New Beyer DT1350
Sep 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #1,021 of 4,010
I just ordered the DT1350 from amazon and should be getting them in two weeks.  I wanted some cans that were more neutral than my HF2 with a flatter, more extended bass response. I also wanted something portable and closed that I might use at work.

I hope to have some impressions up here in a couple weeks.

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #1,022 of 4,010

Quote:
I just ordered the DT1350 from amazon and should be getting them in two weeks.  I wanted some cans that were more neutral than my HF2 with a flatter, more extended bass response. I also wanted something portable and closed that I might use at work.

I hope to have some impressions up here in a couple weeks.

I think you'll be pleased with your choice. Your description is exactly what I find them to sound like. I've also been using mine at work now for a month or so.

Sep 18, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #1,024 of 4,010
Does anyone own both a T1 and the DT1350?  I know they can't be compared but I'm really impressed with the Tesla tech in my T1 and is wondering if the DT1350 has similar extension to the T1.  

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #1,026 of 4,010

Quote:

I enjoy T1s a lot, but do not enjoy DT1350s at all anymore.

May I ask why?  I'm considering to put together a dedicated portable system to use on the go/in the office and instead of IEMs thought I should try a good pair of portables and thought I should start with a pair of Beyers with Tesla tech as I enjoy the T1s a lot.

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #1,027 of 4,010

Quote:
May I ask why?  I'm considering to put together a dedicated portable system to use on the go/in the office and instead of IEMs thought I should try a good pair of portables and thought I should start with a pair of Beyers with Tesla tech as I enjoy the T1s a lot.

Not deatiled enough. Horribly uncomfortable. Prefer IEMs for portable use now.

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #1,028 of 4,010

Quote:

I enjoy T1s a lot, but do not enjoy DT1350s at all anymore.

Not that I've had extensive experience with the T1 but in the time I've had with both (tried the T1 for about a week) I'd be inclined to say the opposite.  I enjoy the DT1350's a lot and didn't find anything special in the T1 that made them a contender for me!  They both have different purposes admittedly though.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #1,029 of 4,010
I finally received my pair of dt1350 , currently listening to it so my brain can adjust to it
coming from various IEMs, i really love the soundstage, but one problem I h ave is that it seems I just can't get the perfect fit, whenever I press the cups against  my ears the bass seems to be a lot better, is there a way to fix that?

Sep 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #1,030 of 4,010
Yep take them off and slowly bend the headband, don't worry as long as you don't go caveman on them they won't break. Give it time once you have played around with them a bit you'll be getting the fit you need in under a minute. We all went through the same thing when we got ours.

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #1,031 of 4,010
I finally received my pair of dt1350 , currently listening to it so my brain can adjust to it
coming from various IEMs, i really love the soundstage, but one problem I h ave is that it seems I just can't get the perfect fit, whenever I press the cups against  my ears the bass seems to be a lot better, is there a way to fix that?

Iup, there is.
Patience.

Sep 22, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #1,032 of 4,010
You can bend the headband in various ways, but you will never achieve the same kind of clamp passively -- you need to push down on them to get that bass. 

Sep 22, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #1,033 of 4,010

Quote:
Not deatiled enough. Horribly uncomfortable. Prefer IEMs for portable use now.

I didn't find them that uncomfortable,  but I did find they were lacking in detail compared to the t50p, and my other problem is in the timber of many instruments particularly wooden ones like bongos. And the bass is still substandard.

IEMs are definitely a better option for portability.

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #1,034 of 4,010

Quote:
IEMs are definitely a better option for portability.

Sorry...have to jump in here. Not all of us would agree with that statement. 

With the exception of the Bose in-ear headphones, the comfort of every IEM I have tried gets intolerable after more than an hour or so (the Bose are intolerable for a different reason).

For me, the DT1350s are the best portable option.

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #1,035 of 4,010
Agree 100% with this.

Can't stand IEMs (never tried customs) - the Bose are really comfortable but sound terrible and don't isolate.

I find the 1350s to be the best portable option for me as well - they isolate really well, I love their sound signature for what I use them for, and they're more comfortable than IEMs.

Quote:
Sorry...have to jump in here. Not all of us would agree with that statement. 

With the exception of the Bose in-ear headphones, the comfort of every IEM I have tried gets intolerable after more than an hour or so (the Bose are intolerable for a different reason).

For me, the DT1350s are the best portable option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back