New Beyer DT1350
Jul 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #766 of 4,010
for me, splitting the headband make it better for comfort. yet I feel the best sound, specially to get some bass Id have to press the cups onto the ears, but that would be too much pressure, still I cant wear them for more than 1 hour without getting a headache

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #767 of 4,010
I listen to them often about 6-7 hours straight and cant complain. At the beginning I was also shocked how much they make pressure for head and how much they are uncomfortable (used fullsize dt880pro before:)) I think pads are getting softer and also you can get used to it or not, depending how much sensitive you are.

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #768 of 4,010
I "stretched" my headband a bit so there is much less clamping force and I've found that the clamping force increases as the bands are split apart.  I can wear mine for 3-4 hours no problem.

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #771 of 4,010
^ that is what I thought but, Im afraid the aluminium in the headband would deform, specially if it end being too spread and i have to put it back tight.

BTW why is this thread in the "Full Headphones" forums? would be nice to move it to the "Portables" after all is where people go to look for ... portables-

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #772 of 4,010

Someone already mentioned this and the answer was that they sounded like full size
wink_face.gif

Quote:
^ that is what I thought but, Im afraid the aluminium in the headband would deform, specially if it end being too spread and i have to put it back tight.

BTW why is this thread in the "Full Headphones" forums? would be nice to move it to the "Portables" after all is where people go to look for ... portables-

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #773 of 4,010

Quote:
Someone already mentioned this and the answer was that they sounded like full size
wink_face.gif

sounds more like IEMs to me, specially with a loose fit 
tongue_smile.gif

but really, said person was probably refering to a beyer DT headphone

ps: Have you guys notice how these fit around your head? in a front view in the mirror all I can see are the earcups.

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #774 of 4,010

They look like smaller HD-25-1 to me. I see the full headband and cup but hey I'm bald!!!!!
tongue.gif

Are you saying that they are too loose? I thought I had a small head and they fit snug. When I wear Grado they have to be at the shortest on both side.

Why are you referring to IEM?????

Quote:

sounds more like IEMs to me, specially with a loose fit 
tongue_smile.gif

but really, said person was probably refering to a beyer DT headphone

ps: Have you guys notice how these fit around your head? in a front view in the mirror all I can see are the earcups.

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #775 of 4,010

Quote:
They look like smaller HD-25-1 to me. I see the full headband and cup but hey I'm bald!!!!!
tongue.gif

Are you saying that they are too loose? I thought I had a small head and they fit snug. When I wear Grado they have to be at the shortest on both side.

Why are you referring to IEM?????

lol! in my case my hair covers the whole headband, its a snug fit indeed, only the cups pops out. not loose at all.

I meant I dont think they sound like a full circumaural headphone, even soundstage not much better than the HD25 for example.

IEM= in ear monitors 
tongue_smile.gif
, i mean when I position the cups "in the wrong way" is like listening to IEMs with a loose fit.

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #776 of 4,010

Quote:

Yeah, my hair completely envelops everything except for the cups as well. Not that they're big cups--but they look pretty awkward when you can't see the rest of the headphone.

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #777 of 4,010

Quote:
Yeah, my hair completely envelops everything except for the cups as well. Not that they're big cups--but they look pretty awkward when you can't see the rest of the headphone.

I think it looks pretty cool when you only see the cups. It's a good looking headphone, especially when worn.

Jul 29, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #779 of 4,010

Quote:

lol! in my case my hair covers the whole headband, its a snug fit indeed, only the cups pops out. not loose at all.

I meant I dont think they sound like a full circumaural headphone, even soundstage not much better than the HD25 for example.

IEM= in ear monitors 
tongue_smile.gif
, i mean when I position the cups "in the wrong way" is like listening to IEMs with a loose fit.

I would agree with this, the DT1350 doesn't sound like a full around ear headphone at all, it's very closed in nature and the soundstage is puny. Even my modded SR80i has better soundstage. 

If anyone thinks the DT1350 sounds like a full circum, they need to listen to more full-sized headphones.

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #780 of 4,010

x2

In fact, soundstage and imaging is much worst than I thought from preleminary reviews... A real deal killer for me, and I will be returning mine. Those definitely can't compare with full size headphone (and don't have to, they are intended for a different market).

Quote:
I would agree with this, the DT1350 doesn't sound like a full around ear headphone at all, it's very closed in nature and the soundstage is puny. Even my modded SR80i has better soundstage. 

If anyone thinks the DT1350 sounds like a full circum, they need to listen to more full-sized headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back