New Beyer DT1350
Sep 15, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #3,571 of 4,010
  From my experience the Momentums are no good. Amperior is fine, but the DT1350s are better. If I was to do it all over again I might get the KEF M500.

I would consider the M500's if they isolated better, not to mention they are over $100 more than the 1350's

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #3,572 of 4,010

I would consider the M500's if they isolated better, not to mention they are over $100 more than the 1350's

Yeah the 1350s are dropping in price because a new version is coming or is out already in some places. The "facelift" version will be $299 again. I'm curious about the M500.

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #3,573 of 4,010

Yeah the 1350s are dropping in price because a new version is coming or is out already in some places. The "facelift" version will be $299 again. I'm curious about the M500.

What is the lifted feature in the facelift version? Compared photo to photo, no obvious different... Will the seller differentiate the facelift and the ori version?

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #3,574 of 4,010
  What is the lifted feature in the facelift version? Compared photo to photo, no obvious different... Will the seller differentiate the facelift and the ori version?

The cups are colored slightly differently (the Beyer logo is in black instead of silver) and the headband padding and ear pads have been improved slightly, otherwise its the same headphone. You can get the newer headband padding and ear pads and put them on the original version to make it a "Facelift" aside from the coloring on the cups.

If the listing doesn't say "Facelift" its most likely the original version. Since the original version is a little cheaper right now I think its still a great buy. Its $197 on Amz with free Prime/SSS shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QMH8KI

FYI: RazorDog has the Facelift version and you can make a best offer on their ebay listings:

Coiled cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/310708546690
Straight cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121175615700

or you can get them for $239 with free shipping through their website by using coupon code RAZORDOG20

Coiled cable: http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/beyerdynamic-dt-1350-cc-facelift-closed-on-ear-headphone
Straight cable: http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/beyerdynamic-dt-1350-facelift-closed-on-ear-headphone

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #3,575 of 4,010

The cups are colored slightly differently (the Beyer logo is in black instead of silver) and the headband padding and ear pads have been improved slightly, otherwise its the same headphone. You can get the newer headband padding and ear pads and put them on the original version to make it a "Facelift" aside from the coloring on the cups.

If the listing doesn't say "Facelift" its most likely the original version. Since the original version is a little cheaper right now I think its still a great buy. Its $197 on Amz with free Prime/SSS shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QMH8KI

FYI: RazorDog has the Facelift version and you can make a best offer on their ebay listings:

Coiled cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/310708546690
Straight cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121175615700

or you can get them for $239 with free shipping through their website by using coupon code RAZORDOG20

Coiled cable: http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/beyerdynamic-dt-1350-cc-facelift-closed-on-ear-headphone
Straight cable: http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/beyerdynamic-dt-1350-facelift-closed-on-ear-headphone

Thanks sir... Nice info there. Maybe this post should be linked at first page in case others ask the same question, again...

Too bad Razordogaudio didn't ship DT 1350 to Malaysia when I try to check out my cart just now.

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #3,577 of 4,010
  From my experience the Momentums are no good. Amperior is fine, but the DT1350s are better. If I was to do it all over again I might get the KEF M500.

I was actually disappointed at how much more I preferred the 1350s to the Amperiors. I ended up keeping the Senns, as well, since I got them at a really nice price...but I really expected and hoped they would be more on par with the Beyers to my ears. They do sound good, but they're a clear step down in terms of the sound quality, and two steps down (maybe three) in terms of build. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #3,578 of 4,010
Has anyone compared momentum with DT1350?

I've just recently purchased M100.

I have to say my DT1350 sounds better to my ears. The mid bass hump on the M100 just mess everything up for me.

In terms of comfortablitly, I also have to say I prefer the DT1350 as well. Although the earpad is bigger on the M100, it is not nearly big enough for my ears so it is actually half touching my ears, which is common for M100.

When not listening to music, the DT1350 rest on my neck better than the M100. The M100 rubs against my chins which is quite annoying to be honest.

A lot people say the M100 fits like a glove, but it doesnt for me, because it doesnt have the abililty to rotate so its actually harder to adjust to the perfect fit, so its either a good fit or not.

Mind that the M100 is also a little bit heavier.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #3,579 of 4,010
I preferred the DTs over both headphones mentioned above. Just more resolving overall to my ears and I appreciate its presentation. Perhaps I also prefer a more neutral balanced sound these days.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #3,580 of 4,010
i picked up an excellent condition ath-ad700 and used it daily for 2 weeks now. I think it sounds better than dt1350. now I know what people refer to when saying "tire you out" by the sound.

