New Beyer DT1350
Sep 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #3,541 of 4,010
  sound card will be here tomorrow, tried to deliver but nobody home.

meanwhile I definitely noticed the break-in on these headphones. now sounds like $200 headphone. listening to the monster turbine copper now feels like the bass is too boosted.

thinking about picking up the ath-ad900x. is it supposed to be way better than the dt1350? I been reading about this one for a week now too much urge to buy it off ebay. just for the soundstage. don't really know what it means and never heard an open headphone. anybody have both and compared them? need another pair for gaming and said the 700x and 900x are "THE" best headphone for gaming. end of story. everytime I read stuff like that I have to buy stuff.

Yeah the AD700X/AD900X have really large soundstages and the DT1350 has as small soundstage so I think its a good idea to pickup the Audio-Technicas for gaming. However, if it were me, I would save the money and just go for the AD700X or even the AD700 which can be found quite cheap.

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #3,542 of 4,010

Yeah the AD700X/AD900X have really large soundstages and the DT1350 has as small soundstage so I think its a good idea to pickup the Audio-Technicas for gaming. However, if it were me, I would save the money and just go for the AD700X or even the AD700 which can be found quite cheap.

Not a fair comparison, sir.  Open cans by virtue of their open architecture have wider soundstage. The 1350 is a supraaural closed headphones.  

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #3,543 of 4,010

Not a fair comparison, sir.  Open cans by virtue of their open architecture have wider soundstage. The 1350 is a supraaural closed headphones.  

Yes I know this. I should have pointed that out originally but I assumed it was understood.

However, the question was in regards to gaming so my response was that yes, I think getting the AD700/AD700X/AD900X is a good idea for gaming since the (closed, supraaural) DT1350s have a small soundstage and the (open, circumaural) Audio-Technicas have a large soundstage. I wasn't trying to directly compare the two headphones overall, rather, only in reference to gaming.

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #3,544 of 4,010

Yes I know this. I should have pointed that out originally but I assumed it was understood.

However, the question was in regards to gaming so my response was that yes, I think getting the AD700/AD700X/AD900X is a good idea for gaming since the (closed, supraaural) DT1350s have a small soundstage and the (open, circumaural) Audio-Technicas have a large soundstage. I wasn't trying to directly compare the two headphones overall, rather, only in reference to gaming.

Ok. Sorry about that.  

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #3,545 of 4,010
Ok. Sorry about that.  

No problem!

beerchug.gif

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #3,546 of 4,010
ok dudes:

put in the xonar stx. all worries solved. night and day difference vs realtek alc898. the bass is so strong on the dt1350 the vibration can be seen and felt on the ear, it's in motion. everything sounds so real. it's crazy. tomorrow gonna stay home listen to music all day.

even my crappy JBL creature speakers sounded amazing. one of those time "money well spent".

not sure I need to buy the 900x or I just found out the sony MDR-MA900. which has more and better soundstage than 900x. but again I need to experience "soundstage". so this soundstage is like buying a 5.1 speakers?

anyways the STX made the porta pro sounds like dt1350 with acl898.

no more onboard for me ever. gonna laugh at people using onboard now lol.

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #3,547 of 4,010
the 900x and 700x I want to buy new. but no deal right now on ebay. 181 bucks is cheapest. wait out I guess. pretty happy with sound right now. will the 900x sound better than dt1350 that is the question.

Sep 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #3,548 of 4,010
  ok dudes:

put in the xonar stx. all worries solved. night and day difference vs realtek alc898. the bass is so strong on the dt1350 the vibration can be seen and felt on the ear, it's in motion. everything sounds so real. it's crazy. tomorrow gonna stay home listen to music all day.

even my crappy JBL creature speakers sounded amazing. one of those time "money well spent".

not sure I need to buy the 900x or I just found out the sony MDR-MA900. which has more and better soundstage than 900x. but again I need to experience "soundstage". so this soundstage is like buying a 5.1 speakers?

anyways the STX made the porta pro sounds like dt1350 with acl898.

no more onboard for me ever. gonna laugh at people using onboard now lol.

