My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Mar 5, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #181 of 651
Didn't know iheadphones sell them - I have been checking there weekly! I'll have to re-visit
darthsmile.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #182 of 651
Amazon are back in stock now, was 1 - 2 months earlier this week. Good price, cheaper than some of the US sites
smile.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #183 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't know iheadphones sell them - I have been checking there weekly! I'll have to re-visit
darthsmile.gif

yes, they also have the MONSTER TURBINE PRO LIL JAMZ,
ive not read enything about those on here ,have you?
popcorn.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #184 of 651
I have just seen them - £80 seems ok, but no, never heard of them. Seen them on the monster website and earphone solutions. Its the coppers for me tho, if I'm brave enough
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #186 of 651
be brave dao,be brave, so far im really liking the golds, bass ,i think is the best bass ive ever heard on an iem, it really packs a punch, much more solid and bold sounding than the bass on the ie8, and no colourization of the vocals like the ie8 bass does un eq'ed,
mids seem very nice ,not to forward or agressive, or distant,just about in the right place for my tastes, the treble is as detailed as the ie8, no hint of eny sibilance so far, instrement placement seems very good ,im able to pick out were all the instrements are placed within the soundstage with ease, the timbre of the instreaments is also very good,dont want to say too much more at this stage, ive only tryed the 2 sizes of super tips so far, so want to see what the other tips do to the sound , ect, and i would like to give them at least 50hrs burn in befor i review them in more detail,although these sounded very good after the first 5 mins of use, but i do feel that all dymanic drivers sound dose change a fair bit within the first 50-100hrs befor they settle down to there final sound, The medium super tips that were on them when they shipped were to big to get in my ears so i went for the small super tips, but got lots to try yet, they ship with a large selection .

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #187 of 651
So far im loving my monster pro golds, im begining to think these could well be the best iems ive heard so far, ive not found enything they do bad yet, i think they sound a lot like my klipch custom 3's but with a more natural relistic sounding bass that seperates the bass guitar and drums better and has more weight,and hits harder,and goes deeper than the bass on the ie8 even ,imho.
Its kinda like having a pile driver stuck inside my head pounding away
Playing FREEDIE KING right now, the bass is just awsume and the bite of the electric guitar is just spot on !, vocals are really smooth ,no trace of eny sibilance

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #189 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another positive impressions on the Gold. Great!
@lucozade, don't forget to post your impressions too once your e-Q7 arrives!

EQ7 arrived today, but not had time to try them yet,ill hope to try them out in the next day or two ,if i can tear the mtpg from my ears
happy_face1.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #191 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by phandrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you compare the TF10 to W3?

I would rather listen to my tf10 over the westone 3 every time.
ksc75smile.gif

FIT... tf10 fits me ok but i tend to lose the seal as the tf10s shells are quite large and tend to slide out of place from time to time so i end up pushing them back in. in comparrison the westone 3 fits like a glove and stays in place ,so w3 wins hands down on that .

ISOLATION... both isolate really well, but again the w3 wins

MICROPHONICS... not a problem on either phone

I much prefere to listen to the tf10 ,its just so much more easy on the ears ,(not fatuging) both are very detailed iems, but the w3 is i think the most detailed iem ive ever heard , it picks out every tiny sound present in a recording, for good or bad, but that level of detail comes at a price, i find the mids and treble sound very taught and hard sounding(not harsh ) if that makes sence,almost over bright and over done which makes them so hard to listen to for long periods, they are also very sibilant prone without a lot of help from eq'ing or a good amp with rollable opamps to tame them down

The tf10 has a sparkle at the top end , most noticable on percussion cimbals that makes them very nice to listen to.

Both have a decent amount of bass but the w3 hits harder and deeper, but i feel it has less quality about it than the tf10 bass,the w3 bass can sound very boomy, but its a dry undetailed bass. imo
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #192 of 651
Well ive now got around 25-30 hrs of listening on these now and i think i can say these have become my favorate out off my iems, there dose not seem to be enything they do badly, its is really a joy to listen to music through these
darthsmile.gif
..If i had to find thought with them the only thing that springs to mind is there colour ,
ksc75smile.gif
which just sucks to be honest, why did monster make them gold?
devil_face.gif
confused.gif
, i feel like an extra from the pirates of the carribiean walking around outside with these on, but i dont care, they sound just amazing.
tongue_smile.gif