I have more toys coming like o2 amp and odac. report back after that.

also the bloody ma900 is not here yet. crappy ebay seller.

right now all driven with xonar stx. the dt1350 sucks with iphone 3gs. at certain point the volume all the sudden goes high enough to make a sound difference but it's too loud. and one level down is too weak. thus buying the amp and dac. spent too much money in the last 2 months lol. gave away the koss portapro to boss at work.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #3,581 of 4,010
After over 10 years of listening, I'm trying to move away from IEM's for portable use. After lots of research, I narrowed my decision to the Senn Momentum and the DT1350, ultimately going with the DT1350. So far I have mixed feeling about them but that's probably because I've been so used to my Westone 3's. Using them with my Cowon J3, I'm finding I really need to crank up the volume. Where I used to listen at a volume of 18 -20, I now need to go up to 30 -34, and even then I feel like it needs more oomph. I want to see how they fare with an amp so I'll have to dig out my Xin Supermini.

I'm also finding them to have a bit more bass than I prefer on certain tracks so I'll have to tweak the equalizer settings on the J3. Another thing I've noticed is that vocals aren't quite as forward as I'm used to, but overall I am impressed with the sound quality. Comfort hasn't been an issue either. If I have one major gripe, it's that I think I look like a real dork wearing these things, to the point where I'm self-conscious about it in public. Before I switched to IEM's, portable headphones were a lot smaller and less obtrusive.

Provided my ears can fit comfortably in the cups, I'm still probably going to get the Senn Momentums for comparison purposes. I know some people feel they're several steps below the DT1350 but based on many of the reviews I read, they may be more of what I'm looking for.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #3,582 of 4,010
  After over 10 years of listening, I'm trying to move away from IEM's for portable use. After lots of research, I narrowed my decision to the Senn Momentum and the DT1350, ultimately going with the DT1350. So far I have mixed feeling about them but that's probably because I've been so used to my Westone 3's. Using them with my Cowon J3, I'm finding I really need to crank up the volume. Where I used to listen at a volume of 18 -20, I now need to go up to 30 -34, and even then I feel like it needs more oomph. I want to see how they fare with an amp so I'll have to dig out my Xin Supermini.

I'm also finding them to have a bit more bass than I prefer on certain tracks so I'll have to tweak the equalizer settings on the J3. Another thing I've noticed is that vocals aren't quite as forward as I'm used to, but overall I am impressed with the sound quality. Comfort hasn't been an issue either. If I have one major gripe, it's that I think I look like a real dork wearing these things, to the point where I'm self-conscious about it in public. Before I switched to IEM's, portable headphones were a lot smaller and less obtrusive.

Provided my ears can fit comfortably in the cups, I'm still probably going to get the Senn Momentums for comparison purposes. I know some people feel they're several steps below the DT1350 but based on many of the reviews I read, they may be more of what I'm looking for.

Has someone actually TOLD you that you look like a dork with them on? lol  I actually think they look pretty cool, personally. 

I haven't heard the Momentums, but have heard good things about them. I'm sure they're a solid phone. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #3,583 of 4,010

Has someone actually TOLD you that you look like a dork with them on? lol  I actually think they look pretty cool, personally.

I haven't heard the Momentums, but have heard good things about them. I'm sure they're a solid phone.

No, that's just my personal opinion! I actually showed them to a co-worker this morning and she thought they looked fine on me. She did admit though that they look a little unusual compared to other cans, especially since the cups are small but stick out somewhat. There are also a lot of visible parts on the DT1350 which I think draws your attention to them more than say Beats or Bose which are basically one single piece.

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #3,584 of 4,010

The Momentum is not several steps bellow the DT1350 - they just have different sound signatures.   Basically, the Momentum has more mid-bass punch, while the DT1350 has more sub-bass and less punch.  The highs and mids, while different in presentation, are great on both models.  The DT1350 isolates better, but the Momentum is more comfortable.

I prefer the DT1350...by just a little bit.  If you think the DT1350 has more bass than you prefer, then prepare to have even more bass with the Sennheisers. 

Whenever you think you look like a dork, just remember...at least you don't look like an total idiot...which you would if you used Beats instead.
dt880smile.png

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #3,585 of 4,010
Should be receiving my DT's today...pretty excited. Ordered off Amazon a little over a week ago and just checked the Track and Trace and they arrived in country (NZ) on Monday....should see them today 
biggrin.gif

Did plenty of reading and research before pulling the trigger on these and it came down to the Beyer's or the Senn HD 25-1 II's - Jude's video comparison and comments helped a lot here.

Will be using them with my portable setup 100% as I am on the road almost full time - looking forward to hearing how the sound with the Pico Slim and through the Mont Blanc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back