My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Feb 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #166 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by okur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi lucozade,

I appreciate all you've done so far on this thread! It was totally awsome.

I want to ask you a few;
1-Is it possible to get rid of that earhooks on Custom 3?
2-What do you think about how Custom 3 will respond to progressive and vocal trance, if you are listening to/be able to test these music genre? Which would sound a smarter choice between this and IE7? At least an opinion can make me happy.

hi okur, im not sure why you would want to get rid of the memory wire cover on the custom 3, i think this is nice feature which holds them in place .
ph34r.gif

i dont have eny progressive vocal trance what type of music is that? is it bass heavy or does it have detailed treble bits, ? in either case i would think it would sound good on the custom 3, if it has prominent detailed treble, i would advice you to stay away from the ie7, its treble response is quite limited,becouse of this i no longer use the ie7 for music i use them when watching stereo dvds, and tv late at night ,they are good for this with there forward clear vocals and solid bass and large soundstage, but if im watching dvds movies in thx surround sound i use the ie8 which has a much more refined treble ,which handles all the details and treble sound effects with ease.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #167 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i gess if you are really carfull and have a steady hand you could remove it with a surgical blade by slicing it off, but i would advise against it, infact i would'nt even go there if i was you,you may ruin a expencive pair of phone if you cut into the signal wires

it would sound good on the custom 3, if it has prominent detailed treble, i would advice you to stay away from the ie7, its treble response is quite limited....they are good for this with there forward clear vocals and solid bass and large soundstage

If you say so.... then i'm not interested in kinda surgery
biggrin.gif

In fact, i have Cks70-a nice bassy toy from AT. After couple of months, i'm tired of hearing how bass over powers the rest, so i wanted to try out something away from "warm sound". Since i was looking for shining (or should i say "crystal clean"?) mids&highs, though i like how Cks70 performs well on all kinds of bass sounds, my mind has been mixed up within many options. First i looked at Ck10 and saw there wont be enough bass for me -im not a bassyhead but need some sound good and detailed, also it was over my budget, i gave up on it. I've read some reviews on UM3X which suits me best was also a utopia
biggrin.gif
Then i found out IE7, have almost made up my mind to order, saw your precious thread and impressed by your review of C3.
smile.gif

...prominent detailed treble... would be excellent in means of what i'm looking for, and maybe some quick punch bass. And i'm in doubt that IE7 is better on vocals and soundstage which i pay attention as well.

it seems like i need to weigh detailed treble and soundstage matter, and make choice. However, it seems like im gonna take Klipsch.

Thanks for all your comments and helps. If you thnk to post over my last message, i ll welcome and be glad.

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #168 of 651
For the last 3 days ive been really injoying my se530s, i found a hole new apreciation for them,i was using the medium silicone tips but have now changed to the smaller silicone tips, and with these tips i can get the tips right down into my ear cannal,this makes a trendious difference to how im hearing them ,the bass has really come to life and really is very deep and impactfull,i would say its now pretty much on a par with my custome 3 and ie8s ,without cloulding the mids or highs, there is still plenty of air and space ,i still feel the bass is lacking the very low frequency but i really dont notice it unless im critacly listing for it the bass is really packing a solid punch, other instrements have also gained some extra punch,for instance it seems like i can actually feel the strings of the accustic guitars being plucked on hotel california (life from hell freezes over) if that makes sense. also eny trace of sibilance has vanished. I had a tight seal with the meidium tips but its clear to me now that they were to big resulting in the iems not being where they needed to be to get the full spectrum of sound these iems are capable of reproducing.

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #169 of 651
After using my se530s for the last 3 days and being totaly blown away by them i thought id give the se420s another go with the smaller tips id been using on the 530s, so i changed over the tips and stuffed them down my ears,and let them listened to them for 3 hrs, unfortantly my opinon of them has only changed for the worse,altough the bass was a bit more present this time round, it just seemed to low end bass or lower middle bass,no upper mid bass or upper bass as far as i could tell, the vocals were still out front and the treble still sounded rounded off ,i just find these a rather boring iem to listen to ,and deffently not worth there rmrp.

So after 3 hrs thought id go back to my beloved custom 3s, i was really surpised at how neutral the custom 3s now sound to my ears after more than 3 days listeing to the shures with there forward mids, after about an hour or so my ears have grown accustomed to the custom 3 sound again and i still think i like them overall more then the se530s sound, just wish i could remember what combination of opamps i finally used with my p3+ and custom 3s when i did my review of them amped
angry_face.gif
,at the moment im using the combination that sounds best with my ie8s ,i think i need a more bass orientated combination to really make the customs shine,
wink_face.gif
o...well better get rolling those opamps untill i find that combination that puts me back in audio heaven.

I think im going to be adding another 2 or 3 iems to my collection in the next few days so hope to have some more thoughts to share in a week or so...........
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #170 of 651
What are you thinking of getting?

