My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Jan 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #91 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi ,im not familiar with your sort of music ,but yes the westone 3 sounds like it would be a goot bet for you, as long as your ears arnt to sensitive to sibilance ,as this is a big problem for some people and yet again some people dont hear eny on them.
I dont have the klipsch image but i do have klipsch custom 3 and these are awsome sounding with a big detailed boomy bass, which dose not affect the mids or highs, i find they blend together effortlessly ,so are far mor balanced then the westone 3.,and they will give you all the details you want.

Hey, thank you for replying. I tried the X10s a few months ago (the only high end IEM i can try here..) and i liked the bass and highs very much, and the seller told me that the Custom 3s are like the same with dual drivers (so more detail). He told me problems with fitting, that's why i counted them out. How does it fit your ear? Have you compared the sound quality to Westones?

Jan 23, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #92 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by spyromezzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for replying! I read somewhere that that the Um3x doesn't have the amount off bass like the W3s have, thats why i thought it wouldn't be perfect for me. Although i read here that it is more balanced than the 3s. I'm in big dilemma, because there's no possibility for me to try them, so i have to take the gamble like i did with the 530s. As i say again, they are very good headphones, but i'm about to look for a more bassy one. Sure i will start reading more reviews about Um3x. Thanks again!

Actually the Um3x is capable of delivering deep and powerful bass(I haven't heard any distortion by overdriving the bass on the Um3x). it is just that Westone had adjusted something that made the bass presentation more gentlemanly than brute(prevents bass fatigue).

My headphone amp has tone control and once i turn up the bass knob and I have a W3 sound-alike Um3x albeit without sibilance.

3 things that you can do to get more bass from the Um3x:

Better Seal (play around with tips)
Equalization (Free)
Dedicated Amp (really provides the punch)

Jan 23, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #93 of 651
Quote:

Hey, thank you for replying. I tried the X10s a few months ago (the only high end IEM i can try here..) and i liked the bass and highs very much, and the seller told me that the Custom 3s are like the same with dual drivers (so more detail). He told me problems with fitting, that's why i counted them out. How does it fit your ear? Have you compared the sound quality to Westones?

i did a detailed review of the custom 3 on page 2 of this thread and a review of w3 on page 3, the customs fit my ears very well ,i can wear them for 8hrs a day before they start to get a little uncomftable,you just need to bear in mide that the sq is very dependant on getting them at just the right angle inside your ear ,get this right and you will be rewarded with musical heaven.
the customs 3 has as much detail in the mids and highs as the se530 but the westones do have more detail in those areas,both have a more powerfull big boomy bass ,the custom 3s bass is better controlled though than w3s but neither are quite as detailed in the bass as se530

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #94 of 651
Well ive been using my ie8s all week now and have really became attached to them ,im being won over by them and at the moment have no desire to put them down and pick up on of my other sets.

Today my heron p3~+ portable amp arrived ,i plugged my ie8s into it along with a 7g ipod and have had them playing all day O M G there rocking my little cotton socks off ,i think ive died and gone to audio heaven , they go so well together , the heron is a bright amp and seems to remove alot of the ie8s over warm upper bass and the it has defently exstended the treble really nicely, infact if i didnt know better i would think i had my treple fi 10s in my ears . More updates to follow when im had more time to try rolling the opamps and maybe the buffers to, though i have no idear what rolling the buffers does, i know rolling the opamps tailors the sound though.

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #95 of 651
Thank you again guys!! As I don't use amp (play lossless, or at least 320kbps AAC from iPhone), i think i will stick to the Westone 3/Um3x and Klipsch C3 trio, where i don't know what will decide my choice. Maybe i should get a portable amp and a Um3x...or Klipsch
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought my girlfriend a Klipsch S4, and they're amazing for the price, the only thing is my ears don't really like silicone tips, as i found the Shure's foams a lot more comfortable than the Klipsch's silicone tips. So maybe comfort will decide.

So the main thing is that i can't go wrong with these considering my "boomy bass with detail on the whole spectrum" taste.

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #96 of 651
Quote:

Thank you again guys!! As I don't use amp (play lossless, or at least 320kbps AAC from iPhone), i think i will stick to the Westone 3/Um3x and Klipsch C3 trio, where i don't know what will decide my choice. Maybe i should get a portable amp and a Um3x...or Klipsch
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought my girlfriend a Klipsch S4, and they're amazing for the price, the only thing is my ears don't really like silicone tips, as i found the Shure's foams a lot more comfortable than the Klipsch's silicone tips. So maybe comfort will decide.

