NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Aug 16, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #3,301 of 3,483
Splitting time with the Atlas and Solaris 2020. Atlas just disappear in my ear. I forget I have iems in. Biggest challenge with Solaris 2020 is just feeling that comfort like Atlas. After eq/dsp, Atlas has become one of my favorite iems out of my collection. I'd like to see a revised Atlas or a new DD from CA in the future.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #3,302 of 3,483
Splitting time with the Atlas and Solaris 2020. Atlas just disappear in my ear. I forget I have iems in. Biggest challenge with Solaris 2020 is just feeling that comfort like Atlas. After eq/dsp, Atlas has become one of my favorite iems out of my collection. I'd like to see a revised Atlas or a new DD from CA in the future.
I have the Atlas and I'm curious about the Solaris 2020 and there aren't any comparisons. How do you find them? How's the soundstage and imaging vs the Atlas? Is bass still decent?

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #3,303 of 3,483
I have been contemplating on whether i should get the equinox since i get annoyed by how sensitive the atlas is with tips and insert depth.

Aug 17, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #3,304 of 3,483

+ 1 I still miss the Atlas sometimes and I hope CFA goes down the single (or double) DD route again.

Aug 17, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #3,305 of 3,483
I have the Atlas and I'm curious about the Solaris 2020 and there aren't any comparisons. How do you find them? How's the soundstage and imaging vs the Atlas? Is bass still decent?

Solaris 2020 is a more balanced overall listen with M15 and WM1A. I haven't felt compelled to use eq. I've experimented with different tips and cables which can alter sound in your favor. Although I havent been blown away by Solaris 2020, my experience with it seems to get steadily better.

At first, Atlas sounded tinny up top, mid recessed in the vocal, and too bloated in the bass. I love the fit with marshmellow foams so I'm reluctant to change their. Every change of dap and cable seemed to change Atlas quite a bit. Although it sounded better burned in, the mid bass is too much for my taste. I've settled on the EA Leonidas II cable which brings clarity and a layered soundstage. Using my old Rockboxed Clip Zip with eq/dsp responds well with Atlas. I wont say its better than WM1A/M15, but it does have its advantages and brings its own distinct sound. The weakness of Atlas is I can't enjoy its sound on most of the daps I have. Clip Zip with Atlas is a luxury to have but it worried it won't last since its been in such heavy use.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #3,306 of 3,483
Since I got my Solaris OG (SE and 2020) I no longer use the Atlas as I find it doesn't have the details or soundstage that the Solaris has.

I need to try them again with the DHC Clone Silver to see if that helps. If not, I should sell them.

Aug 17, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #3,307 of 3,483
I have been contemplating on whether i should get the equinox since i get annoyed by how sensitive the atlas is with tips and insert depth.
Good luck with that right now as they have paused production for a time :frowning2: Custom tips no good for you?

Oh and the Comet's have been discontinued it seems according to the website.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #3,308 of 3,483
Good luck with that right now as they have paused production for a time :frowning2: Custom tips no good for you?

Oh and the Comet's have been discontinued it seems according to the website.
Not a problem i wont be replacing my atlas for a long time lol. They are very versatile. Most probably it wont be for another 2-3 years before i either go to equinox or the next best thing. Thanks for the heads up man, appreciate it!

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,309 of 3,483
Soo... update on my Atlas with the gaps in... damn Campfire have got their customer service down to a fine art. As do hifiheadphones.co.uk. I feel like they have absolutely nailed every aspect of customer service. They are replacing with another set, shipping them out just before I go on holiday. Honestly, if you ever need top quality customer service, then these guys in the UK are top notch.

Hifiheadphones.co.uk

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #3,310 of 3,483
Soo... update on my Atlas with the gaps in... damn Campfire have got their customer service down to a fine art. As do hifiheadphones.co.uk. I feel like they have absolutely nailed every aspect of customer service. They are replacing with another set, shipping them out just before I go on holiday. Honestly, if you ever need top quality customer service, then these guys in the UK are top notch.

