1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Next

Last
  1. notorious4163
    please let me know what you think of the legend x vs atlas’s please!!!!

and i listen to mainly electronic music so what do you think atlas’s or zeus

2. subguy812
    The Atlas and Legend X are two totally different IEMs. On first listen, the amount of bass on the Atlas will boggle your mind. It is as if you have to listen over a wall of bass. They are not a short listen and form an opinion IEM. After some listening time, you begin to realize that the treble extends so well and the mids have detail, some think the mids are a touch recessed, but to my ears they are perfectly placed and you will, with time, realize the sound has balance overall. The Atlas is the most addictive, engaging IEM I have had the pleasure to listen too. The Legend X is technically more proficient. Some characterize it's sound as too bassy, with it's dual DD. I do not find the X overly bassy at all. The Legend has great bass and sub bass when it is present in the music. The bass has great detail and layering. The mids are perfectly placed and there is super resolution and clarity. The treble extends well and is not sharp. If you have the universal make sure you have a great seal so you do not pick up any harshness in the upper register. The soundstage is wide and distinct. The placement of instruments is easily distinguished and you feel maybe a row or so back from the stage.

The Legend X requires quite a bit more financial investment.

Arkady Duntov likes this.
  3. Roscoeiii
    How long have you had the Andro? I've come to like the Andro bass more and more since buying them. Originally I preferred Vegas but now find I listen to Andro more. Burn in maybe? Or just the brain adjusting? If you haven't had them long, give them some time. (Good advice for any headphone buy really. So you have time to live with a headphone and appreciate the strengths of its sound sig).

4. Audiophonicalistic
    Tbh I dont think its a fair comparison. Legend x isnt broken in yet and I dont have a 4.4 cable for it either. Atlas is broken in and I am using a plussound with wm1a. Its pretty awesome and is my go to. But with janus D in the mail then I think Ill be going back to legend x. Until then stay tight I dont have a good comparison for you.

Bad guy good audio reviews has some solid videos on youtube about these two iems check it out. Btw once you pay over $1000 then in my experience the differences become small and it is more about synergy and sound signature. Legend x has an excellent fit btw.

5. Audiophonicalistic
    Spot on

6. notorious4163

thank you so much. if you had to pick between the two which would you pick if they were the same price. basically i’m asking if the legend x is a big upgrade from the Atlas

7. Alanaudio
    SYMBIO Wide> Stock Marshmallow > JVC FX9M >Stock Silicone > CP100 > Final Type E > CP240(unwearable)
    DSC_3756.JPG

8. davesday
    Not sure if you heard a burned in Atlas because new out of the box they sounded bassy and no details. After about 100 hours or so, the details become crystal clear and bass 'tamed down' as in becoming clear and non-congested. The sub-bass remains punchy and visceral. This is how I felt about mine after about the 100th hour mark.

Audiophonicalistic likes this.
  9. Audiophonicalistic
    Yes mine has changed quite a bit after being burned in. Sound like a new iem. Amazing

10. torifile
    I just received my Comets. Aside from the stupid placement of the chin slider, fit is good. I was concerned about that.

But I’m using it with my iPhone X and the buttons on the remote don’t seem to control volume. The middle button will pause/play but the volume up/down buttons don’t work at all. Obviously I’m using them with the lightning adapter. I’ve used the lightning adapter with other 3 button remotes without issue so I wonder if it’s just the cable itself. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I just tried the lightning adapter with my iPad and it still doesn’t work to control volume. I also tried the headphone jack directly to my iPad without adapter and none of the buttons work. Go figure.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  11. notorious4163
    i’m so sorry guys. i’m leaving the campfire family, but i’ll always be here. sold my Atlas’s for the Legend X. sorry bois but there’s a reason why Empire Ears is a cult

12. Audiophonicalistic
    Congrats. I think youll be very happy. Please comeback when the next CFA product releases. Until then :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    notorious4163 likes this.
  13. notorious4163
    Unfortunately, I don’t have the opportunity to demo the legend or the phantom. it was down to the legend or u18 and people advised me to go with the legend

your thoughts?

14. Audiophonicalistic
    Legend is pretty amazing. Go for the legend. If you don't like it you can sell if super quick and get the u18.

15. notorious4163
    i can’t sleep at night because i’m too excited. gets here on wednesday. which do you think is the supieror iem u18 or legend? (for edm)

First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Next

Last