New Beyer DT1350
Oct 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #3,601 of 4,010
The clamping force will lessen with your listening time. For me, either I got used to it or what. It became more comfortable wearing it.

I do want to try the new pads tho and I dont think we can get them in NZ...

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #3,602 of 4,010
http://www.head-fi.org/t/627820/improving-the-comfort-of-the-dt1350-with-two-new-earpads-from-beyerdynamic

This might help...

If you are ordering one....I would like to order one as well...maybe shipping to NZ will be cheaper if we combine together.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #3,604 of 4,010
PMing you now :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #3,606 of 4,010
Find one shop in AU...

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Beyerdynamic-DT1350-Replacement-Nubuck-Leather-Ear-Pads

ooo tempting, I'm in AU. I'll wait for some impressions.. They look like the velour pads though from the image there on A2A but they say leather? I think I'd prefer the velour for comfort but in the thread you linked apparently isolation is a bit worse.

I've had my DT1350 for over a year now and they are pretty comfortable to me at least for commuting. I can't wear them for too long in the office, they're a bit suffocating for my ears and the clamp gets a bit much. So maybe these pads would help a bit. But I think its also just their extreme isolation and narrow soundstage, doesn't really work/help outside of noisy commuting for me in a quiet office..

I've been very tempted to get a pair of M100s lately. So it was interesting to hear that you prefer DT1350 sound and small size. I do love how deep the bass goes but the kick/punch is missing sometimes. I've been using Fiio X3 lately and putting the bass up to +5, works wonders. 

I mainly listen to electronic music and seems like the M100 would work well, and I think they are better looking. The P7 are also interesting but I don't like the look, chunky/square and would stick out a lot. Also the new XL pads for the M100s say they tone down the midbass hump a bit and give you more sub, which I think I would prefer as I'm all about sub bass (and like the rest of the mids/highs to be quite flat, hate treble spikes). This is going by a large number of impressions in the M100 thread, and they all say they are much more comfortable too. 

I think it'd be good just to have another portable option anyway and they do fold down nicely with that hinge system, plus the removable cable and the fact you can get a boom mic cable for gaming, coiled cable and a bunch of other accessories does make the M100 quite versatile and attractive.

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #3,607 of 4,010
There are some impressions here about the earpad.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/627820/improving-the-comfort-of-the-dt1350-with-two-new-earpads-from-beyerdynamic

Yea, I've been swapping between my KEFM500, M100, and DT1350.

I've also bought the XL pad. They are on their way to New Zealand at the moment.

I think depends on what sound signature you like. You can't go wrong with either one.

With commuting purpose, I will recommend the DT1350 and M100 due to the isolation and clamping force. DT1350 isolates better tho.

In terms of portablilty, I would say DT1350 has got an edge over M100.

M100 earcups doesn't rotate which means it rubs against your chin which can be quite uncomfortable if you are going to wear it around your neck, and also if you want to put them in the case you have to unplug the cable every time. The DT1350 case is more durable IMO.

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #3,609 of 4,010
Ok, so I've made the classic Rookie, Newbie, Numb-Nuts mistake and have had my new phones on at the same time wearing my glasses / Spectacles!!

Realized the mistake, took them off and the comfort level has increased dramatically, making me a very happy camper - 
biggrin.gif
 - no more sore ears!

Wow - I'm very impress the1350's - they got a solid dose of Pink Floyd all morning and then got smacked with some deep, hard and funky Techno all afternoon (Carl Cox, Dave Clarke, Ritchie Hawtin). Lots of toe tapping, head bobbing goodness!

Please note - All I've had in my ears for the past 2 years is my UERM's, and this is the first on-ear can I've ever tried, so comparing the two is not fair…The RM's smoke them on all levels as would be expected. However, I paid $186 NZD for these and I'm pretty bloody stoked with their performance and the sound I'm getting.

