New AKG line
Sep 3, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #91 of 422
They look great, I think. However, when I look at them, I think "Online gaming". They just look like a pair of gamers headphones imo. I personally like the green and the black version. The white of the K701 look better than the white Q701 and Black Q701 look better than the black of K702 imo. 

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #92 of 422

Quote:
 And yes they should follow suit whe their product needs to be improved. Weak bass and screaching highs need to be fixed

Hardly

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #93 of 422
That's great if you like the K701, but what about everyone else?

Sep 4, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #94 of 422
Sep 4, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #95 of 422

Quote:
Sure, in fact I'm listening to them right now.

There are even reviews on it already!

Technically you're not... He said the "new" AKGs, the K701/2s are not the new models. Even if it's the same technology, certainly not the "new" releases! New headphones are serious business, no sarcasm allowed until they're on your head! You two knock it off with the back-and-forth, this is a forum about the love of headphones, not the love of headphone arguments and slappywagging!

Also, I still have a mean craving for a lime slushie.

Sep 4, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #97 of 422
Quote:
Technically you're not... He said the "new" AKGs, the K701/2s are not the new models. Even if it's the same technology, certainly not the "new" releases! New headphones are serious business, no sarcasm allowed until they're on your head! You two knock it off with the back-and-forth, this is a forum about the love of headphones, not the love of headphone arguments and slappywagging!

Also, I still have a mean craving for a lime slushie.

Arguments are just a symptom of the love of headphones.

And it will be serious business when you point us to some actually new AKG headphones. Until then, my previous post still stands.

Sep 4, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #98 of 422

Quote:
Arguments are just a symptom of the love of headphones.

And it will be serious business when you point us to some actually new AKG headphones. Until then, my previous post still stands.

The Q701 and pals are new headphones. New releases, old technology, but still new (although I don't think it's been proven they're carbon copy drivers).

Arguments are never a symptom of love.. Well, at least with inanimate objects. Then again, I've been known to argue with my chair and my toaster from time to time. Also, italics are a good indicator of my recognition of your side of the argument but also note the other side-- compromise, good folks!

:wink:

Sep 4, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #99 of 422

Quote:
Really? How am I whining?

Does every headphone manufacturer have to follow suit by making a more expensive headphone for no apparent reason other than to satisfy the cravings of a few people who'd buy anything new as long as it was more expensive than what they already own because it is about equipment not music? P T Barnum would think so. People all too often assume that new and more expensive is automatically better. I've wasted enough money and done enough listening before buying to know that this is seldom the case.

And anyway, have any of you heard these "new" AKG's?

Didn't think so.

Of course people assume that new and more expensive is better.  And of course it's not always the case.  Look at my sig.  Those are all hand picked after listening to hundreds of headphones.  None of them new or expensive.  But that's beside the point.  Forget about expensive and better, AKG doesn't even want to create anything new or different at all.  This isn't about AKG taking the high road and sticking with an older model because they like it.  They want to create the illusion and allure of something new, but they don't want to do the work of actually creating something new.  Or more likely, they don't know how to make a good headphone anymore because they are run by the marketing department.  In my opinion, AKG lost their way when they made the K701 to replace what I see as a clearly superior headphone- the K501.  And many people agree.  But even if you don't, there is no getting around the fact that this new line is a complete fabrication, a marketing gimmick to trick the market into buying more.  That's why I posted a picture of a gold painted garbage can.  Because that's what this is.  A thin layer of paint distracting us from what really lies underneath. 

Sep 4, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #100 of 422

Quote:
They look great, I think. However, when I look at them, I think "Online gaming". They just look like a pair of gamers headphones imo.

I always thought the other way, that the icemat siberias looked like the k701.  However, I do believe this general design for a headphone frame has been long around and used far before either of these cans came out. I like the look too, and luckily for me the bumps on the headband cause no pain : )

Sep 4, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #101 of 422
Quote:
The Q701 and pals are new headphones. New releases, old technology, but still new (although I don't think it's been proven they're carbon copy drivers).

I'm not sure why some people are holding out hope for this. Maybe they missed AKG's statement on this. I'll repost it for emphasis.

Quote:
cdanguyen08 said:

Response from AKG on Facbook about the comments about the Q line.

"Good questions/comments everyone. To answer your questions on the what's unique about the new Quincy Signature Line, we'd like to let you know that Quincy Jones himself worked with us to design a headphone that made aesthetic changes to ref...lect more of his personal touch. The models come in black, white (with lime green accents) and a proprietary lime green color only available within the Signature Line. Also, the 330s and the 460s will feature an inline microphone that will work with mobile devices such as the iPhone and Blackberry and a remote control (only compatible with iPhones) to play, pause and skip through music so that people can still have a quality sound experience for lifestyles that are increasingly more mobile and on the go."

sooo it is just the looks....

Sep 4, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #102 of 422
Agree! Especially after trying the K500, I dont think the K701 deserves to be the top of the line anymore. Anyways where's the Q1000 again? 
Of course people assume that new and more expensive is better.  And of course it's not always the case.  Look at my sig.  Those are all hand picked after listening to hundreds of headphones.  None of them new or expensive.  But that's beside the point.  Forget about expensive and better, AKG doesn't even want to create anything new or different at all.  This isn't about AKG taking the high road and sticking with an older model because they like it.  They want to create the illusion and allure of something new, but they don't want to do the work of actually creating something new.  Or more likely, they don't know how to make a good headphone anymore because they are run by the marketing department.  In my opinion, AKG lost their way when they made the K701 to replace what I see as a clearly superior headphone- the K501.  And many people agree.  But even if you don't, there is no getting around the fact that this new line is a complete fabrication, a marketing gimmick to trick the market into buying more.  That's why I posted a picture of a gold painted garbage can.  Because that's what this is.  A thin layer of paint distracting us from what really lies underneath. 

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #104 of 422

Quote:
AKG doesn't even want to create anything new or different at all.  This isn't about AKG taking the high road and sticking with an older model because they like it.  They want to create the illusion and allure of something new, but they don't want to do the work of actually creating something new. .....That's why I posted a picture of a gold painted garbage can.  Because that's what this is.  A thin layer of paint distracting us from what really lies underneath. 

I wouldnt assume that AKG doesnt know what they do. They are just refreshing their best-selling product. And they dont hide that there are only cosmetical changes:

"Good questions/comments everyone. To answer your questions on the what's unique about the new Quincy Signature Line, we'd like to let you know that Quincy Jones himself worked with us to design a headphone that made aesthetic changes to ref...lect more of his personal touch. The models come in black, white (with lime green accents) and a proprietary lime green color only available within the Signature Line. "

You posted a picture of a gold painted garbage can because You simply dont like the K701. There are many hps that differs only outside from previous models.

What does these 3 pictures have in common?

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #105 of 422
Quote:
I don't think you understood my post.

I was mainly focusing on this part:

Quote:
(although I don't think it's been proven they're carbon copy drivers)

I'm seeing a lot of posts like that where people are still crossing their fingers that something has been changed. I'm trying to temper people's optimism by reiterating what AKG themselves have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back