Need Help & Opinion from Owners of the Sennheiser HD4X8 Series
Jul 18, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #16 of 29
You are recommending 555s for someone who needs a closed pair of headphones and who listens to rap?
Don't get the 598, 558, 600 or 650, since they are all open headphones and will not block out any outside noise at all.

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #17 of 29
good headphones are good headphones. Rap sounds great on the hd600s. But if you are the typical Boomin bass lover, why even ask about these senns? Go directly to beats or the much cheaper alternative that sounds about the same... Fanny Wang On ears. They will give you a car audio type of sound instead of a more reference one plus they will work fine without an amp and will isolate too.

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #18 of 29
thanks a lot for your input guys, i want to upgrade for a senns cause i noticed that they are professional, I’m not looking for a heavy or over whelming bass i just need a deep accurate tight bass that's right there at the same time i need the music to be clear idk if there's a headphone that have both options that's why i need ur guidance , my budget is around 140$, now im looking on the option that donunus gave me.

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #20 of 29
yea i'm looking for a closed headphone, a friend on the forum mentioned the following :
Audio Technica M50
Shure 750
M-Audio Q40
Sony XB500/700

it seem that i'll go with one of them cause it looks that they have some good base.

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #22 of 29
I think it just has to be stated that no closed headphone near this price range sounds really hifi. I wouldn't be able to live with them myself to be honest with you.In the end, the question will just end up being "what is the one with the least offensive sound?" I would have chosen the denon d1001 but it is discontinued and might be a little bass shy. The creative aurvana live is a bassier version of the denon d1001 and should probably be among your top choices at the price range. They are practically the same headphone with the same drivers except the creative has thicker pads. These cans are not really made by creative or denon. They are a rebadged foster(fostex) headphone that denon(d1001) and creative(aurvana live) distributed.

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #23 of 29
Oh, and another closed headphone that I really enjoyed around this price range is the Beyer DT-150 when the pads are changed to the dt-100 velour pads. They will need more power than what a typical DAP can give though and might cost over $200 total including the extra pads. Then there is the fischer fa-003 which is good and actually almost reference quality stuff except for the upper mids which offended me quite a bit. Changing the cups to woodies is supposed to help them so maybe I would get the cheapest version of the fa-002w which is the same headphone with different cups. When I say cheapest, I mean the one that comes with the least expensive woody cup that they make. It should cost around $200 plus dollars.

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #24 of 29
whoops sorry, I just double checked the creative website and found that the aurvana live has been discontinued. I guess the only one left that I can possibly recommend in the price range or even cheaper is the Sony zx700 which I can only recommend from what I've read since I haven't heard them myself. They are supposed to have good mids and that in itself is a feat that no other closed headphone in the price range can give you.

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #25 of 29

Quote:
whoops sorry, I just double checked the creative website and found that the aurvana live has been discontinued. I guess the only one left that I can possibly recommend in the price range or even cheaper is the Sony zx700 which I can only recommend from what I've read since I haven't heard them myself. They are supposed to have good mids and that in itself is a feat that no other closed headphone in the price range can give you.

Thanks a lot for your input man, im now leaning toward getting the ATH-M50 after reading a lot of reviews from owner it seem exactly what i want but there's one thing is that on amazon there is a difference of 12$ between 2 sellers is that something to worry about? (both of them include free shipping one is priced at 147 and the other at 159)

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #26 of 29
I didn't like the m50 at all because the mids are recessed, the highs are sibilant and the low bass is boosted. Lots of people like them though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back