NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Oct 6, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #3,331 of 3,483
Patiently waiting here for a Hybrid Atlas Successor with 'Solid body' design.... We know you're brewing up something CA, spill the beans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: If you need naming inspiration, my choice is "Eclipse"... Co-flagship to the Solaris.
I think that was sort of my hope originally for the solaris, that it would be a follow-up hybrid atlas. Especially since it used the same (or similar) dynamic driver. The solaris is quite good, just wasn't to my preferences the way the atlas was.

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #3,332 of 3,483
I think that was sort of my hope originally for the solaris, that it would be a follow-up hybrid atlas. Especially since it used the same (or similar) dynamic driver. The solaris is quite good, just wasn't to my preferences the way the atlas was.

Yeah It was sort of mine as well. Although I enjoy Solaris for different reasons now. I still keep the Atlas in high regard and I'm thinking of re-purchasing as I'm able to get it at a fairly good price. The only thing stopping me is the hope that CA are brewing something up... I do hope they use the Stainless steel enclosures again though, really appealed to me and had a beautiful aesthetic and weight compared to their typical BA setups.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #3,333 of 3,483
Yeah It was sort of mine as well. Although I enjoy Solaris for different reasons now. I still keep the Atlas in high regard and I'm thinking of re-purchasing as I'm able to get it at a fairly good price. The only thing stopping me is the hope that CA are brewing something up... I do hope they use the Stainless steel enclosures again though, really appealed to me and had a beautiful aesthetic and weight compared to their typical BA setups.
I am of mixed mind about the stainless steel enclosures. I liked that they could be worn cable down. But they were heavy, especially for single driver iems. I also really dislike the shell of the solaris, even the slimmed down 2020 version. Bigger shells need to get slimmer down near the stem, not fatter like the solaris. I struggled with the fit. Put an atlas hybrid into their andromeda style shell though (I guess kinda like the dorado), and count me in.

Oct 13, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #3,334 of 3,483
For whatever it is, Comet is the vocal king (sweet and soulful) when I pair it with my old creative blaster, idk what happens i wish i have rig to measure the frequency response. This is by far most soulful vocal ive ever heard even ive been in kilobucks iem for quite awhile.

This:
1602572918113.png

LMAO! If you have this, plug in your comet into this and try listen to r&b, ballad, anything vocal emphasis song.

Oct 14, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #3,337 of 3,483
new iem from CA? without Andromeda name

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #3,339 of 3,483
Who would have thought?! haha nah they are 2020 versions of older models. I loved the Vega and Atlas though and that pearl white is looking awfully tempting....
Very interesting. I know we were just talking about the possibility of these and I specifically even mentioned the dorado.

Shells look... Odd. Seems like they tried to go with the old lyra/vega/dorado shell, but it's much more bulbous before the stem. The original vega was super comfortable, but these it's hard to tell. Very interested to see how they are tuned.

Now I guess we just gotta wait for an official announcement... Not that I really need to be spending this much on iems right now.

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #3,340 of 3,483
Very interesting. I know we were just talking about the possibility of these and I specifically even mentioned the dorado.

Shells look... Odd. Seems like they tried to go with the old lyra/vega/dorado shell, but it's much more bulbous before the stem. The original vega was super comfortable, but these it's hard to tell. Very interested to see how they are tuned.

Now I guess we just gotta wait for an official announcement... Not that I really need to be spending this much on iems right now.

Yeah it's more bulbous and the vent is now on the front face of the IEM instead of the top like the old Lyra II, Vega and Dorado. I'm putting this down to them both now using the 10mm ADLC driver that the Atlas uses and that also had a rear port / more bulbous. There is no mention of a polarity tuned chamber like in the Atlas or Polaris though which is quite curious? Also, the pricing is making me think that the Dorado may be more like the Solaris, bass-head counterpart....

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #3,342 of 3,483
Oct 14, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #3,344 of 3,483
Audiologica

Interesting! I guess we'll need to wait for an announcement in the next week or so. Per distributors, they're coming late October.

Oct 14, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #3,345 of 3,483
Wow...a new CFA single DD IEM is something I've been craving for a while. The Atlas was my gateway to the upper tiers of this hobby and I still have a soft spot for it. And I've always wanted to hear a Vega. This may prove to be very tempting, especially as I have a CFA brick and mortar distributor close by with Headphone Bar :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back