New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
May 19, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #2,011 of 2,814
Sure

187971CB-FCC8-42DC-9DC0-264CB38115E9.jpeg
If you go back a bit in this thread I posted a shot of this combo with a Gustard X-16 stacked on top of the Aircom S6. Great system for the GSX Mini. It switches itself on automatically when the Gsx gets warm. Switches itself off when things cool back down.
Chibs
Love it. Thanks. Will have to order one.

May 19, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #2,012 of 2,814
My GSX Mini shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow. Very excited to give it a listen!

May 19, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #2,014 of 2,814
Sure

187971CB-FCC8-42DC-9DC0-264CB38115E9.jpeg
If you go back a bit in this thread I posted a shot of this combo with a Gustard X-16 stacked on top of the Aircom S6. Great system for the GSX Mini. It switches itself on automatically when the Gsx gets warm. Switches itself off when things cool back down.
Chibs
It looks actually really good, do you know if it is also available in Standard hifi size of 43cm width?

May 19, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #2,015 of 2,814
That looks very interesting. Would you share a photo of how it looks sitting on top of your GS-X?
I got the top exhaust model.
Amps.JPG

May 19, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #2,016 of 2,814
It looks actually really good, do you know if it is also available in Standard hifi size of 43cm width?
It only comes in two sizes. The other size is quite a bit bigger (It fits on top of an Yggdrasil pretty well.)

May 19, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #2,017 of 2,814
It only comes in two sizes. The other size is quite a bit bigger (It fits on top of an Yggdrasil pretty well.)
Yggdrasil is 43 afaik, that should match well

Edit: I contacted the manufacturer trying to get these in germany. The bigger Version would fit perfectly into my Setup.
Until now I only use some footers to get some more space between the devices.

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #2,018 of 2,814
Just soldered and plugged into 230v. So far everything is working fine on my much cheaper headphones. I am shaking quite a bit. I dont want any explosions, smokes, electrocution of any sort. Gonna let it play for 10 mins before plugging in my Empy's. :cold_sweat:

May 19, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #2,019 of 2,814
Just soldered and plugged into 230v. So far everything is working fine on my much cheaper headphones. I am shaking quite a bit. I dont want any explosions, smokes, electrocution of any sort. Gonna let it play for 10 mins before plugging in my Empy's. :cold_sweat:
God speed

May 20, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #2,021 of 2,814
Still alive! Panicked when I smelled something burnt. Just my housemate using her airfryer! phew!

My last part of my experiment! I've tested various equipment including power adapters for my RME DAC, power cables, USB cables, interconnects, signal purifier, copper vs silver, etc and now finally a 115v to 230v balanced isolated power conditioner for the Mini. Keces BP600 is about the same size as the Mini but 50% taller. The thing is heavy! My reasoning for trying this out is because of how much improvement I got when I upgraded my RME's power adapter (much to my shock).

My first impression is that... not being able to A/B test back and forth between 115v vs 230v Keces, I am not 100% certain about the improvements and since I can't verify it could very well fall into placebo effect. However, I am at least certain that the sound definitely did not get worse. In most cases and interestingly I'm somehow able to tolerate one extra notch of the volume knob without the sound being too harsh on my ears. The higher volume allows me to hear the tiny details a bit better, but in general I would still avoid listening at this volume for extended periods of time to protect my hearing. But perhaps being able to use higher volume IS the upgrade. Bottom line though is I can live without the Keces.

My house already has clean electricity overall, so maybe those who don't may notice more improvement with this kind of device? I definitely noticed more significant improvements upgrading other parts of the chain like the power adapter on my RME and even the USB cable. I upgraded my USB cable fairly recently, so whatever extra details I am now hearing could be due to that instead of the Keces.

Overall, it had been a fun journey trying out all these things. I'm glad I continued to test even with things I was certain won't affect my sound like power cables, power adapter, and USB cables. I was wrong and missed out on fairly significant improvements for relatively small cost compared to my other equipment. I also had major disappointments like iFi Purifier and Uptone Regen, which is fine so I get to save money. They did change the sound signature so it seemed like the change was an improvement but for me it actually sounded worse.

Anyways time to sleep! Oh also I'm almost upset that I have a new job that would require me to leave my house lol

May 20, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #2,022 of 2,814
Can anyone tell me how the gsx mini sounds with the focal Stellia? Is there anything to be concerned about in regards to the Stellia's low impedance (35 ohms).
Oh, and I'll be getting a pair of ZMF VC olive's as well. Do the VC's pair well with the gsx-mini?

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2,023 of 2,814
Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #2,024 of 2,814
+1 for VC and GSX-mini.

This amp simply rocks. Its the amp that i use to check and figure out the sound signature of my headphones. It has a airy, crisp, clean, neutral sound with a hint of warmth. Whenever i buy a new headphone, i use my mini to test it out because it gives me the best presentation of the headphones sound without adding any flavor to it. I did it for my Auteur, Vc and now my VO. All three sounds brilliant with the mini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back