NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jul 20, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #1,696 of 3,483
please let me know what you think of the legend x vs atlas’s please!!!!

and i listen to mainly electronic music so what do you think atlas’s or zeus
The Atlas and Legend X are two totally different IEMs. On first listen, the amount of bass on the Atlas will boggle your mind. It is as if you have to listen over a wall of bass. They are not a short listen and form an opinion IEM. After some listening time, you begin to realize that the treble extends so well and the mids have detail, some think the mids are a touch recessed, but to my ears they are perfectly placed and you will, with time, realize the sound has balance overall. The Atlas is the most addictive, engaging IEM I have had the pleasure to listen too. The Legend X is technically more proficient. Some characterize it's sound as too bassy, with it's dual DD. I do not find the X overly bassy at all. The Legend has great bass and sub bass when it is present in the music. The bass has great detail and layering. The mids are perfectly placed and there is super resolution and clarity. The treble extends well and is not sharp. If you have the universal make sure you have a great seal so you do not pick up any harshness in the upper register. The soundstage is wide and distinct. The placement of instruments is easily distinguished and you feel maybe a row or so back from the stage.

The Legend X requires quite a bit more financial investment.

Jul 20, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #1,697 of 3,483
I’m a former owner of the Orion who sidegraded to the Comets for a while (and now have Andromedas). Although I liked the Comets at first, I found myself missing the soundstage depth and natural timbre that the Orions delivered. I couldn’t go back to the Orions, however, because the extension just wasn’t there. Andromeda certainly fixes the extension issue and gives me back my soundstage depth and amazing tone, but the one thing that’s missing from the Comet is a sense of physicality to the bass. The bass extends deeper and is vastly more textured and detailed on the Andromeda, but the Comet delivers some semblance of the “slam” that one gets from a dynamic driver. Still, going back to the Comet from the Andromeda is just impossible.

How long have you had the Andro? I've come to like the Andro bass more and more since buying them. Originally I preferred Vegas but now find I listen to Andro more. Burn in maybe? Or just the brain adjusting? If you haven't had them long, give them some time. (Good advice for any headphone buy really. So you have time to live with a headphone and appreciate the strengths of its sound sig).

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #1,698 of 3,483
Are you serious? You think for my genre of EDM, that the Atlas beats the Legend X? How would you compare the 2? You sold ur legend x for the atlas? really? you liked it that much better?

i’ve been asking around but can’t get an accurate answer. can you please compare the two legend x and atlas? is the x a significant upgrade over the atlas? is it a lot better? which one is more fun sounding? which has bigger bass? i know the x is more clarity but does it sound too thin?

thanks

you are amazing. how would you compare the atlas’s to the list? is the x or the u18 a significant upgrade?

but yea how does the sound in the legend x compare to the atlas in terms of bass, musicality, which do you like better?

[mod edit: merged posts]

Tbh I dont think its a fair comparison. Legend x isnt broken in yet and I dont have a 4.4 cable for it either. Atlas is broken in and I am using a plussound with wm1a. Its pretty awesome and is my go to. But with janus D in the mail then I think Ill be going back to legend x. Until then stay tight I dont have a good comparison for you.

Bad guy good audio reviews has some solid videos on youtube about these two iems check it out. Btw once you pay over $1000 then in my experience the differences become small and it is more about synergy and sound signature. Legend x has an excellent fit btw.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,699 of 3,483
The Atlas and Legend X are two totally different IEMs. On first listen, the amount of bass on the Atlas will boggle your mind. It is as if you have to listen over a wall of bass. They are not a short listen and form an opinion IEM. After some listening time, you begin to realize that the treble extends so well and the mids have detail, some think the mids are a touch recessed, but to my ears they are perfectly placed and you will, with time, realize the sound has balance overall. The Atlas is the most addictive, engaging IEM I have had the pleasure to listen too. The Legend X is technically more proficient. Some characterize it's sound as too bassy, with it's dual DD. I do not find the X overly bassy at all. The Legend has great bass and sub bass when it is present in the music. The bass has great detail and layering. The mids are perfectly placed and there is super resolution and clarity. The treble extends well and is not sharp. If you have the universal make sure you have a great seal so you do not pick up any harshness in the upper register. The soundstage is wide and distinct. The placement of instruments is easily distinguished and you feel maybe a row or so back from the stage.

Spot on

Jul 20, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #1,700 of 3,483

thank you so much. if you had to pick between the two which would you pick if they were the same price. basically i’m asking if the legend x is a big upgrade from the Atlas

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #1,701 of 3,483
SYMBIO Wide> Stock Marshmallow > JVC FX9M >Stock Silicone > CP100 > Final Type E > CP240(unwearable)
DSC_3756.JPG

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #1,702 of 3,483
I’m not sure I’d like them. I really didn’t care for the Vega at all when I tried them. Too much bass. Sacrilege, I know.
Not sure if you heard a burned in Atlas because new out of the box they sounded bassy and no details. After about 100 hours or so, the details become crystal clear and bass 'tamed down' as in becoming clear and non-congested. The sub-bass remains punchy and visceral. This is how I felt about mine after about the 100th hour mark.

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,703 of 3,483
Not sure if you heard a burned in Atlas because new out of the box they sounded bassy and no details. After about 100 hours or so, the details become crystal clear and bass 'tamed down' as in becoming clear and non-congested. The sub-bass remains punchy and visceral. This is how I felt about mine after about the 100th hour mark.
Yes mine has changed quite a bit after being burned in. Sound like a new iem. Amazing

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #1,704 of 3,483
I just received my Comets. Aside from the stupid placement of the chin slider, fit is good. I was concerned about that.

But I’m using it with my iPhone X and the buttons on the remote don’t seem to control volume. The middle button will pause/play but the volume up/down buttons don’t work at all. Obviously I’m using them with the lightning adapter. I’ve used the lightning adapter with other 3 button remotes without issue so I wonder if it’s just the cable itself. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I just tried the lightning adapter with my iPad and it still doesn’t work to control volume. I also tried the headphone jack directly to my iPad without adapter and none of the buttons work. Go figure.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,705 of 3,483
i’m so sorry guys. i’m leaving the campfire family, but i’ll always be here. sold my Atlas’s for the Legend X. sorry bois but there’s a reason why Empire Ears is a cult

Jul 23, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #1,706 of 3,483
i’m so sorry guys. i’m leaving the campfire family, but i’ll always be here. sold my Atlas’s for the Legend X. sorry bois but there’s a reason why Empire Ears is a cult
Congrats. I think youll be very happy. Please comeback when the next CFA product releases. Until then :)

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #1,707 of 3,483
Congrats. I think youll be very happy.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the opportunity to demo the legend or the phantom. it was down to the legend or u18 and people advised me to go with the legend

your thoughts?

Jul 23, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #1,709 of 3,483
Legend is pretty amazing. Go for the legend. If you don't like it you can sell if super quick and get the u18.

i can’t sleep at night because i’m too excited. gets here on wednesday. which do you think is the supieror iem u18 or legend? (for edm)

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #1,710 of 3,483
i can’t sleep at night because i’m too excited. gets here on wednesday. which do you think is the supieror iem u18 or legend? (for edm)
I demoed them all at AXPONA, from my taste U12t > Leg X > Trio > U18t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back