Need Help & Opinion from Owners of the Sennheiser HD4X8 Series
Jul 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

mouba3

New Head-Fier
sup fellas, i want your professional help and opinion cause I’m a newbie to the headphones world I want to get a sennheiser headphone but don't know if i should go for the HD 428/438, I have read a lot of helpful reviews and analysis here, I need opinions and help from somebody that owns or tried on of them, here what I’m looking for:

- I listen to HipHop-Rap, so I’m looking for a deep accurate tight bass (not overpowering or over whelming), I don’t want the bass to take over the clarity, i'm also looking to block outside noise.

after reading a couple of review it seem that the 438 is the way to go i'm only scared from the ear pads cause i live in a hot place.

i'll be using a nano ipod , I’m also thinking of adding the FiiO E5  (can somebody tell me what it do exactly?), + the LOD cable for ipod, it'll be great if u can tell me about any other modification that I can do to get the best high quality sound I can.

I really appreciate any help or info that I could get from you guys cause you really know a lot about headphones and it would be great to get help and opinion from the pros here and from the people that already used one of these headphones, here in my country they don't know a lot about this stuff and there's not even a store that sell them, that's why my relative in the USA we'll order them for me.

So do you guys think the 438+Fiio5 is the way to go? my budget is around 140$, if  there's a better option it'll be great to guide me throw my pick.

I appreciate your help and time, thanks in advance.
L3000.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 29
None of them suit your need man...
That's for sure...
What is your budget?

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 29
Then save some money until you reach about 150$ and then we can talk again about it..
If you want a good headphone i think you should wait...

Consider these:
Audio-Technica ATH-M50,
BEYER DT 250,
BEYER DT 770 PRO 80,
Audio-Technica ATH-A500,
Ultrasone DJ1

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 29

Quote:
i can go for 150$ but i want to limit it around 100$ unless the product really worth it cause i want to buy one time only not every 2 years.

That is exactly why i told you to wait,but if you have the money we can talk about it....
wink_face.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 29
That's more like it......
Use the search function of the forum and start checking out the cans that i listed in my previous post..
Read,read and read again and if you have any questions after your research  post them here.
I am pretty sure that in a few days you will know what is the best can for ya...

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #10 of 29
alright man will do and get back at ya but the prob is i only have like 2 days to choose cause my relative is coming around a week so he needs to order them for me so they can arrive and bring them with him when he come.

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #11 of 29
Jul 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #13 of 29
Yes,Headfiers are all of us who help others with our knowledge on certain things...
Welcome to Head.fi...

Jul 17, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #14 of 29
Thanks man now i'm looking at ur links woow there's a lot of headphones out there it'll be very hard to choose one hopefully guys like will guide me throw it and help me to pick the best one.

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #15 of 29
for the 150 dollar range, get an hd598 or 558 instead. heck get an old hd555 for 80 bucks or so, they are better and have a higher end sound than the hd438. Although the hd438s are decent, they distort at very low volumes. The better plan is to spend more money an go for some hd600s while there are still some left on ebay. They are already discontinued so they probably wont last very long. They are pretty much my favorite headphone and even a cheap dac/amp unit like a FiiO E7/E9 combo will drive them well. Thats the system I am using at the moment because I am a bang for the buck type of guy and that system is definitely hard to beat for the money spent. Later on, you can get better amps for the hd600s and they will scale up along with them. The hd650s are also nice and musical but feel less detailed than the hd600 on budget sources and amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back