NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jun 20, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #1,427 of 3,483
Also on a selling spree too :frowning2:

Just following some advice: “instead of getting multiple $200-300 IEMs, just get a better one.”

Andromedas, EE Bravado and ER4SR should be good for awhile.
Yes Ive been on an upgrade and selling spree too. Agreed, I personally dont want more than two iems as it becomes a chore to listen to all of them.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #1,428 of 3,483
Jun 21, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #1,431 of 3,483
My CB13 finally returned to me from repairs, finally got to try them with my Atlas, they solved the issue of complys muffling the mids and highs, sounds very good to me now. Only issue is the cable is a little thick and it kinda swings around a lot while Im walking about and it sorta tries to shake the Atlas loose from my ears.

I can't to say more as I am still new to the hobby.

Now, just waiting for my balanced Litz cable to arrive to compare with this. :D

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #1,432 of 3,483
My CB13 finally returned to me from repairs, finally got to try them with my Atlas, they solved the issue of complys muffling the mids and highs, sounds very good to me now. Only issue is the cable is a little thick and it kinda swings around a lot while Im walking about and it sorta tries to shake the Atlas loose from my ears.

I can't to say more as I am still new to the hobby.

Now, just waiting for my balanced Litz cable to arrive to compare with this. :D

I definitely want to hear your thought on this comparison. btw does the cb13 fit perfectly to the mmcx connector on the atlas?

Jun 21, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,434 of 3,483
Tested the Comets with CB12, had to cut some plastic from one of the connectors-otherwise it wouldn’t click. Overall I didn’t like the sound, muffled and non-coherent, stock cable is better. Would love to have it balanced and without mic

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #1,438 of 3,483
Good news! Is the comet going to be part of the range and if so any idea how much?

As a member of the trade I can't post the price publically. But yes we have the Comet in. Basically we have limited stock of all models, just waiting for the product pages to be added to the website, and also for the products to be added to our order system.

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,439 of 3,483
I'm still gonna get the Atlas but Mrs giving me ear ache because I pre ordered the chord hugo TT 2 so just bought the nighthawk for now as it was on offer, probably be January I'll get the Atlas now

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #1,440 of 3,483
I6S5jFj.jpg

Hey Guys,

I’ve sold my CA Vegas, and am selling my Audeze LCDi4’s, and consolidating down to one pair of IEM’s for now. I’ve been giving it a lot of thought, and ended up going with the CA Atlas, as I enjoyed the Vegas so much whilst I owned them. To sum it up quickly, the Atlas is like a bigger sounding Vega, with a hint of Andromeda about them.

Now, these are just initial impressions, the kind of stuff that hits you right away, vs the smaller nuances you notice over time. Mostly this will all be in comparison to the Vega, as that is my previous CA reference point.

The Bass is similar in quantity to the Vega, but seems to integrate into the whole frequency response more, if that makes sense? It doesn’t over do it, and drown out the other frequencies. Its a bit less harsh sounding, more rounder sounding, easier to listen to.

The mids seem more detailed than the Vegas. In fact, everything seems more detailed. The mids are a tiny bit recessed I think. Kinda sound smoother, and more even than the Vegas.

The treble is the most improved part over the Vega. Its a bit less bright than the Vega, and less shouty. I haven’t noticed any sibilance yet :)

The soundstage is a bit bigger than the Vega, but perhaps not as wide as the Andromeda. However, I’m going off of memory of the Andromeda, I haven’t heard them for a little while. The Atlas sound “bigger” than both the Vega and Andromeda, a more enveloping and full sound.

As usual with CA/ALO, the cable is great. Doesn’t get all tangled and messed up. Nice and supple. The Atlas are really comfy, especially wearing them down vs. Over the ear.

I haven’t done a lot of tip rolling yet. I’m having a bit of trouble with the Final Audio tips and suffocation of the sound completely in my left ear. I’ll keep working on this and report back with how I feel about all the tips. Currently running the marshmallow CA tips, small size.

All in all, the Atlas are great so far. Bigger and fuller sounding than the Vega, but also a bit easier to listen to. Less harsh. If you guys have any questions, just let me know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back