NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Jul 27, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #2,943 of 3,483
I sometimes chuckle at this thread. I have stated many times, you will be disappointed if you plug these in out of the box and make a h d these need time. Spiral Dots give the best sound, because of the wide bore, step down a size so that you receive a deep insertion and great deal. The driver flex you hear will go away. These are a super engaging IEM. Like most folks I had to get over the initial wall of bass, but believe me, with time you will be rewarded. To my ears, at this point, the Solaris is just a different signature, not better or worse.

See, I can’t get them to stay in or not flex reliably with Spiral Dots. Andro? Spiral Dots work fine. Still usually prefer the foam for both sound and comfort. Atlas? Flex, and falls out. Both in my regular size and in one size down. Whether worn over the ear or hanging down. Probably down at least in part to ear anatomy.

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #2,944 of 3,483
Well, when i first tried atlas with silicone tips, i had very bad time with flex, i could remove it and insert it different ways for over 20 times, and i still get flex .. i been using foams since, and one day i just switched to spiral dots and kept trying with it for a week, and now i always get them from second insertion, never worked for me on first insertion though, i insert them and play, the sound is muffled, i removed each piece and reinsert it and its working fine.

So ears must be getting used to it or something because when i first tried it, it was a pain in the ass :D

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #2,945 of 3,483
See, I can’t get them to stay in or not flex reliably with Spiral Dots. Andro? Spiral Dots work fine. Still usually prefer the foam for both sound and comfort. Atlas? Flex, and falls out. Both in my regular size and in one size down. Whether worn over the ear or hanging down. Probably down at least in part to ear anatomy.

Lately I have been using spinfit cp155. They arent the most snug fit on the atlas, but their narrower and longer shape definitely seems to help for the atlas. No driver flex for me, and I can get a decent seal, without too much discomfort (which is a problem with the atlas for me due to their weight and size).

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #2,947 of 3,483
Get an IEM/Hearing aid vacuum to clean it out.

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #2,950 of 3,483
I'd love a dynamic in the same form factor as the atlas but positioned half way in price between the comet and the atlas if that makes sense?

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,951 of 3,483
The iBasso IT01s may be a candidate. A bit cheap, though, just $199... I haven't heard it, it just looks interesting from the specs.

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #2,952 of 3,483
I'd love a dynamic in the same form factor as the atlas but positioned half way in price between the comet and the atlas if that makes sense?

The JVC FD01?

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #2,953 of 3,483
The iBasso IT01s may be a candidate. A bit cheap, though, just $199... I haven't heard it, it just looks interesting from the specs.

Pretty much no universal fits my right ear sadly. Plus I meant from Campfire anyway :p Comets with double flange tips come close, but even that gets uncomfortable after awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back