NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
May 18, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #3,421 of 3,483
Such a terrific post here. Love hearing about great experiences with the ATLAS. I’ve had mine for 2 years now and I use them everywhere outside of home, especially commutes to work. They’re awesome. Truly grateful.

Do share your impressions with the CIEM tips please! Love to see what they will look like. :)
Mine is closing in to 3 years!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #3,422 of 3,483
I’m relaxing in a hotel room in a mental Pink Floyd concert with the Atlas connect to the ALO Gold 16 cable and a SPK1000. I tried the Gold 16 on a lark earlier this week and expect the Atlas to be dark and moody. I was surprised by the vocals - it was like I was at the concert front and center (very intimate) with every album I’ve played so far. This is permantant pairing - I’ve loved the Atlas from day one and now they have a defined role in my collection.

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #3,423 of 3,483
I’m relaxing in a hotel room in a mental Pink Floyd concert with the Atlas connect to the ALO Gold 16 cable and a SPK1000. I tried the Gold 16 on a lark earlier this week and expect the Atlas to be dark and moody. I was surprised by the vocals - it was like I was at the concert front and center (very intimate) with every album I’ve played so far. This is permantant pairing - I’ve loved the Atlas from day one and now they have a defined role in my collection.
The grand presentation is what drew me to the atlas. A non peaky treble, and an overcast of the midbass akin to a warm embrace is what perfected it.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #3,424 of 3,483
overall cast of the midbass akin to a warm embrace is what perfected it.
Yes - this is what I’m hearing! Poetry to my ears!

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #3,425 of 3,483

The grand presentation is what drew me to the atlas. A non peaky treble, and an overcast of the midbass akin to a warm embrace is what perfected it.

Same feelings translate overall to the Equinox as well, and why I decided to go custom with Campfire :)

Nov 5, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #3,426 of 3,483
Back to enjoying Atlas for a while with the Sony WM1AM2. Great pairing.

I'm using foam tips now, yes they do alter the sound a little but I can't find a silicone tip that keeps them in my ear and doesn't cause driver flex and yes I've tried them all.

I'm glad I've kept Atlas after the eBay auction went wrong when I tried to sell it. :upside_down:

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #3,428 of 3,483
tried with a smaller silicone one
If you were replying to me then I've tried that :) the problem for me is the Atlas design where the wire does not wrap around my ear means the weight of the cable pulls it out of my ear, its probably my wierd ear shape. I've tried over the ear wire routing with it and shirt clips, everything, you name it I've tried it, so foam tips and a shirt clip work great now for me.

Nov 5, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #3,429 of 3,483
Back to enjoying Atlas for a while with the Sony WM1AM2. Great pairing.

I'm using foam tips now, yes they do alter the sound a little but I can't find a silicone tip that keeps them in my ear and doesn't cause driver flex and yes I've tried them all.

I'm glad I've kept Atlas after the eBay auction went wrong when I tried to sell it. :upside_down:
I settled with stock finals in the end.

Nov 5, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #3,430 of 3,483
If you were replying to me then I've tried that :) the problem for me is the Atlas design where the wire does not wrap around my ear means the weight of the cable pulls it out of my ear, its probably my wierd ear shape. I've tried over the ear wire routing with it and shirt clips, everything, you name it I've tried it, so foam tips and a shirt clip work great now for me.
You can turn the Atlas so that the wire does wrap around your ear. CA does state this as an alternative way of using it.

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #3,434 of 3,483
I settled with stock finals in the end.
Sadly driver flex with those for me causes massive attenuation of the sound even when I just move my head or my jaw.

You can turn the Atlas so that the wire does wrap around your ear. CA does state this as an alternative way of using it.

Yep I tried that, its just not comfortable for me, my odd ear canal shape I think, it goes almost vertical, my Dr once commented that I'm odd in that respect. :)

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #3,435 of 3,483
How do people like the Comply Foam tips?? I use them regularly on my Atlas. Best fit and comfort I’ve found for me.

I know others experiences will be very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back