I was supprised at just how small and light these are, (about half the size of the tf10)

Build quality .....is very good , these feel very well made and the cable is a soft rubber about the same thickness as the ie8

cable noise.....none that ive heard

fit..... these are very easy to fit , just stick them in your ears and your up and running,no need to fiddle around with placement within the ear cannel ,and these are so comfortable i dont feel like im wearing iems, i wear them 10hrs a day without eny problems.

isolation..... again is very good on these, on a par with se530 id say
smile.gif

tips...... comes with a large selection of tips, (see pic's) i settled for the large triple flange tips in the end, these look the same as the shure and westone triple flange but are made from a soft silicon, they are really comfortable unlike the others mentioned .

sound..... these really do sound much more like listening to speakers than iems

treble..... is spot on in many ways,very detailed,nice and bright with no harshness,its not vieled in eny way by that big powerfull bass, no sibilance,a little rolled off,not quite the sparkle of the tf10 but very very nice.
smile.gif

mids..... great detail, vocals sound very natural ,slightly forward ,electric guitars have plenty of bite, piano sounds nice with a certan amount of weight to each key note .The timbre of drums is really good, you can almost feel the impact of the drum sticks hitting ,mouth organ, horns ,brass ,wind instrements all sound lovely.

bass..... the bass is really something else !
happy_face1.gif
,I feel its a much better quality of bass than the warm lazy bass of the ie8,there is great weight and authority here,it really packs a punch, it hits hard and deep,and quite fast,there is also a fair bit of detail in the bass,all bass instrements can be heard distinctly, they dont just blend in to form a mass of muddy bass like some iems do.
The bass does not overflow into the mids and there is no colouring of the vocals like on the ie8
If you like pounding bass your love these.
tongue_smile.gif

instrement placement .....is also very good , i can close my eyes and place were all the different instrements are in the soundstage.

soundstage..... is quite good but not quite ie8 terrortoy .I think there is more depth than width ,but it certanly isint bad.

So all in all im very impressed with these,
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #193 of 651
Ive only had these in my ears for under 3 hrs so far ,so these are just my inital thoughts,i will update this later when i become more familier with them .
smile.gif

The ear phones them selfs seem very well built,again these are a lot smaller than i thought they would be, they fit very easy in my ear, and the fit is secure and they are very comfortable,the cord is pvc covered down to the spliter than the main section of the cord is corvered in a cloth weave ,like the cord on the klipsch custom 3 ,but the ortofon cable is a bit thicker.and does not have a slider on the cord
smile_phones.gif

Sound impressions so far, I need a good few more hrs on these to see for the burn in process to take effect but this is my inital impressions,these ortofons seem very well balanced and are the most polite sounding iems ive ever heard,
bigsmile_face.gif

There sound signiture seems to be very soft and slightly warm ,with a very polite and modest bass, slightly forward mids ,again very polite,and a detailed treble ,again presented in a very soft unasumming way,maybe lacking a bit of bite.

I think these are an aquired taste that you need to get used to,all of the ofter iems i have sound coloured one way or another in comparison to the ortofons,which is i gess is a compliment to ortofon
happy_face1.gif

As ive been writing this the sound as opened up quite a bit in the the last hr ,in fact there begining to sound really good to my pleasent suprise,at the begining i thought i might of made a mistake buying these, but now im really injoying there presentation of the music. The music comes across as very clean and clear,the bass has opened up quite a bit and is more present in the mix now
jecklinsmile.gif
,the overall sound is still on the soft side .

Sound stage seems quite wide and has a good depth to it.Instrements have plenty of space around them to breath ,nothing is cramped in .instrement placement is very good

To sum things up ,i would say these are a crystal clear window into the music, no frequency is over emphasized ,these are well balanced with a clean crystal clear and pure presentation
popcorn.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #194 of 651
Nice write up about the Ortofons, but its the Coppers I'm interested in
wink.gif

Will the EQ7 benefit from a burn in, they are BA's arent they?

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #195 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice write up about the Ortofons, but its the Coppers I'm interested in
wink.gif

Will the EQ7 benefit from a burn in, they are BA's arent they?

Thanks dao
I think they are a hybrd of balanced armtures and dymanics from what ive read here, but i could be wrong, most of the instuctions that came with them was in japannesse
biggrin.gif

still waiting for coppers to arrive, went for the free shipping on those (takes longer to arrive though
devil_face.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back