NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Sep 8, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #3,318 of 3,483
Words to the wise this. The JVC Spiral Dots are a game changing tweak on the Atlas. (Spiral Dots ++ if you can get them)
I would agree most certainly !
I found the spiral dots and the sxc8 upgrade cable to bring the best out of Atlas.

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #3,319 of 3,483
I would agree most certainly !
I found the spiral dots and the sxc8 upgrade cable to bring the best out of Atlas.
How is the sxc8 paired with the atlas? I am curious as to how they sound together. Atm I use the dhc symbiot sp v3 in silver on mine (due to both comfort and ergonomics) its a good cable in general but when paired with the atlas, it exposes its roughness. Very forward bass and harsh treble (on poorly recorded songs) but ive stuck with it since i had a feeling that with enough experiementation it would shine and luckily, with the help of tip rolling and wm1a fw mods ive tailored it to my liking but in the back of my mind theres been always a thought of "It can do better" or "i wonder how it would sound with different cables."

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #3,321 of 3,483
As much as I dislike foamies it seems that marshmallow foams are the best tips for the atlas... removes some hump in the midbass without affecting the treble. It doesnt change but rather enhance the overall signature. This is going to be an expensive upcoming months lol! If anyone has possible substitutes foams, it would be greatly welcomed! I just find shipping only the foams to be quite expensive especially through cfa site.

Sep 24, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #3,322 of 3,483
As much as I dislike foamies it seems that marshmallow foams are the best tips for the atlas... removes some hump in the midbass without affecting the treble. It doesnt change but rather enhance the overall signature. This is going to be an expensive upcoming months lol! If anyone has possible substitutes foams, it would be greatly welcomed! I just find shipping only the foams to be quite expensive especially through cfa site.

I found the Symbio F (Foams) much better when I had the Atlas, seemed to have the benefits of both Silicone and Foam.

Sep 24, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #3,323 of 3,483
I found the Symbio F (Foams) much better when I had the Atlas, seemed to have the benefits of both Silicone and Foam.
Thanks for the rec, Ive been quite curious about the symbios for some time now but never really came to be convinced

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #3,324 of 3,483
Thanks for the rec, Ive been quite curious about the symbios for some time now but never really came to be convinced
I really like the Sony triple comfort tips with Atlas. They feel like foam, and are essentially foamed silicone, but unlike foam tips, which are solid all the way through, they just have a thicker "shell" (peel if you are using the symbio terminology) similar to silicon tips. The end result is a ear tip that feels like a foam tip (and has similar sealing characteristics with atlas, meaning reduced driver flex), but is as comfortable as silicon tips (no pressure on the ear canal like some foam tips exert when they expand. I highly recommend trying them with your Atlas.

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #3,325 of 3,483
I really like the Sony triple comfort tips with Atlas. They feel like foam, and are essentially foamed silicone, but unlike foam tips, which are solid all the way through, they just have a thicker "shell" (peel if you are using the symbio terminology) similar to silicon tips. The end result is a ear tip that feels like a foam tip (and has similar sealing characteristics with atlas, meaning reduced driver flex), but is as comfortable as silicon tips (no pressure on the ear canal like some foam tips exert when they expand. I highly recommend trying them with your Atlas.
Yes i have the triple comforts as well but i found it to suffocate the sound.

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #3,326 of 3,483
If anyone is interested, I have my Atlas up for sale here!

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #3,328 of 3,483
I'm listening to oldies classic like Beatles an Nat King Cole with Atlas. This soundstage feels like you're stepping into its own deep space with height to spare. Vocals are so present and clear. Atlas sounds so open the way it deals with space yet manages to fit in all that bass in the right places.

Oct 5, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #3,329 of 3,483
I'm listening to oldies classic like Beatles an Nat King 6Cole with Atlas. This soundstage feels like you're stepping into its own deep space with height to spare. Vocals are so present and clear. Atlas sounds so open the way it deals with space yet manages to fit in all that bass in the right places.
Very well put. You found the words to describe my pair of Atlas :wink:

Oct 6, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #3,330 of 3,483
Patiently waiting here for a Hybrid Atlas Successor with 'Solid body' design.... We know you're brewing up something CA, spill the beans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: If you need naming inspiration, my choice is "Eclipse"... Co-flagship to the Solaris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back