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #171 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you thinking of getting?

hi daeo, ive been reading some very intresting reviews on here lately on the following iems that have got me curious.....

ath ck10
ortofone eq7
monster turbine pro copper
hje900
monster turbine pro gold
denon ah c710
monster turbine pro link miles
umx3

So maybe a couple of these will find there way into my collection soon
k701smile.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #172 of 651
I've got to admit, despite being a balanced armature fanboy (HF5, X10, W2), I am quite tempted by the MTP Copper. The gold seem too bassey for me, although both look alittle bling for my taste
icon10.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #174 of 651
Yes, these are what I have now.

The HF5 are my first 'proper' iem since joining HF last year, and I am lucky enough that I can use the normal size tri-flanges, and can insert them all the way, meaning these are ideal when communiting on the train for isolation. I have no problem with the lack of bass, but due to the isolation, I can't walk around wearing them!

The X10 and W2 I have only had for the last month or so - the X10 were from the HMV for £99, which I couldn't resist (I have some Klipsch S2, which were on Amazon last year for £20, and are very decent at that price point), and the W2 I ordered from Earphone Solutions after Christmas. I love these, they sound great to me - very natural and not exagerated in any area IMO.

I bought a Graham Slee Voyager 2nd hand last week, for less than half the RRP, but that is mainly for my headphones (Denon and Grado). I am outside the top 250, but I am on the waiting list for a Pico Slim, which looks great for iem's. I have also been tracking the Headstage Arrow HE thread, which coming from Germany, sounds it could also be great and is a bit cheaper. I'm just holding off on which one to get, as the arrow has a lack of experienced HFiers purchasing it to date.

I was/am tempted by the ibasso, especially the P3 you have, but transportability is important to me, so its the slim or arrow for me!

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #175 of 651
Quote:

hi daeo, ive been reading some very intresting reviews on here lately on the following iems that have got me curious.....

ath ck10
ortofone eq7
monster turbine pro copper
hje900
monster turbine pro gold
denon ah c710
monster turbine pro link miles
umx3

So maybe a couple of these will find there way into my collection soon
k701smile.gif

The e-Q7 do have similar mid performance that you find on the se530 but with better highs and a more neutral sound signature.If you like the 530s you will probably like these too.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #176 of 651
I was/am tempted by the ibasso, especially the P3 you have, but transportability is important to me, so its the slim or arrow for me![/QUOTE]

hi daeo, the graham slee voyager looks like a nice amp ,i was very tempted to get one when i was looking for an amp,but i felt it would be to warm sounding with my ie8s which are already a warm sounding iem,but im very glad i went for the p3+ as this has proven to be a really good amp so im lucky that i dont need to spend eny more money on amps.

the p3+ is very portable, and from what i can tell its about the same size as your voyager, i carry it around in my pocket everywhere.It is just a tiny bit shorter than an ipod classic and about twice as thick
atsmile.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #177 of 651
Quote:

I was/am tempted by the ibasso, especially the P3 you have, but transportability is important to me, so its the slim or arrow for me!

hi daeo, the graham slee voyager looks like a nice amp ,i was very tempted to get one when i was looking for an amp,but i felt it would be to warm sounding with my ie8s which are already a warm sounding iem,but im very glad i went for the p3+ as this has proven to be a really good amp so im lucky that i dont need to spend eny more money on amps.

the p3+ is very portable, and from what i can tell its about the same size as your voyager, i carry it around in my pocket everywhere.It is just a tiny bit shorter than an ipod classic and about twice as thick
atsmile.gif
[/QUOTE]

The GSV is a nice amp - you are right about it being warm, but with my headphones, its a nice touch on some music - it also sounds exactly the same size as your P3+.

Re transportability, I was referring to either the slim or arrow being something I could use easily on the train etc, so wanted something that was smaller for my next purchase, and would work well with my iems!

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #178 of 651
Just got home and found my new monster turbine pro golds had arrived
ksc75smile.gif
,Boy these things are very bright and bold looking
devil_face.gif
gold every where i look
wink_face.gif
, just had them in my ears for about 15 mins, they sound very promising,i have to say initall impressions are that they live up to MONSTERS clame of being
"PROFESSIONAL IN-EAR SPEAKERS", they do seem to sound more speaker like than eny of my offer iems.

I will post some pictures later tonight and some more detailed impressions, and do a full review on them in a couple of days
smily_headphones1.gif

ordered, ORTOFON EQ7
ordered MONSTER TURBINE PRO COPPER

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #179 of 651
Blimey Lucozade, thats quite a spending spree!

Where did you order the MTPG and C from? I've seen them around, but at very high prices over here so far, apart from ebay and a private seller at amazon, but it worries me about the lifetime warranty - apparently monster are a real pain if its not an authorized dealer!

Interested to hear your views of these 3 (and why you bought both the G and C! - you must have more credit than sense
tongue.gif
). Keep the reviews coming
jecklinsmile.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #180 of 651
hi dao,

got the coppers coming from amazon ,(not the market place seller),they are selling the coppers for £50 cheaper than there selling the golds for ! and the golds from iheadphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back