New AKG line
Sep 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #47 of 422

Quote:
Duh.

Great sound.

And what the hell is wrong with you whining people anyway? What's the big problem with a company repackaging and remarketing a great headphone? I'd rather see that than bringing out another overengineered, overpriced product like the HD800 or T1.

Even if it is the same model with more colors. Your the one whining as I see it

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #48 of 422
Wow, Monster unleashed a marketing whirlwind.  Pretty soon phones won't have numbers for model designations.  "Today, Sony has announced its partnership w/ Eric Cartman!"  

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #49 of 422
Good- the "Not Fat" N701 and "Big Boned" B701
beyersmile.png

They could have at least tweaked the signature a bit to get everyone here in a frenzy. BTW, Harman is JBL, Infinity among others if this was not known- lots of mass market stuff.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #51 of 422

Quote:
Duh.

Great sound.

And what the hell is wrong with you whining people anyway? What's the big problem with a company repackaging and remarketing a great headphone? I'd rather see that than bringing out another overengineered, overpriced product like the HD800 or T1.

Probably the fact that they've now done it with their supposed 'top of the line' headphone 3 times in a row while not making any completely new top of the line for 4 years?

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #53 of 422
Quote:
Duh.

Great sound.

As consumers, we value choice, and admire companies that are "pushing the envelope". I like the K701 a lot, but the company's last 2 big announcements have been rebadged versions of a flagship product that isn't competitive with other top of the line products anymore. It's frustrating when you expect a once-great company to respond to the moves of their competitors and instead they produce a new color scheme of an old headphone. This is exacerbated by the fact that it is now owned by one of the largest companies in the industry, which reinforces the perception that AKG is trying to squeeze out profit at minimum cost to themselves without being concerned about the relative quality of their product. I don't really care too much for this second line of argument, but the seeming lack of ambition is definitely raising eyebrows for me. Hopefully AKG will make me eat my words soon.

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #55 of 422
Quote:
Duh.

Great sound.

Woooow.... As the kids would say these days, you're trippin.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #57 of 422
The proof is always in the pudding.  This looks like a repackaged K701, but you have to hear it to know.  If it's the K701 reborn, buy used and save yourself some coin.  On the other hand, nobody knows anything until somebody actually hears these things.  Nobody hooks an amp up to a box.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #58 of 422

Quote:
The proof is always in the pudding.  This looks like a repackaged K701, but you have to hear it to know.  If it's the K701 reborn, buy used and save yourself some coin.  On the other hand, nobody knows anything until somebody actually hears these things.  Nobody hooks an amp up to a box.

Well, what AKG themselves posted in their facebook page doesn't help to kill the idea that these are rebranded 702's:

"Quincy Jones himself worked with us to design a headphone that made aesthetic changes to reflect more of his personal touch"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back