NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jul 23, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,711 of 3,483
really? a lot of people prefer the legend x to the u18s so it blows my mind. the tia trio could be as good but no way it’s better imo

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #1,712 of 3,483
really? a lot of people prefer the legend x to the u18s so it blows my mind. the tia trio could be as good but no way it’s better imo
U18t is not bad, for measurement proporse it might be one of the best IEM in the world. However, the sound is so clam with the reference signature which is not fun and musical at all.

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,713 of 3,483
U18t is not bad, for measurement proporse it might be one of the best IEM in the world. However, the sound is so clam with the reference signature which is not fun and musical at all.

really? what makes it not fun and musical?

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #1,714 of 3,483
At this level, I don't think there is any good or bad IEMs, it is just personal tastes matters.

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,715 of 3,483
At this level, I don't think there is any good or bad IEMs, it is just personal tastes matters.

true. this will be my first time entering the over $2000 IEM market. So excited to hear the difference between a $1300 pair and $2300 pair

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,716 of 3,483
true. this will be my first time entering the over $2000 IEM market. So excited to hear the difference between a $1300 pair and $2300 pair

Having finally got to spend some tone with the LX last weekend at Canjam, the difference will actuslly be pretty small, and more along the lines of preference rather than actual technical ability. At that sorry of level, almost everything sounds great - once you get over the $700-800 mark, the law of diminishing returns is in full effect amen it comes to increse in SQ per $ spent.

That said, hippie you enjoy the LX - you can't really go wrong with either pair! :wink:

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #1,717 of 3,483
Any recommendations for an amp or a dac/amp for to pair with the Atlas for under 500$? Desktop amps are fine too as I'd probably mostly be using it on my desk but some thing like the Chord Mojo or the iDSD IFI black label would also be nice as I'd be able to use it portably if need be :)

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #1,718 of 3,483
Any recommendations for an amp or a dac/amp for to pair with the Atlas for under 500$? Desktop amps are fine too as I'd probably mostly be using it on my desk but some thing like the Chord Mojo or the iDSD IFI black label would also be nice as I'd be able to use it portably if need be :)

ifi black label is miles ahead of chord mojo. get it, you won’t be disappointed. sound quality is unparalleled to any other amp in that price range

also look at ibasso dx200 if u wanna pay 200$$ more also highly recommend it

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #1,719 of 3,483

I got the Fiio Q5 and it’s been nothing short of amazing. portable, great SQ, flawless bluetooth connection to iphone. the cable slot is upgraded compared to the Q1 mk2 as well.

mojo is too thick—same with ifi nano BL, ifi xDSD looks like an alien artifact. ifi Micro is a joke for portability....that led me to get the Q5

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #1,720 of 3,483
Having finally got to spend some tone with the LX last weekend at Canjam, the difference will actuslly be pretty small, and more along the lines of preference rather than actual technical ability. At that sorry of level, almost everything sounds great - once you get over the $700-800 mark, the law of diminishing returns is in full effect amen it comes to increse in SQ per $ spent.

That said, hippie you enjoy the LX - you can't really go wrong with either pair! :wink:

of course, i understand the difference will be small. but to us audiophiles, that small difference is actually huge to us and the reason why we call ourselves audiophiles

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #1,721 of 3,483
I got the Fiio Q5 and it’s been nothing short of amazing. portable, great SQ, flawless bluetooth connection to iphone. the cable slot is upgraded compared to the Q1 mk2 as well.

mojo is too thick—same with ifi nano BL, ifi xDSD looks like an alien artifact. ifi Micro is a joke for portability....that led me to get the Q5

while the ifi bl isn’t as portable as the others, it’s still portable. and sounds a 1000 times better than the Q5.

So i guess you have to decide whether you value portability or sound quality more. if it’s portability get the mojo if sq get the black label

i owned the Q5 but after going to mojo and black label i can’t go back, the sound is thin weak and poor sounding compared to ifi or mojo

keep in mind the Q5 is also bluetooth so that messes with the sound quality

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #1,722 of 3,483
while the ifi bl isn’t as portable as the others, it’s still portable. and sounds a 1000 times better than the Q5.

So i guess you have to decide whether you value portability or sound quality more. if it’s portability get the mojo if sq get the black label

i owned the Q5 but after going to mojo and black label i can’t go back, the sound is thin weak and poor sounding compared to ifi or mojo

ifi Nano Black or Micro black you’re referring to?
and oh jeez I hope I didnt mess up getting the Q5! I wanted the portability for walking around having the amp in my back pocket and phone in front pocket connected via bluetooth. Q5 was best form factor I could find to work w iphone.

otherwise you’re using 2 different cables to hook up the mojo to iphone and the ifi is so bulky!

edit: this is all for use on the atlas of course. not sure what IEM you were coming from

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #1,723 of 3,483

What about desktop amps? Is something from Schiit or Woo Audio for example going to be any better than the ifi bl?

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #1,725 of 3,483
ifi Nano Black or Micro black you’re referring to?
and oh jeez I hope I didnt mess up getting the Q5! I wanted the portability for walking around having the amp in my back pocket and phone in front pocket connected via bluetooth. Q5 was best form factor I could find to work w iphone.

otherwise you’re using 2 different cables to hook up the mojo to iphone and the ifi is so bulky!

edit: this is all for use on the atlas of course. not sure what IEM you were coming from

i’m talking about the micro black. the features on it are also incredible the xbass+ and 3D+ makes it pop, more fun and lively.

and i’m using the atlas’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back