NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #557 of 3,483
Do you have a balanced version of the stock cable (non mic) I wonder how much the difference is from just going balanced vs SE has outside of the expensive cable

IME, I find that it isn’t because of Balanced vs SE, rather it’s the DAP amp circuitry that is much better implemented on its balanced jack rather than its SE jack

The point is that if your DAP has a balanced output, always use it and if yur DAP doesn’t have a balanced jack, use a SE to balanced adapter (the effect is that the two leads or rings share a common ground thus becoming single ended)

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #558 of 3,483
IME, I find that it isn’t because of Balanced vs SE, rather it’s the DAP amp circuitry that is much better implemented on its balanced jack rather than its SE jack

The point is that if your DAP has a balanced output, always use it and if yur DAP doesn’t have a balanced jack, use a SE to balanced adapter (the effect is that the two leads or rings share a common ground thus becoming single ended)

Any recommendations for a SE to balanced adaptor or any will do?

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #559 of 3,483
More listening to the Comets:

This is my first time listening to a CA product so perhaps someone who more experience with the entire product line can chime in.

The vocals are weird but in a good way. It's clear but feels hollow like shouting into a cave and having the sound reverberate back to you. It's extremely airy and emotional. I noticed it immediately when I first heard it and I'm liking it more as I listen to it. I feel like I'm floating when I'm listening to these IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #560 of 3,483
More listening to the Comets:

This is my first time listening to a CA product so perhaps someone who more experience with the entire product line can chime in.

The vocals are weird but in a good way. It's clear but feels hollow like shouting into a cave and having the sound reverberate back to you. It's extremely airy and emotional. I noticed it immediately when I first heard it and I'm liking it more as I listen to it. I feel like I'm floating when I'm listening to these IEMs.
Yeah, when I heard them at CanJam I felt kind of the same. The Comets are very strong in terms of vocals - there's a certain smooth, natural clarity to them.

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #561 of 3,483
Good to hear. I’d be running it through a balanced cable if I were to go that route. I love the Andromedas but I find that I’m having to second guess using them because they are so expensive. The comet might be the answer for me. The thing is, my ears don’t typically like IEMs (they don’t usually stay in very well) and the Andros seem to solve that problem for me. How are the Comets when worn up?
The fit is ok. For some reason, I feel they are a bit too small. No discomfort. Simply I get a sense that they are a bit loose. But during my long commute using various public transportation in NYC, they did not come off. I enjoyed music all the way for my commute.

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #562 of 3,483
Apr 25, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #563 of 3,483
Apr 25, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #567 of 3,483
Comets. I don’t have an Andromeda, was never impressed too much with its sound. I couldn’t even remember how those sound.

That’s interesting since I find Andromeda and Comet sound pretty similar with Andromeda being more transparent sounding and have much better bass and treble extensions

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #568 of 3,483
That’s interesting since I find Andromeda and Comet sound pretty similar with Andromeda being more transparent sounding and have much better bass and treble extensions

Yes. I experienced Andromeda with very short time and every time I hear them I get back with no excitement, especially knowing they cost more than a hd800. More of a can guy.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #569 of 3,483
Comets. I don’t have an Andromeda, was never impressed too much with its sound. I couldn’t even remember how those sound.
To me Andromeda is one of the best sounding iems on the market. Vega is different beast, heard other TOTL iems as well - Andromeda is a sweet spot IMHO.
Still waiting for my COmets - would be very surprised if they sound similar. Had Orions before- mids are great, the rest is far behind

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #570 of 3,483
This is very much expected given you have 2 drivers for lows and 2 for highs in Andromeda - purely a limitation for one BA driver in Comet. I'm sure they perform well for the price, but no miracles here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back