NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jun 3, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #1,217 of 3,483
Jun 4, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #1,218 of 3,483
Soo, I've met DSD... Only on a Xduoo X3 for now, but hey. I'm listening to Norah Jones Come Away With Me album and I have hands down never heard anything so damn immersive, rich and detailed in my life before (and I've heard this album many times). Between the DSD format and the Atlas... This is quiteeee an experience. Can't wait to get either the R6 or DX150!

Jun 4, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #1,222 of 3,483
Jun 4, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,223 of 3,483
Just grab the plastic connector and pull away from the silver body of the iem in the direction of the cable/connector (perpendicular to the body of the iem). The mmcx connectors on both the comet and atlas snap in and out.

Jun 4, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #1,227 of 3,483
Soo, I've met DSD... Only on a Xduoo X3 for now, but hey. I'm listening to Norah Jones Come Away With Me album and I have hands down never heard anything so damn immersive, rich and detailed in my life before (and I've heard this album many times). Between the DSD format and the Atlas... This is quiteeee an experience. Can't wait to get either the R6 or DX150!
Be careful of which version of DSD you have there :D. I assume that DSD would have come from SACD. The early (2002) Norah Jones SACD derived from a CD mastering that was just converted to DSD. Later on, another revision of Come Away With Me was made that's proper DSD.

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #1,228 of 3,483
Just how boosted is the bass on the Atlas? Does it become overbearing if listening to already bassy music? Also, how sharp are the highs? Sibilance? Trying to decide between Atlas and Andromeda.

Depends what youre after. The bass is great on the atlas, I listen to bass heavy music and with the stock cable it sounds pretty awesome, not overbearing. No sibilance, the atlas so far has great treble, more controlled then vega and im using silicone tips.

The andromeda is pretty awesome as well. Some say the bass is not enough on andromeda but I personally think the bass is great. I enjoy the andromeda mainly with vocals, classical, and some alternative. All of my deep house, synth heavy music is with the atlas. The only fault I have of atlas is the fit, it feels like it was made for stock cable or cables without memory wire. If you have custom cables with memory wire, the fit will work but I found it pretty wonky.

After listening to atlas then going back to andromeda, i really begin to miss the hit of the low end. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #1,229 of 3,483
Be careful of which version of DSD you have there :D. I assume that DSD would have come from SACD. The early (2002) Norah Jones SACD derived from a CD mastering that was just converted to DSD. Later on, another revision of Come Away With Me was made that's proper DSD.

*shrugs* I new to DSD.
Source: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/93692/Norah_Jones-Come_Away_With_Me-DSD_Download

*aside* I have a Michael Jackson Thriller SACD I downloaded... what would I use to convert it to the best quality DSD?

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #1,230 of 3,483
Depends what youre after. The bass is great on the atlas, I listen to bass heavy music and with the stock cable it sounds pretty awesome, not overbearing. No sibilance, the atlas so far has great treble, more controlled then vega and im using silicone tips. The andromeda is pretty awesome as well. Some say the bass is not enough on andromeda but I personally think the bass is great. I enjoy the andromeda mainly with vocals, classical, and some alternative. All of my deep house, synth heavy music is with the atlas. I find no faults and truly believe the atlas is the best of andromeda and vega. After listening to atlas then going back to andromeda, i begin to miss the hit of the low end. Hope this helps
Thanks for the detailed response. Which of the two would you say has the edge with vocals and acoustic instruments like piano, violin, cello, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back