So the main thing is that i can't go wrong with these considering my "boomy bass with detail on the whole spectrum" taste.

All the shure tips fit on the klipsch custom 3 s !

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #97 of 651
Quote:

Well ive been using my ie8s all week now and have really became attached to them ,im being won over by them and at the moment have no desire to put them down and pick up on of my other sets.

Today my heron p3~+ portable amp arrived ,i plugged my ie8s into it along with a 7g ipod and have had them playing all day O M G there rocking my little cotton socks off ,i think ive died and gone to audio heaven , they go so well together , the heron is a bright amp and seems to remove alot of the ie8s over warm upper bass and the it has defently exstended the treble really nicely, infact if i didnt know better i would think i had my treple fi 10s in my ears . More updates to follow when im had more time to try rolling the opamps and maybe the buffers to, though i have no idear what rolling the buffers does, i know rolling the opamps tailors the sound though.

I've been feeling the same way about my IE8's again lately. My ALO Rx amp is somewhat bright and revealing too, which is like you say a great mach with the IE8's.

I'd recommend trying some UE single flange silicone tips too. I noticed a similar brightening of the upper end because of those tips as well. Lately, with the addition of the Rx paired with the UE tipped IE8's, I may be approaching being rather pleased with my rig.

Keep enjoying those IE8's.....

Jan 23, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #99 of 651
Quote:

What about the ie8 that you're mentioning? Would they meet my needs?

yes possibly, big bass, huge soundstage, really shine when amped,what source you using?

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #100 of 651
Quote:

yes possibly, big bass, huge soundstage, really shine when amped,what source you using?

I mostly use my iPhone 3GS unamped (lossless or 320kbps AAC). But if needed (for Um3x, W3 or C3, or IE8...or whatever high-end IEM), i can buy amp. But i don't know anything about them, and the way i see there are no "universal" amps so first i should decide on the IEMs.

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #101 of 651
Quote:

I mostly use my iPhone 3GS unamped (lossless or 320kbps AAC). But if needed (for Um3x, W3 or C3, or IE8...or whatever high-end IEM), i can buy amp. But i don't know anything about them, and the way i see there are no "universal" amps so first i should decide on the IEMs.

i use ipod 7g and all lossless files , none of these phones need amp but all will sound so much better amped as i have found out ,im using an ibasso p3+ goes really well with ie8s, but i think it will sound fine with them all, it has 8 opamps(little circit boards you can put in in different combinations to tailor the sound to your liking

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #102 of 651
Quote:

i use ipod 7g and all lossless files , none of these phones need amp but all will sound so much better amped as i have found out ,im using an ibasso p3+ goes really well with ie8s, but i think it will sound fine with them all, it has 8 opamps(little circit boards you can put in in different combinations to tailor the sound to your liking

Well what i really like about IE8 is that you can adjust the sound, so maybe i can fine-tune it to my taste without EQ (what i never use on iPhone -> as it's blowing up the sound).

Well, i got the finals here:

- Westone 3/um3x
- Klipsch Custom 3
- Sennheiser IE8
(and maybe just looking around for X10s and Triple.fi.10pro)

The Westones would be the most expensive for me (around 350$ each), the Custom would be a bargain with it's price under 200$ (all from net), and as a European, the easiest one to get is the IE8, we have about 4 stores in my country that sell 'em, in one of them, i have 10% discount so i can get them around 260-280$.

Well, hard choice, hard choice
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #103 of 651
Quote:

The Klipsch Custom 3 earphones bill themselves as a "Studio Reference Experience," however, we found that they leaned too hard on the low end to be useful as a balanced pro-audio reference. We may not recommend the Custom 3s to audio engineers, but that shouldn't stop the rest of you from seeking them out, especially if you like your music on the heavy side. We really enjoyed using the Custom 3s for watching movies on our laptop, where the extra oomph of the headphones' dedicated woofer driver made blockbuster sound effects knock us out of our seat.

quote from cnet's review.

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #105 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by evillamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*»´ä°Q½×°Ï Uwants.com

Nice review. Big chance for IE8 also. My only concern about them is the sound isolation, as i read it's not so good. How is isolation compated to my SE530? I found them amazing as i travel a lot on bus (usually loud film is played..) and they closed out all the noise perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back