New Beyer DT1350
May 4, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #226 of 4,010
The tesla style of driver with ring magnet and metal frame costs more to manufacture than a basic plastic driver with circular magnet. The metal headbad assembly of the beyer no doubt costs more than the all plastic Sennheiser frame, there is also the fact that this is a new headphone so has R&D to pay off.

There are reasons it is more expensive, but whether its worth it or not will depend on tastes. If you already love the HD-25 I II then probably not. Personally I find the bass over done on the HD25 for my tastes and am still looking for a quality portable set of headphones, so am keeping an eye on the impressions for these.

May 4, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #227 of 4,010

Quote:
is the 300$ price point worth over the already time proven HD25-1 ii? I mean Headfi TV does not equal all the opinions of headfiers so what do the actual owners have to say? 

I'd say "easily". The HD25-1 used to be my number one portable phone for years before being replaced by the ANC7. The DT1350 is the better phone in almost any regard, from the true "high fidelity" point of view. Much more refined with a very, very high resolution and a balanced overall sound. It also isolates a whole lot better - at least for me.
If you are used to or are looking for the much more spectacular sound signature of the HD25s, that's also fine with me. Though I think the DT1350 should at least be tried- or you are missing out! :p

Earlier in the thread I said that the DT1350 is one of the best closed headphones there are, not even considering it's an on-ear design. I still stand with statement whereas I always thought the HD25 was slightly overpriced for it's capabilities. But since there has not been a real contender the price was still OK overall.

m00h

May 4, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #228 of 4,010

I think I will definitely have to give it a try at some point... m00hk00h, what other closed headphones have you tried ?

Quote:

Earlier in the thread I said that the DT1350 is one of the best closed headphones there are, not even considering it's an on-ear design. I still stand with statement whereas I always thought the HD25 was slightly overpriced for it's capabilities but since there has not been a real contender the price was still OK overall.

m00h

May 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #230 of 4,010

Arg... impressive, but I miss the Ed 8, DT48 and T5p  
redface.gif

Quote:

May 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #233 of 4,010

Quote:
For me it boils down to preferred signature and type of music.  The HD25's to me are great with rock, quite punchy and fun, with sparkly treble and fairly impressive, punchy bass for on ear cans.  The DT1350's offer more detail, nice treble extension but a bit less sparkle, and nice tight accurate bass, but without the punch of the HD25's, and rich, full mids.  My listening leans more to acoustic, vocals, jazz and classical, then prog rock and 70/s through 90's rock.  The DT 1350's are more my style (save for the rock, but decent with that), and I sold my HD25's to someone who loves that sound, and was underwhelmed with my 1350's.

Isolation is a draw to me, or a lean to the HD25, contrary to other opinions I've heard.  Comfort leans to the HD25, if one can call either comfortable.  Cool factor to the DT's, incognito to the HD's.  Bullet proof and rebuildable to the HD25's, durability is likely a draw, the DT1350's really feel solid, well built and high quality.  The cable is not as bad as everyone seems to think.  Portability and packability to the DT1350's and their cool little case.

So, worth an extra $100? to me, sure.  Headphones are my luxury, and $100 in that price range isn't too extravagant.  If I was more of a rocker (as I used to be!) I'd go for the HD25's and be happier regardless of price.

Last, HD25's are more fatiguing to me.

Thanks for the comparisson aamefford, that way you put it, Id like some stuff about the beyer but not others..

Quote:

wow! nice finding.
google translate is kind of useless sometimes...

May 4, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #234 of 4,010
I ordered these headphones today at Amazon Germany. I actually didn't know there was a thread on the DT 1350. I've looked for it a couple of times in the 'Portable Headphone' forum. It would have surprised me though if there wouldn't have been a thread on this new streetcan. I'll give my first impressions next week.

May 4, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #237 of 4,010
Various, I think.  Front End Audio is one if I am not mistaken.

May 5, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #239 of 4,010

Quote:
Maybe he just did not care to mention these...

That is actually correct. If it's on the German market, I have probably heard it. Though Ionly review phones that I had at home for at least a week AND that I think are worth the time writing about in such an extend. If not reviewed, I just give a short impression in the appropriate thread, just like I did here.
The last polishing on the DT1350 review is in the pipeline right now btw.

Quote:
I just posted my DT770 on the sale forums to buy these.

It'll be a great change. Very different phones, I hope you thought this through. Anyways, give yourself some time to get used to the new conditions before making a final decision (keep/sell).

m00h

May 5, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #240 of 4,010
Quote:
That is actually correct. If it's on the German market, I have probably heard it. Though Ionly review phones that I had at home for at least a week AND that I think are worth the time writing about in such an extend. If not reviewed, I just give a short impression in the appropriate thread, just like I did here.
The last polishing on the DT1350 review is in the pipeline right now btw.

Does that include the Edition 8?  I'm looking for a really good closed headphone and not sure what to buy.  Also, do the 1350s have that same sort of metallic tone to them that the other Beyer's I've heard (770/880/990, T50p, and T1) have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back