New Beyer DT1350
Sep 22, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #1,036 of 4,010
I can't wear IEMs period--they can literally cause bruising and bleeding where they are placed after a week of even moderate usage, and the rest of the time they are causing intolerable pain within a half hour. I have strangely shaped and very delicate ear canals. The DT 1350, for me, is like manna from heaven... for my ears. DT 1350 = best portable option for people like me.

Quote:
Sorry...have to jump in here. Not all of us would agree with that statement. 

With the exception of the Bose in-ear headphones, the comfort of every IEM I have tried gets intolerable after more than an hour or so (the Bose are intolerable for a different reason).

For me, the DT1350s are the best portable option.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #1,037 of 4,010

Quote:
I finally received my pair of dt1350 , currently listening to it so my brain can adjust to it
coming from various IEMs, i really love the soundstage, but one problem I h ave is that it seems I just can't get the perfect fit, whenever I press the cups against  my ears the bass seems to be a lot better, is there a way to fix that?

You're going to want to keep fiddling until the sound pressed against your ears more or less is the same without pressing against your ears :wink:  Then spend a few weeks getting accustomed to where it will sit!  You'll be in the zone in no time.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #1,038 of 4,010

Quote:
You're going to want to keep fiddling until the sound pressed against your ears more or less is the same without pressing against your ears :wink:  Then spend a few weeks getting accustomed to where it will sit!  You'll be in the zone in no time.

This is what I’m going through now.

I received the DT1350 yesterday and my initial reaction was very negative due to the unnatural timbre you get with that initial placement.

I tried getting a good seal for quite a while but it didn’t click till today. they really need to be tight on the ears. and small bumps and ridges in the outer ear can make a huge difference if they’re not fully closed up.

now that I think I have proper placement, the sound has fallen into place. very neutral with good bass extension (though not much slam) and it’s wonderfully fast and detailed.

but, man, getting that fit is toooouuuugh. 

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #1,039 of 4,010
Sorry...have to jump in here. Not all of us would agree with that statement. 

With the exception of the Bose in-ear headphones, the comfort of every IEM I have tried gets intolerable after more than an hour or so (the Bose are intolerable for a different reason).

For me, the DT1350s are the best portable option.

I like my DT1350 but you should try the Ortofon eQ5. They are very easy to fit and comfortable with their straight design and the sound quality is just amazing IMO of course. If you ear canal are very small the UE700 are even smaller but SQ is good but not on par with eQ5. Just my 2cent.:wink:. Sometime the DT1350 are still to big so IEM the way to go for me.

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #1,041 of 4,010
I've been using the DT1350 for the past three weeks.  Initial comfort level was rather concerning as I was only able to have them on for about an hour before my ears started hurting.  Having now been adjusting the curvature of the headband, they're now a lot more comfortable and can wear them for longer hours without compromising on the isolation and bass.  Some personalisation of the clamping force (and trial and error) is required when it comes to the DT1350, it seems.  With this all sorted out, I'm totally in love with them.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #1,044 of 4,010
ES7's are definitely on the fun/colored side of things and I'd imagine the DT1350 to be more neutral and technical (since they are studio monitor headphones). Maybe more people with both headphones can shed some light on the differences. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #1,046 of 4,010
For those interested, I recently posted a shootout of the DT1350 vs a few other portables... http://www.head-fi.org/t/574617/review-comparison-beyerdynamic-dt1350-t50p-sennheiser-hd25-1-ii-hd25-13-ii-pioneer-hdj-2000-v-moda-m80-aiaiai-tma-1-in-progress

I haven't actually read anything from this thread yet, so I'm curious to see if my thoughts mesh with other peoples'.

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #1,047 of 4,010
Got a pair today.
Right out of the box, quite impressed.
Better than any portable can I have owned (ESW9, TMA-1) in my opinion.
Exactly what I was looking for in a closed portable can.

Been using it straight out of the Cowon J3...
I need to turn it up pretty loud, 28-30/40.
Also, running it out the Schitt Lyr and W4S DAC-2; super dynamic sound!
People saying it will benefit from an amp... I believe that holds true.

No seal issues.
No fit issues.
Split headband is cool!
All portable cans that sit on my ears will make them hurt, I am pretty sure this will apply to the DT1350.
We will see when I spend a day with them on public transit and at university.
The pads certainly aren't ESW9/TMA-1 thick, but they seem comfortable.
Some parts do look fragile though, cable and headband padding.

It is definitely more treble happy, no darkness at all.
The bass and midbass do not take over like other portables I have owned.]\
Extends quite deep and is pretty punchy despite what some reviews have said.
Somewhat reminiscent of my LCD2 R2 and Westone ES5.

The reviews scared me a little, but honestly I just had to try it.
Glad I did.

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #1,048 of 4,010
Man I really want these cans anyone know the cheapest authorized online dealer is?

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #1,050 of 4,010

Users who are viewing this thread

Back