NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
May 28, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #1,096 of 3,483
10116290.jpg

You are going to make me cry. You are getting all the gear I want!

May 28, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #1,097 of 3,483
@Hawaiibadboy I’m quite interested to hear how you are finding the CA Atlas and EE Legend X compare with and/or complement one another.

May 28, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #1,098 of 3,483
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 28, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #1,101 of 3,483
Impressions for the Atlas paired with Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, Questyle QP1R, and Sony NW-WM1A (balanced) please.

May 29, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #1,103 of 3,483
Thanks to you jerks, I have an atlas on the way as well. When I got the vega I thought oh this is definitely my end game, Im done... yea, that worked out well for me. Though this time I think its going to be time to sell off some of my other less used iems.

Edit: I should say that from what I am reading, the bass quality and texture from the vega seems improved, and the atlas gives a somewhat similar overall signature, though perhaps with slightly less recessed mids and more air/sparkle up top and additional detail everywhere. Sounds nice. Also kinda looking forward to wearing these down, even though I have gotten quite used to the vegas. Going to have to see if its worth keeping both. Only other pair I am thinking about keeping right now is the MD+, probably time to say bye bye to the polaris, noble x, it03, p1 and maybe some of the other cheaper ones I have lying around...

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,104 of 3,483
Will the pure silver cable be available?

Sorry yes, we have them but are just a little behind on getting them on the website, please stand by.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 29, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,106 of 3,483
I think the Comets can scale up more with a mid fi dac/amp (ifi xDSD or a dap).
This has been my experience so far. They DEFINITELY sound better driven by my Cayin N5ii than they do right off my Moto G5+, and they sound even better driven by member XRKaudio's pocket class A amp. Although at that point the scaling starts to taper off.

May 29, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #1,107 of 3,483
I ultimately decided on the included Final Audio tips. I think you need more time as they season. IMO, the best is yet to come and the details are all there. At this point, my guess would be the details sound or feel a bit lost in the in the impactful lower frequencies.

After a few more days with the Atlas, I have to agree with you: The details are there. Also, the lows go lower and have more impact than the W80 and the treble goes higher. The treble is comparable to the U5 ADEL, but not as spacious, and the bass, obviously, is much improved (not that I don't like the U5.)

I have a bit of trouble with the fit, but most tips don't fit me well on any IEM. Generally, if the CP-240 fits the IEM, it's the best for me. On the Atlas, I switched from SpinFit CP-240s to Final E XLs, based on your suggestion, and the fit is improved but still a bit fiddly. I think I might buy more of these.

May 29, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #1,108 of 3,483
After a few more days with the Atlas, I have to agree with you: The details are there. Also, the lows go lower and have more impact than the W80 and the treble goes higher. The treble is comparable to the U5 ADEL, but not as spacious, and the bass, obviously, is much improved (not that I don't like the U5.)

I have a bit of trouble with the fit, but most tips don't fit me well on any IEM. Generally, if the CP-240 fits the IEM, it's the best for me. On the Atlas, I switched from SpinFit CP-240s to Final E XLs, based on your suggestion, and the fit is improved but still a bit fiddly. I think I might buy more of these.
Thank you...I have been singing the praises at the risk of being labeled a fanboy. That is not the case, what is the case is that they really hit a sweet spot with me. At the end of the day if the fit works and you have comfort, it all comes down to a sound signature that really agrees with you. I have never heard a TOTL IEM that sucked but I have had signatures that I enjoyed more than others.

May 29, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,109 of 3,483
If anyone wants an upgrade to the Comets, the Massdrop Plus might be a good option. Does a lot of what the Comets does except with more clarity and sounds more linear. Very comfortable and great isolation too. Very glad I have both though :)

May 29, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #1,110 of 3,483
Atlas has arrived...

Completely immersed in sound. Soundstage has me reaching out around me to touch notes, instrument separation is beyond words, so very much detail going on (I legit have never heard The Weeknd like this before)... And the bass, absolutely insane depths. Volume level is something serious... I have never played at such a low level.

(and this is just Spotify on my S8+ ...good heavens!!) The audio gods have been appeased!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back