Hifiheadphones.co.uk

hifiheadphones.co.uk are top notch. Had several dealings with them in the past and came away very impressed every time.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #3,312 of 3,483
Very rarely have I bought stuff from a company that ACTUALLY cares.

Everyone there seems to care! It’s awesome. Will definitely be using them again when I get my tax rebate 😣

Got my replacement Atlas and they look how they should. Thank god.

Sound-wise it makes me wonder if the previous ones (with the gaps in) had been sent back previously, as the sound was less boomy and much more resolving in the highs than the ones I have now. To anyone that says burn-in isn’t required... there’s a huge difference!

Hopefully these new ones will sound as good as the other gappy ones! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 3EC8C8CC-1ABE-479D-92A1-53AE60D539D1.jpeg
    3EC8C8CC-1ABE-479D-92A1-53AE60D539D1.jpeg
    921.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #3,314 of 3,483
Just a little heads up after a few frustrated months with the Atlas.

I own a pair of E5000 and e3000 series iems from Final and the medium Final tips are a perfect match to my ears. I can literally wear them 24/7 without irritations or the buds falling out of my ears while drinking/eating.

So on the Atlas I obviously picked the Final tips and there my frustrations began. The tip canal gets blocked to easily on insertion, audio pops back in after second when the tips adjust themselves. After a few minutes the weight of the Atlas buds are pressing to my ears thanks to the flexible and narrow core of the tips. And the worst part of it al is that the weight of the buds is pulling them out of my ears constantly.

So I thought that foamies where the only solution. Ordered some proper Dekoni tips and most of my problems where solved, bjt a new one appeared. To much ****ing pressure from the foamies in my canal after 30 tp 60 minutes

...crap what now? I absolutely love the Atlas to death but the weight and straight down wearing design is causing so many issues.

JVC dots then? 1st gen? or 2nd gen? after seeing the prices on ebay I went for the cheaper 1st gen dots that go for $15 (3pr) with free shipping from JP. After 1 week it arrived in my mailbox and finally all of my irritations are solved. Perfect fit, grip, weight distribution and last but not least the best sounding tips that I have tried.

So please if you own a pair and like me can prefer silicone over foam please give the JVC Dots a chance.

IMG_20200904_211939.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #3,315 of 3,483
Just a little heads up after a few frustrated months with the Atlas.

I own a pair of E5000 and e3000 series iems from Final and the medium Final tips are a perfect match to my ears. I can literally wear them 24/7 without irritations or the buds falling out of my ears while drinking/eating.

So on the Atlas I obviously picked the Final tips and there my frustrations began. The tip canal gets blocked to easily on insertion, audio pops back in after second when the tips adjust themselves. After a few minutes the weight of the Atlas buds are pressing to my ears thanks to the flexible and narrow core of the tips. And the worst part of it al is that the weight of the buds is pulling them out of my ears constantly.

So I thought that foamies where the only solution. Ordered some proper Dekoni tips and most of my problems where solved, bjt a new one appeared. To much ****ing pressure from the foamies in my canal after 30 tp 60 minutes

...crap what now? I absolutely love the Atlas to death but the weight and straight down wearing design is causing so many issues.

JVC dots then? 1st gen? or 2nd gen? after seeing the prices on ebay I went for the cheaper 1st gen dots that go for $15 (3pr) with free shipping from JP. After 1 week it arrived in my mailbox and finally all of my irritations are solved. Perfect fit, grip, weight distribution and last but not least the best sounding tips that I have tried.

So please if you own a pair and like me can prefer silicone over foam please give the JVC Dots a chance.

IMG_20200904_211939.jpg

My personal favourites when I had the Atlas were the Symbio Foams, great isolation and comfort and little to no treble attenuation. I also imagine that the Azla Xelastics would be a good match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back