Soundstage is pretty much what it sounds like-- the perceived size of the sound's stage. So most open headphones are quite airy and have a large soundstage which means you'll perceive the sound as coming less from in your head and more from slightly oustide your head and you'll perceive more space throughout the sound so things will be separated better and sound more spacious. I think you'll notice the difference right away once you compare your DT1350s directly against something like those open Audio-Technicas and you'll see what we mean by "soundstage". They will sound more spacious and less "inside your head" than the 1350s do.

the 900x and 700x I want to buy new. but no deal right now on ebay. 181 bucks is cheapest. wait out I guess. pretty happy with sound right now. will the 900x sound better than dt1350 that is the question.

Well most have said the AD700/AD700X/AD900X are bass-light and not very good for music but have a huge soundstage and good positioning and are very good for gaming. Most likely you'll find the DT1350 has better sound quality overall but that the AT performs better in gaming. And I know I've mentioned this once before but seeing as these AT's aren't super great music headphones but better for gaming, personally I wouldn't spend more than I need to since you've already got the 1350s for music. You can find the AD700 (without the X) for around $75 and they should do just as well for gaming as the AD700X or AD900X would while at the same time saving you a decent chunk of change.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #3,549 of 4,010
The old DT 1350 cable was annoying because of microphonics. Is the new face lift cable any better or is it about the same? I'm interested in the straight cable, but I'm thinking it's got the same sleeving as the CC.

It's really a shame they didn't got with a detachable cable option. I would consider the 1350s again if they had done this. Good job the pads/headband though... it surely needed this facelift.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #3,550 of 4,010
Sep 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #3,551 of 4,010
  Well most have said the AD700/AD700X/AD900X are bass-light and not very good for music but have a huge soundstage and good positioning and are very good for gaming. Most likely you'll find the DT1350 has better sound quality overall but that the AT performs better in gaming. And I know I've mentioned this once before but seeing as these AT's aren't super great music headphones but better for gaming, personally I wouldn't spend more than I need to since you've already got the 1350s for music. You can find the AD700 (without the X) for around $75 and they should do just as well for gaming as the AD700X or AD900X would while at the same time saving you a decent chunk of change.

Firstly, the AD900X has a nice amount of bass. And pair them up with something like the E12 amp, and the bass is wonderful. Secondly, they are not very good for music? Huh???

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,552 of 4,010

Firstly, the AD900X has a nice amount of bass. And pair them up with something like the E12 amp, and the bass is wonderful. Secondly, they are not very good for music? Huh???

My mistake if that's not the case. The AD700 is the model talked about the most around here in regards to gaming and its been said many, many times that they are extremely bass-light and great for gaming but not very good for music. I had heard that the X models were similar but I haven't yet heard them myself. I would still recommend the AD700 to him for gaming since they can be found significantly cheaper than the AD700X or AD900X.

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #3,553 of 4,010
So, anyone that owned DT 1350 and wearing Weezer vocalist like glasses? Is it disturbing?

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #3,554 of 4,010
  So, anyone that owned DT 1350 and wearing Weezer vocalist like glasses? Is it disturbing?

I already answered you in the T70 thread. :wink: They're ok with "Weezer glasses". You still get a good seal but it can make them slightly less comfortable at times. Because of how small the 1350's cups are I can rest my glasses over the top of the cups instead of under them when it starts to bug me.

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #3,555 of 4,010

I already answered you in the T70 thread. :wink: They're ok with "Weezer glasses". You still get a good seal but it can make them slightly less comfortable at times. Because of how small the 1350's cups are I can rest my glasses over the top of the cups instead of under them when it starts to bug me.

Sorry... I guess I miss read that you're referring to T 70. Yeah, that's the best to describe the glasses I wear because I don't know how to call them. Lol... Gosh, headphone hunting is killing me. It's 3.03am (GMT +8) and I still reading and searching. No place to test headphone so depend on user review. Phew...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back