New Beyer DT1350
Sep 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #1,006 of 4,010

Quote:
Did it sounded $658 good???? 

That IS a lot of money - but I have to admit I was tempted, it was that good. I just wish I had more time to prove my first impression to withstand some more comparison than 20 minutes in the Jaben Showroom. 

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #1,007 of 4,010

Quote:

Ive never tried the continental, and that little one is funny 
biggrin.gif
 wonder if it really power things up

Nano.jpg

and how much would it heat

Oh by the way that's a DIY amp from some Chinese forum. Supposedly the person who thought it up is well regarded amongst the Asian DIY audio crowd.  Now if I could only find a proper site with step by step instructions on how to build it I'd approach a friend of mine and ask if he could maybe build it.

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #1,008 of 4,010

Quote:
That IS a lot of money - but I have to admit I was tempted, it was that good. I just wish I had more time to prove my first impression to withstand some more comparison than 20 minutes in the Jaben Showroom. 

Mind if I ask how exactly it performed with the DT 1350? Was the sound radically changed or are we just talking more oomph behind the bass and sub bass?

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #1,009 of 4,010
Sep 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #1,010 of 4,010
Sep 9, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #1,011 of 4,010

Quote:
Mind if I ask how exactly it performed with the DT 1350? Was the sound radically changed or are we just talking more oomph behind the bass and sub bass?

Of course - but I have to say I do not remember in details and I would love to spend more time with the GoVibe PortaTube and compare it to my other portables. All I can say is that when I heard it I was impressed and normally my ears do not lie at first listen even though some impressions change after some longer listening sessions. Back then it was only a 20 minutes listening session with this amp and DT-1350 and it was back in July. So I do not recall the details enough to be sharing them here trustworthily. I normally use DT-1350 with P-51 Mustang and I like that combination because it ads some space and timber to the DT-1350. The PortaTube blew a lot of air into the soundstage so to say and the DT-1350 felt bigger and had a nice detailed decay on a steel guitar I heard in some blues music. But I did not du enough A/B testing because Jaben has too much gear I wanted to listen to that day. Sorry.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #1,012 of 4,010
These headphone are outstanding.

I own a pair of LCD2's, and I needed a closed headphone. Well I can say I know I picked the right one. I use my LCD2 when I don't mind audio leak, and I use my 1350's when I need to listen without making any noise.

I think every LCD2 owner should have a pair of 1350's!!! (you will then have all situations covered).

These are the first Beyers I've owned.

Good job Beyerdynamic!!,

My home and portable amps are both tube based and these babies LOVE IT!!!!

:cool:

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #1,013 of 4,010
What amp(s) are you using?

Quote:

I own a pair of LCD2's, and I needed a closed headphone. Well I can say I know I picked the right one. I use my LCD2 when I don't mind audio leak, and I use my 1350's when I need to listen without make any noise.

I think every LCD2 owner should have a pair of 1350's!!! (you will then have all situations covered).

Good job Beyerdynamic!!,

cool.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #1,018 of 4,010

Quote:
Guys, I won a Vmoda M80s, priced at $230 and will have to write a review in exchange. so will be comparing along with the DT1350 and HD25, why not. we'll see how it goes.

Show off
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #1,019 of 4,010

Quote:

I own a pair of LCD2's, and I needed a closed headphone. Well I can say I know I picked the right one. I use my LCD2 when I don't mind audio leak, and I use my 1350's when I need to listen without making any noise.

Good job Beyerdynamic!!,

cool.gif

Well sperandeo as you know I have the LCD2 and *had* a DT1350. I have since given it to someone who will appreciate it better. The DT1350s just aren't for me.  IMO if you want a Beyer closed portable to complement the LCD2 and have "all bases covered" the T50p is the better choice. It goes further to the other side of the spectrum of sound from the LCD2 than the DT1350 does. 

That said I know my opinion on the DT1350 and T50p is not a very popular one. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back