New AKG line
Sep 3, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #76 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I  

" I heard you pre ordered the Neon Green. Makes the spaceship complete."

That's only because the neon green coloring process is supposed to boost the bass by 3db. Everyone, please don't do the remove-the-'Q' mod as the 'Q' adds refinement in the 12khz region. One last thing that AKG failed to say in the announcement, the headband has added Baby's Butt to the bumps and now there's no need for any break in and it finally feels like.... Well you get the picture.

(I can neither confirm or deny anything about a spaceship)

:)

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #77 of 422

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I  

" I heard you pre ordered the Neon Green. Makes the spaceship complete."

That's only because the neon green coloring process is supposed to boost the bass by 3db. Everyone, please don't do the remove-the-'Q' mod as the 'Q' adds refinement in the 12khz region. One last thing that AKG failed to say in the announcement, the headband has added Baby's Butt to the bumps and now there's no need for any break in and it finally feels like.... Well you get the picture.

(I can neither confirm or deny anything about a spaceship)

:)

LMAO I heard you went over to Steve Prince of Steaks with the HD800 on and large Gold Sungoggles. Is there ant truth to that?

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #78 of 422

Quote:
Duh.

Great sound.

And what the hell is wrong with you whining people anyway? What's the big problem with a company repackaging and remarketing a great headphone? I'd rather see that than bringing out another overengineered, overpriced product like the HD800 or T1.

How about they re-release the K1000 as special head-fi addition and sell it at a reasonable price?

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #82 of 422

The few adjustments to the sound might make the Q701 the perfect phone, you never know :) Hoping for the best.
Quote:
Seems to me that this is probably little more than a marketing gimmick. The likely outcome is that they're probably just going to be re-skinned 701's with a few minor adjustments to the sound.

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #83 of 422

Quote:
The few adjustments to the sound might make the Q701 the perfect phone, you never know :) Hoping for the best.

It's possible but whenever I see someone's name on a product, I almost always avoid it because 99% of the time it nothing more than a quick attempt at money grubbing. Who knows, this might be an exception but I doubt it.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #86 of 422

Quote:

Even if it is the same model with more colors. Your the one whining as I see it

Really? How am I whining?

Quote:
 It's frustrating when you expect a once-great company to respond to the moves of their competitors and instead they produce a new color scheme of an old headphone. This is exacerbated by the fact that it is now owned by one of the largest companies in the industry, which reinforces the perception that AKG is trying to squeeze out profit at minimum cost to themselves without being concerned about the relative quality of their product. I don't really care too much for this second line of argument, but the seeming lack of ambition is definitely raising eyebrows for me. Hopefully AKG will make me eat my words soon.

Does every headphone manufacturer have to follow suit by making a more expensive headphone for no apparent reason other than to satisfy the cravings of a few people who'd buy anything new as long as it was more expensive than what they already own because it is about equipment not music? P T Barnum would think so. People all too often assume that new and more expensive is automatically better. I've wasted enough money and done enough listening before buying to know that this is seldom the case.

And anyway, have any of you heard these "new" AKG's?

Didn't think so.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #87 of 422

Quote:
Really? How am I whining?

Does every headphone manufacturer have to follow suit by making a more expensive headphone for no apparent reason other than to satisfy the cravings of a few people who'd buy anything new as long as it was more expensive than what they already own because it is about equipment not music? P T Barnum would think so. People all too often assume that new and more expensive is automatically better. I've wasted enough money and done enough listening before buying to know that this is seldom the case.

And anyway, have any of you heard these "new" AKG's?

Didn't think so.

You called everyone here a bunch of whiners and yet thats exactly what your doing with your weak argument. Bottom line if AKG was not owned by Harmon they would had a new can out ther. And yes they should follow suit whe their product needs to be improved. Weak bass and screaching highs need to be fixed and its a shame they only chose to offer different colors and cable. Nothing need to be heard as the can is the Same. Rwead the material only cosmetic changes. So go ahead sprt order your Green pairt and be happy. People were disappinted as they should be but if you know Harmons history this was easy to call.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #88 of 422
Disappointed to see what appear to be rebadged K701s but did anyone poke around the page further?

The GHS1 look like a sweet gaming headphone and the K540 look like a great set of cans for the office or some other secondary system.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back