New Beyer DT1350
Oct 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #2,821 of 4,010
In my honest (audiophile biased) opinion there is no other option in the 300 range but the Seins. Tyll's review is ridiculous in my opinion and not based in any reality but his even though it is favorable. These are the best there is in this category imo.

For all his honesty I don't think he even did back to back and neither did he confirm his pair was good, or rather his seal was, in the scope of things. His review is as good as any other with absolutely no REAL details imo on how these sound. You have to really get into headphones. With all do respect his reviews come across as propaganda to me. Without at least 40 hours into any pair you are treading some weird ground imo. How does my mini-Ferrari feel after 60 miles?

I don't ****ing know yet. :)

These are ****ing amazing after 500 hours.

Well Mr. Audiophile, through all of your typos, disjointed sentences, and unusual analogies, correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds as though you have come to the DT1350 thread to tell us all that "our reality" indicating that the DT1350 is a very fine sounding set of headphones, is essentially wrong?

Perhaps you meant to post in the HD25 fanboy thread or something?

Again, maybe I wrong because i was wondering if there is a message in there somewhere more useful than letting us know that Tyll doesn't do good reviews and that the DT1350's suck too. Thanks for clarifying.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #2,822 of 4,010
Quote:
In my honest (audiophile biased) opinion there is no other option in the 300 range but the Seins. Tyll's review is ridiculous in my opinion and not based in any reality but his even though it is favorable. These are the best there is in this category imo.

For all his honesty I don't think he even did back to back and neither did he confirm his pair was good, or rather his seal was, in the scope of things. His review is as good as any other with absolutely no REAL details imo on how these sound. You have to really get into headphones. With all do respect his reviews come across as propaganda to me. Without at least 40 hours into any pair you are treading some weird ground imo. How does my mini-Ferrari feel after 60 miles?

I don't ****ing know yet. :)

These are ****ing amazing after 500 hours.

Have you seen his measurements. That's as real as it gets unlike your fanboy rant. What in the world makes you think he doesn't have a couple days on his phones before he comes to terms with his take.

He gives the sens a great review but because he doesn't claim them best, you get your panties all bunched up and attack a known quantity with decades of experience. Could he be wrong as it regards your personal needs and wants? Sure but his process is as sound as I've come across including an acceptance of subjectives. Good reviewers don't slam products unless it's an intentional rip because they understand how difficult the transducer art form is. They just let you in on what's up. That's not propaganda. It's called being civil. He does the sort of reviews that can make a good manufacturer rethink a design. That's good for everybody. Animosity kills the cat.

As per the sennheiser review. I loved his housing pliability supposition with measured cause and effect. Unlike IEMs where the small surface area should be rather unimportant because it will be inherently rigid and and have resonances at extremely small wavelengths whether plastic metal or wood, it could make a difference in that ortho construction.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #2,823 of 4,010
I Have tested both of these very extensively on a few different set ups. You will be disappointed with neither. the differences:

The hd-25 is more sparkly, which CAN border on sibilance if you're sensitive to it. The 1350 is also quite bright though.

The bass extends further on the 1350. Using it with tracks I'd use for DJing, the hd-25 give more thump, but using a sine wave generator, I find that at 20hz the 1350 beats the hd-25.

The Hd-25 are more comfortable cos of the bigger pads, and the included felt pads are nice. 

isolation is pretty much the same with both

THe Hd-25s are lighter, and the design is less likely to catch on your hair (small but sometimes important difference)

Both are fine examples of portable headphones though, and both have excellent, accurate sound worthy of all the praise thats given to them

Looking at graphs of the 1350, the square sine waves do have better performance. This is usually taken to mean a more accurate image. In listening to the 1350 I DO find them to be more revealing than the 25s, but I could just be biased.

and for what it's worth I agree a lot with what Tyll wrote about the 1350s.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #2,824 of 4,010
I Have tested both of these very extensively on a few different set ups. You will be disappointed with neither. the differences:

The hd-25 is more sparkly, which CAN border on sibilance if you're sensitive to it. The 1350 is also quite bright though.

The bass extends further on the 1350. Using it with tracks I'd use for DJing, the hd-25 give more thump, but using a sine wave generator, I find that at 20hz the 1350 beats the hd-25.

The Hd-25 are more comfortable cos of the bigger pads, and the included felt pads are nice. 

isolation is pretty much the same with both

THe Hd-25s are lighter, and the design is less likely to catch on your hair (small but sometimes important difference)

Both are fine examples of portable headphones though, and both have excellent, accurate sound worthy of all the praise thats given to them

Looking at graphs of the 1350, the square sine waves do have better performance. This is usually taken to mean a more accurate image. In listening to the 1350 I DO find them to be more revealing than the 25s, but I could just be biased.

and for what it's worth I agree a lot with what Tyll wrote about the 1350s.

Which one in your opinion is better and more enjoyable for rock/metal?