One very happy customer here - 
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #3,610 of 4,010
  Regarding the silver and relief logo versions...

Apparently, ALL versions of the DT1350 headphones have the uncolored, relief logo on the plastic cup.
For the silver logo version, there is an ADDITIONAL metal plate stuck (with 2-sided tape) on top of the cup bearing the relief logo. So people with the silver logo version also have the relief logo too, without knowing it. 

I was surprised this is fairly old news, as shown in photographs in the following thread from another site. Scroll down approximately 20 posts for photo: 

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/thread/7044/beyerdynamic-dt1350?page=4

Wow, that's an awesome find!

I might remove the plastic cup when I get them! 
I just scored a pair off Amazon for $105. Very excited.

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #3,611 of 4,010
Interesting. I prefer the look without that plate too, a bit more stealth, might also remove mine...

An aside.. Dt1350 sounds fantastic out of fiio x3; bass +5 = enough sub to satisfy almost any bass head. I'm still planning to get an M100+xl pads for a more boom-tish over-ear alternative, but honestly 1350+x3 is a fantastic portable combo

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #3,612 of 4,010
Interesting. I prefer the look without that plate too, a bit more stealth, might also remove mine...

An aside.. Dt1350 sounds fantastic out of fiio x3; bass +5 = enough sub to satisfy almost any bass head. I'm still planning to get an M100+xl pads for a more boom-tish over-ear alternative, but honestly 1350+x3 is a fantastic portable combo

This is sort of off topic but... does the fiio x3 sound anything like the e17? Because the E17 will be my main source for the DT1350 when they arrive.

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #3,613 of 4,010
  This is sort of off topic but... does the fiio x3 sound anything like the e17? Because the E17 will be my main source for the DT1350 when they arrive.

Yup, the amp section at least is the same as E17. DAC might be slightly different I'm not sure. X3 plays 24/192 and Flac and takes a 64gb microsd + 8gb onboard storage which is awesome for a portable player :)

So yes it should sound very similar to E17 and the bass and treble hardware EQ work the same way. Only difference is if you're using the DAC of another device into the E17 (like an iPhone) and then the E17 is only working as an amp; then your SQ will still depend on the iPhone (less so with a LOD cable though)

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #3,614 of 4,010
  Yup, the amp section at least is the same as E17. DAC might be slightly different I'm not sure. X3 plays 24/192 and Flac and takes a 64gb microsd + 8gb onboard storage which is awesome for a portable player :)

So yes it should sound very similar to E17 and the bass and treble hardware EQ work the same way. Only difference is if you're using the DAC of another device into the E17 (like an iPhone) and then the E17 is only working as an amp; then your SQ will still depend on the iPhone (less so with a LOD cable though)

Awesome.

Thanks for the explanation :)
Cant wait!!! 

Nov 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #3,615 of 4,010
Just got my DT1350 yesterday!

My initial impressions:
Pretty much what everyone says about these are true.
The discomfort is definitely there for a first time user.
After using it for 20 minutes, my ears became really red and painful.

Furthermore, the seal definitely requires time to figure out (but I think I got a hang of it after 2 days).
I position the headphone similar to this picture I found on head-fi:

The sound is pretty amazing once you can get a proper seal. 
To me, it sounds very similar to the K550 I used to own... without the treble spike. 

The soundstage definitely is small compare to my full-sized Q701, but for such a small headphone I find it to be quite impressive.

The accesories that came with it was pretty impressive.... 1/4" adapter, manuals, really nice carrying case and... airplane adapter!?!?! I never seen a non-noise-cancelling headphone that comes with an airplane adapter 
biggrin.gif

Here's something else strange I found... or my dillemma...
To get the amazing sound, you need the proper seal.
But to get the proper seal, the position of the headphone of my ear causes me pain.
So... to get amazing sound, I must endure the pain...

Not too happy about that... but I hope once I get used to the pressure of the headphones I will enjoy this headphone more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back