New Beyer DT1350
Jun 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #3,346 of 4,010

Comfort is a very important thing. But I think at first they must improve these two points.For the left they should replace it with metal and for the right they should add some kind of a screw instead of that rivet. Because today if something breaks down I must replace the whole headband and it costs 144 €!
And by the way when are beyerdynamic going to make headphones with detachable cables?Maybe they don't know but it's very useful especially for portable headphones.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #3,347 of 4,010
Quote:

Comfort is a very important thing. But I think at first they must improve these two points.For the left they should replace it with metal and for the right they should add some kind of a screw instead of that rivet. Because today if something breaks down I must replace the whole headband and it costs 144 €!
And by the way when are beyerdynamic going to make headphones with detachable cables?Maybe they don't know but it's very useful especially for portable headphones.

Wow, that's costly. I worried about the rivet too, but it seems very durable. I bought mine used and had it for about 4 month now, and the rivet's still on there!

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #3,348 of 4,010
Yes, that solution does look a bit weird and flimsy, but no problems so far (after more than a year almost daily use, transport without its protective bag. I don't know if a screw wouldn't loosen up too fast... OK, I could fasten it myself. As long as I do not loose any parts...

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #3,349 of 4,010
Quote:

The left part of my dt1350 is broken due to a little accident. I can't repair it, because the outside part of the serial number plastic part is damaged. It lost 0.5 mm of plastic and the silver circular thingie in the ring on the outside (I have no idea how to explain it) will not fix anymore in the serial part to keep the hinge together. I asked Beyer for a new part, but they sent me to their incapable Dutch fixing company. I explained what happened and told them which part I needed to fix it (it's sooo easy) and I still use my taped temporary solution. I'm definitely not going to pay 144 euros for a construction that is ruined when 0.5 mm is lost. The headphone is nicely designed, but this part is just a piece of ****.
Anybody experience with serviceandmore.eu?

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #3,350 of 4,010
The left part of my dt1350 is broken due to a little accident. I can't repair it, because the outside part of the serial number plastic part is damaged. It lost 0.5 mm of plastic and the silver circular thingie in the ring on the outside (I have no idea how to explain it) will not fix anymore in the serial part to keep the hinge together. I asked Beyer for a new part, but they sent me to their incapable Dutch fixing company. I explained what happened and told them which part I needed to fix it (it's sooo easy) and I still use my taped temporary solution. I'm definitely not going to pay 144 euros for a construction that is ruined when 0.5 mm is lost. The headphone is nicely designed, but this part is just a piece of ****.
Anybody experience with serviceandmore.eu?

with that price, you might get a second hand pair on the forum...

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #3,351 of 4,010
Quote:

with that price, you might get a second hand pair on the forum...

I probably drill a hole through all parts and bolt it together. It doesn't look as good, but it should be efficient. It only needs force from both sides towards the centre to keep the assembly together. But good tip anyway!

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #3,352 of 4,010
Has anyone used both the DT1350 and the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii? My question is whether the DT1350's clamping force are weaker than the HD25, and if so, is it significantly lower? The reason I ask is because I lent my HD25's to my parents and they like them so much, I don't think I'm going to get them back. I was going to order a pair of Sennheiser Amperiors, but then had second thoughts, because the HD25's hurt my ears after a few hours from the clamping force. I'm now considering the DT1350, but just want to know if they're comfortable enough... even for glasses wearers?

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #3,353 of 4,010
I find the 1350 have a lot less clamp than the HD25 1-II. I can wear the 1350 for more than an hour with only minimal discomfort. The HD25 caused me quite a bit of discomfort in less than 1 hr.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #3,354 of 4,010
I haven't heard the Senns, but I do wear glasses and can attest to the fact that the clamping minimizes a bit over time. You can also gently bend the headband to reduce clamp. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #3,355 of 4,010
I emailed Beyer to see when or how I can ensure that I order the "new" DT1350 version. I haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know if they are available yet?

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #3,356 of 4,010
Quote:
I emailed Beyer to see when or how I can ensure that I order the "new" DT1350 version. I haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know if they are available yet?

+1!

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3,358 of 4,010
^ thanks. I haven't found any in the US. I haven't heard anything back from Beyerdynamics or their local distributor. The local distributor replied stating that I must be talking about some white version or something (he sent the link but it was something else. I replied back with a link to the press release, and he went silent lol. 

I wonder if they want to dump their current stock first. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #3,360 of 4,010
I wonder if they want to dump their current stock first. 

Maybe the they can sell the cc version already since it has different cable but for the new version of the original it seems logical that they would wait until the old version is sold out before they'll sell the new ones.

I guess the rivet is the reason why a colleague called my DT1350 'looking a bit flimsy'. I have it for less than a month and so far so good. Hopefully I can make it for long.

Mine is almost two years and still looking new.. I baby them though. But I think it is a QC problem and not constant. I mean if yours has survived a year or two with daily use, it's more likely that it doesn't have the weak earcups or headband assembly problem and will stay in good condition for another years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back