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #2,825 of 4,010
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought Orbiting was actually praising the 1350s.  He says the HD25/Amperior's are the only reasonable alternative, but that he didn't give Tyll's review of the Senn's much credence due to his comment that the Amperiors "handily best" the 1350s. 

For the record, I think the bashing on Tyll was completely out of line, but I do agree that that particular statement in his review seems far-fetched. 

All that said, perhaps I'm the one that misunderstood.  It wouldn't be the first time! 
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #2,826 of 4,010
All I am getting is that he is calling tyl is a bad reviewer for .... not agreeing to his taste? I don't know that is what it look like , he did say that senn is the only option and there is no other option beside it in that price range , but what do I know I am extremely new here

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #2,827 of 4,010
Quote:
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought Orbiting was actually praising the 1350s.  He says the HD25/Amperior's are the only reasonable alternative, but that he didn't give Tyll's review of the Senn's much credence due to his comment that the Amperiors "handily best" the 1350s. 

For the record, I think the bashing on Tyll was completely out of line, but I do agree that that particular statement in his review seems far-fetched. 

All that said, perhaps I'm the one that misunderstood.  It wouldn't be the first time! 
tongue.gif

last I knew, the Cow loved his 1350s....he's the one who helped convince me to try them with better quality amplification, which I eventually found to be very interesting. There was more these headphones could do that I wasn't aware of, even though I will still use them out of my iPhone most of the time for convenience sake. But I'm pretty sure we read it the same way....he's saying the Senns are the other "good option" at the 300 dollar price point.

I like to pick on Tyll too, but I find him to be a good dude overall. Hell, I never would have given the 1350s the time of day if not for his review.

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #2,828 of 4,010
So I've been auditioning the UE6000 headphone for about a week, while I like it, something about it was just off. I've been wanting to try the dt1350 for a long time but I've always shied away from it from reading that it needs an amp. So today I noticed a local best buy had a set for sale. I picked it up and needless to say I LOVE it. I just can't believe how well it isolates and that deep low bass. By far my favorite portable even straight out of an iphone 5 it sounds fantastic. I've also tried the amperior and it was just way to bassy and felt congested with almost piercing highs. The little beyers does highs just right.

Needless to say the UE6000 is going back in the box to best buy.

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #2,829 of 4,010
mmm the more I read the more ME GUSTA, I need a portable pair of cans my self... as I do some very light landscaping now... and headphones would be GREAT when I'm weeding >.> with mah HANDS 

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #2,830 of 4,010
Quote:
mmm the more I read the more ME GUSTA, I need a portable pair of cans my self... as I do some very light landscaping now... and headphones would be GREAT when I'm weeding >.> with mah HANDS 

You're one of those hand weeders?

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #2,831 of 4,010
Nov 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #2,832 of 4,010
Quote:
Which one in your opinion is better and more enjoyable for rock/metal?

The stuff below is just my own opinion, YMMV :)

If I had to make a choice I would go with the DT1350. For metal, especially really fast stuff like Dragonforce I find it keeps up with the music well. If you listen to the tremolo at the beginning of Hotel California from The eagle's Hell Freezes Over album, you get the feeling like the notes are cascading nicely, and not tripping over each other. 

For me however the biggest + for the 1350 was hearing the Bass guitar vibration, not the note itself, but the string buzzing, on some Diana Krall. Also, it has a nice ring in the High-mids that works well for my Opera.  

Looking at one of your previous posts though, you really dont like the M50. While the two are quite distinct, I personally put them in the same family of flat-ish sound. They all take a stab at flat and come down around that sort of general area. Same as the HD-25.

Cheap headphones tend to be Tinny, all mids, same as cheap speakers. Either you need to look for more bass, or more treble than the M50s have. 

In a portable headphone, The ES series from audio technica is worth considering for more bass than the 1350 or HD25. Specifically the ESW9. It doesnt my any means lose out on clarity though. 
The Denon 1100 is also worth considering. so is the AKG 450. 
If you're willing to go full sized, perhaps the Denon D2000

Brighter on the other hand would be something like the T70p, which is kinda big though. 

All that said, I personally think the 1350 is has the sound that headphones should have, and indeed choosing my IEM to have a sound like the 1350 was one heck of a tough journey. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #2,833 of 4,010
Quote:

All that said, I personally think the 1350 is has the sound that headphones should have, and indeed choosing my IEM to have a sound like the 1350 was one heck of a tough journey. 

Wow, yea I can imagine so. Still I'm not a fan of iems... jamming some vibrating do dad into my ears just sound's uncomfortable... and I've tried iems b4... NO ME GUSTA

Still Dt 1350 and Dt 990 pro are on my list atm :[ 

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2,834 of 4,010
Quote:

Maybe you mentioned it there, but what IEM did you end up getting/liking?

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2,835 of 4,010
Quote:

Maybe you mentioned it there, but what IEM did you end up getting/liking?

I would not be surprised if he said the GR07.

GR07 = DT1350 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back