NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jun 18, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #1,411 of 3,483
Didn't someone just say Campfire recommended T400 tips for the Comet? Does T400 really not fit? Thinking of picking up some Comply tomorrow, just not sure now whether to go for T400, T500, or T600.
I nearly mangled a fresh set of T400s trying to force them on, so I'd pass on those. I don't have T500s here to try, but I suspect they'd work based on how easily the T600s go on.

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,412 of 3,483
If this is too out of field for this thread, apologies - Does anyone have a Reference 8 cable and has dealt with its stiffness? I only coiled the IEM one time in a case and now the entire cable is all bendy and just won't relax. Very much opposite of the Litz cable. Anyone know how to get this cable to "soften"?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #1,413 of 3,483
At CanJam NYC earlier this year I asked Ken about that issue.

He said let the cable hang straight down and use a hair dryer to soften up the plastic cover. Then try stretching it out and the curling should be eliminated.

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #1,416 of 3,483
I did it guys.

2ciury.jpg

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #1,418 of 3,483
You seem to be on an upgrade spree.
Hope you enjoy your new gear.:L3000:

Also on a selling spree too :frowning2:

Just following some advice: “instead of getting multiple $200-300 IEMs, just get a better one.”

Andromedas, EE Bravado and ER4SR should be good for awhile.

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #1,419 of 3,483

Just following some advice: “instead of getting multiple $200-300 IEMs, just get a better one.”

Rule Number 1: You are never good for a while, at least in this hobby. As soon as you get the next great thing, your insides will start twitching over what next better thing is on the horizon...

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #1,420 of 3,483
Rule Number 1: You are never good for a while, at least in this hobby. As soon as you get the next great thing, your insides will start twitching over what next better thing is on the horizon...
Totally agreed with you, I been chasing so call TOTL the last 3 years, and bought ALL TOTL iem but always go back to my old one

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1,421 of 3,483
Totally agreed with you, I been chasing so call TOTL the last 3 years, and bought ALL TOTL iem but always go back to my old one

My first headphones are still my favorite. LOL. Shure SRH1540.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #1,422 of 3,483
I've enjoyed listening to my panoply of $200-ish IEMs to sample all the different technologies and get a feel for dynamics vs balanced armatures vs hybrids vs planars, but you definitely reach a point where nothing is impressive anymore -just different- and the time comes to part with some equipment and move upmarket.

p.s. Pure Silver Litz Balanced + Comet impressions coming soon. TLDR: danksauce to my ears, even though it makes no financial sense.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #1,423 of 3,483

Good thing I had this mentality early on, went from IT01 to Comets to Atlas, did not enjoy the Comets as much as the IT01, figured I might as well go for a TOTL instead of messing around with the midrange iems.

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #1,424 of 3,483
Hello,

First time poster long time reader.

I just wanted to heap some further praise on the Comet. I picked it up on a whim due to the pricing and the and the good reviews it has been collecting since launch.

I also picked up the Sennheiser IE800 the following week after a big drop in price at one of our local retailers.

I have been using both with an Astell and Kern AK70MKii and the Comet with my Iphone 8s through the Apple headphone adapter and am blown away by the cohesion and the full audio spectrum that these things push out.

They are $299 Aud and the build and cable quality are outstanding, Well done Ken and Campfire!

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #1,425 of 3,483
Hello,

First time poster long time reader.

I just wanted to heap some further praise on the Comet. I picked it up on a whim due to the pricing and the and the good reviews it has been collecting since launch.

I also picked up the Sennheiser IE800 the following week after a big drop in price at one of our local retailers.

I have been using both with an Astell and Kern AK70MKii and the Comet with my Iphone 8s through the Apple headphone adapter and am blown away by the cohesion and the full audio spectrum that these things push out.

They are $299 Aud and the build and cable quality are outstanding, Well done Ken and Campfire!

Comets + iPhone X (and dongle) is pretty darn good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back