete DAP that has access to internet while HA2 is a device that you strap to your phone. I do like HA2 in general, but I had some slight issues connecting it to my phone when I tested it, managed to eventually sort those out, but I don't know what phones are compatible (Huawei I think are the least compatible for example, could never connect my Huawei phones to external DACs, while Xiaomi connects just fine, same for LG phones most of times). AP200 works pretty much out of the box since it is a DAP.

Just sonics, AP200 has a more relaxed sound, AP200's bass goes a tad deeper while HA2's bass has a smidgen more speed, mids are toned differently, with AP200 being slightly U shaped and HA2 being slightly mid forward, the treble is smooth on both, but given the difference in the mids, the treble also feels a bit different, and HA2 feels really wide while AP200 is deeper more than it is wide :darthsmile:

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #1,017 of 2,616
A bit of an update via the KS comment section:

vD888H1.png

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #1,018 of 2,616
Finally done back reading from page 1. I am new to the DAP community and I am leaning more towards this unit but torn whether to get the SS 128gb Carbon Fiber or the Rosewood back plate.

Will you guys Rec'd this unit for an entry level or as a starter kit for a newbie like me? I am on a verge of pre-ordering this unit here in our country in PH and will be able to get it within a week.

@Hawaiibadboy as always great vids. Keep it up sir.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #1,019 of 2,616
Finally done back reading from page 1. I am new to the DAP community and I am leaning more towards this unit but torn whether to get the SS 128gb Carbon Fiber or the Rosewood back plate.

Will you guys Rec'd this unit for an entry level or as a starter kit for a newbie like me? I am on a verge of pre-ordering this unit here in our country in PH and will be able to get it within a week.

@Hawaiibadboy as always great vids. Keep it up sir.

Thanks in advance.

The back design should really depend on your taste, one major advantage for me of a wood back is it wont shatter like tempered glass in case of accidents but wood may absorb water and oils, the decision there is really up to you.

As for recommendation, I don't think this is considered entry level (more like middle, I could be mistaken) but It'll get good music to your ears, it's versatile (how many DAPs can one name within this price range that has good chips and android to boot) and very affordable (for the 32gb version at least, how much is the 128Gb?) enough that I got two (32gb for me, and 64gb for a friend who's helped me a lot when I was in the dumps) - I figured it'll be better than most entry DAPs and still provide access to spotify.

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,020 of 2,616
The back design should really depend on your taste, one major advantage for me of a wood back is it wont shatter like tempered glass in case of accidents but wood may absorb water and oils, the decision there is really up to you.

As for recommendation, I don't think this is considered entry level (more like middle,.....
and 64gb for a friend who's helped me a lot when I was in the dumps)

Agree this is not entry level in sound or options

@Lcdxiii would be making a good purchase. My final review will be soon.

And Kervsky....

Nice job on paying back the kindness. Totally a stand up move. Bravo Bruh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back