New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Jun 17, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #2,551 of 2,819
Just got the satin red hardware inform Headamp, not sure, kinda liking the two tone. Might keep the black knob and fasteners on there.

5445AC97-10CA-49DD-B3C2-B2332F658DD7.jpeg
Headamp is not answering my message about wanting to buy a different faceplate/knob set (through their web form). Does anyone have an email of someone there to ask?

Or does anyone want to trade for my gloss black, with something satin and more interesting?

Jul 14, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #2,555 of 2,819
Guys, any dac recommendation that has good synergy with GSX-mini?
Sure. MSB Select or Linn Klimax Organik works well.

Jul 14, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #2,557 of 2,819
I tried ares II and Pontus II. They both sounded good with
Mini. I think ares is probably one of the best for the money, while Pontus is a level above if you can afford it.

Jul 14, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #2,559 of 2,819
Bifrost 2 works great with it if you're not looking to dole out a mortgage payment on a DAC.

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #2,563 of 2,819
Thanks guys for the suggestion. Was interested in Holo May, but there are no local reseller in my country (SG). Probably will go audition the rest. Thanks!
Plenty of folks in Singapore that have the Holo May. You might want to check some local fora and reach out if someone's willing to invite you over in exchange for a beer (or whatevere floats your boat)

Jul 23, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #2,564 of 2,819
Tried hifiman susvara today at a local hifi shop. Was blown away and really wanted to get this headphone in near future.

Would like to know if any folks here using Susvara with gsx mini? Enough juice for it to sound decent or need to get another amp?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #2,565 of 2,819
Okay, you guys sold me on the GS-X mini. I just finished reading the thread, but had already placed an order about halfway through. Given all the mentions of delays and the agony of waiting I was surprised to get a ship notice within 12 hours of placing my order. I hope I’m not being deprived of the full experience.

Insomnia is dangerous. I stay up too late listening to music and reading about gear and before you know it I’m committed to eating mostly instant noodles to rectify the budget I’ve just blown. New headphones coming as well. I think my speaker system is going to get jealous soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back