New Beyer DT1350
Jul 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #751 of 4,010

Quote:
I am a Senn guy but the DT1350s have a hi-end look and the beauty is in the simplicity without fancy shiny plastic and bold color. How's the SQ ? 

may I add that it depends a lot on the positioning of the cups and it appears to be quite power hungry, otherwise I'd be sort of thin, as opossed to a fuller sound. very very detailed, Id dare to say that as much as my AKG K601.

I am not a basshead, not even close but id appreciate a tip more weight in the lows. Other than that i can only complain about the comfort.

I think Beyer nailed it when naming these "Closed supraaural headphone for control and monitoring applications, musicians and DJ's" (not sure about the DJ part tho)

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #752 of 4,010
What have you just said
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Refreshing my reading on the Tesla system, one of Beyer's arguments is that the ring magnet, surrounding the voice coil, permits a much stronger magnetic force. Let me quote their publicity material:

"Traditional dynamic systems use a neodymium magnet at the centre of the system, the size of which was inevitably limited inside the headphone cup. The Tesla principle sees the magnet mounted as a ring around the coil, allowing more energy to be directed to the membrane, which is where it is actually required."

[...]

Oh, by the way, Beyer used the ring magnet construction already in the famous DT48, originating in 1937.

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #753 of 4,010
When you say the comfort can be improved how do you find them compare to the HD-25-1? I personally find the DT1350 much better now.

Quote:
may I add that it depends a lot on the positioning of the cups and it appears to be quite power hungry, otherwise I'd be sort of thin, as opossed to a fuller sound. very very detailed, Id dare to say that as much as my AKG K601.

I am not a basshead, not even close but id appreciate a tip more weight in the lows. Other than that i can only complain about the comfort.

I think Beyer nailed it when naming these "Closed supraaural headphone for control and monitoring applications, musicians and DJ's" (not sure about the DJ part tho)

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #754 of 4,010

Quote:
When you say the comfort can be improved how do you find them compare to the HD-25-1? I personally find the DT1350 much better now.

Comfort wise only?

Still the HD25 are more comfortable to me, my pair is old and the clamp is not hard, plus the velour pads are very soft and the earpadas are bigger.

The DT1350 still press hard on my ears, I can make it moer loose but then Im losing some of that seal. that said, the DT1350 isolates more than the HD25 with velours.

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #755 of 4,010
regarding bass... I just borrow  audio technica m50 from friend, considered to be good in bass impact etc. I jus tlisten some electronic music, actually photek - avalanche. well, comparing both cans I really cant say bass is much weaker. Thats strange for me because I was the one who complain about bass quantity at the beginning... I have to listen more to give more accurate thoughts

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #756 of 4,010
I disliked the M50 bass, too loose and lack of punch. and I'd agreed that the DT1350 bass is weaker and less in quantity, however there is no comparison in terms of clarity, accuracy and precision in bass. the Beyers are miles ahead the M50 here.

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #758 of 4,010
Yo guys become official members of the club

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/564273/the-beyerdynamic-tesla-dt-1350-fan-club

I couldn't help but start the thread considering the Senn and Woo Audio guys have their own.

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #759 of 4,010

Quote:
I'm dissatisfied... by unboxing, i thought you meant from the start...you know the ups/usps/fedex box, the box cutter..then the package itself, this is the worst strip err i mean unboxing i have EVER seen

I got my 1350's from a brick and mortar store not a UPS delivery driver
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #760 of 4,010

Quote:
Yo guys become official members of the club

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/564273/the-beyerdynamic-tesla-dt-1350-fan-club

I couldn't help but start the thread considering the Senn and Woo Audio guys have their own.

I thought this was the "Appreciation thread" for these.

and Im not a fan yet 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #761 of 4,010

Quote:
I thought this was the "Appreciation thread" for these.

and Im not a fan yet 
tongue_smile.gif

It sorta is but meh why not make a thread geared for runaway fanaticism

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #762 of 4,010
Hi, new DT 1350 owner here, they arrived few hours ago.

Now they are burning in.

First impression: i was waiting for sligtly more bass impact, but they have a tipical Beyer sound, very precise and analitycal, which i like.

The only thing i have some doubts about is comfort.

These have some pretty strong clamping force and i'm actually not used to this. But when i first used IEM they was not so easy to get used to, I might as well get used to the 1350.

Other 2 things i noticed are:

- 1: these are really power hungry! With my Cowon D2, they run about to 37-40 (of 50) and more to get some decent sound pressure; much better when amped with my Meier Headsix or by my home tube amps;

- 2: the isolation is incredible, i can say they isolate almost like an IEM.

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #763 of 4,010

Welcome to the DT1350 group.  As for the bass impact as you already discovered it greatly improved with a good amping (specially with Tube for me but not portable). They other possibility for bass improvement is position. Move them until you find the sweet spot (Hum trick work fine) open the headband to change the clamping force. The bass definition will also improved with some burnin/play time.

Happy listening! 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Hi, new DT 1350 owner here, they arrived few hours ago.

Now they are burning in.

First impression: i was waiting for sligtly more bass impact, but they have a tipical Beyer sound, very precise and analitycal, which i like.

The only thing i have some doubts about is comfort.

These have some pretty strong clamping force and i'm actually not used to this. But when i first used IEM they was not so easy to get used to, I might as well get used to the 1350.

Other 2 things i noticed are:

- 1: these are really power hungry! With my Cowon D2, they run about to 37-40 (of 50) and more to get some decent sound pressure; much better when amped with my Meier Headsix or with my home tube amps;

- 2: the isolation is incredible, i can say they isolate almost like an IEM.

Jul 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #764 of 4,010

Quote:
Welcome to the DT1350 group.  As for the bass impact as you already discovered it greatly improved with a good amping (specially with Tube for me but not portable). They other possibility for bass improvement is position. Move them until you find the sweet spot (Hum trick work fine) open the headband to change the clamping force. The bass definition will also improved with some burnin/play time.

Happy listening! 
wink_face.gif

Thank you.

I think there might be also some pads burn in, i'm noticing the pads are becoming slightly softer with the use, this seems very good.
But let's say that comfort is not DT 1350 best quality.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #765 of 4,010
They do get more confortable with time. It could be the pads or just me getting used to them. I did strech the headband a bit but be cautious it might affect the Bass.

Quote:
Thamk you.

I think there ight be also some pads burn in, in'm noticing the pads are becoming slightly softer with the uso, this seems very good.
But let's say that comfort is not DT 1350 best quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back