Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Apr 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #1,471 of 4,841

Quote:

I think we should have a sponsored competition 
biggrin.gif
 :

average_joe should take a photo of ALL his CIEMs together, then the first person to correctly identify every CIEM wins a new CIEM of his choice, from one of the manufacturers Joe has bought from (quick, Joe, get a Fitear 334 before you take the photo! 
ph34r.gif
)

Meh, I don't need new IEMs...

lol ^^

I'm shocked! That statement is incompatible with Head-fi membership; you should be ashamed of yourself (and banned, immediately! :p) LOL! :)

... Just kidding!

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #1,473 of 4,841

Quote:
Anyone know of Hear Wave Technology? http://www.hearwavetechnology.com/store/s2/

I haven't until now; thank you for the find!  I have sent them a message asking for more information.  If they respond I will pass it along.

Quote:
Sure, it is nearer, but at least you've got a plenty of audiologists in your region. In contrast, it is virtually impossible to get ear impressions here except from only one CIEMs distributor in Vietnam who is located not in my city, sigh. Don't remind me about hospitals because I will definitely fail to explain what I want from them, and they simply are not familiar with these things as they don't have much knowledge and experience.

It is really funny. I am holding the UM Miracle in my hands right now, but I can't reshell them because I can't get ear impressions. So all I can do is to wait until the end of May in order to get ear impressions done in Russia.
frown.gif
 The only good thing about that is during this period of time I will manage to save up enough money for reshelling.

Ear impressions are critical, smart move!

Quote:

Perhaps the SE-5 BAs are wired in-series? Might alter the reactivity of the CIEM (would certainly influence the impedance of the CIEM). This is pure speculation on my part.

Cables vary in their own impedance, reactance, noise rejection etc. I'm simply wondering why the JH16 is more susceptible to audible change, when using different cables, than the SE-5 may be.

I ordered my SE-5 with the 'detachable-cable' option, but this was more to allow me freedom to renew the cable, or to detach the CIEMs when I wish, rather than because I wish to spend lots of money on after-market cables.

The JH16, for whatever reason, improves quite a bit in soundstage presentation from cables, but then that is the JH16 weakness compared with my other custom IEMs.  With an aftermarket cable it is much more competitive.  

Quote:

I think we should have a sponsored competition 
biggrin.gif
 :

average_joe should take a photo of ALL his CIEMs together, then the first person to correctly identify every CIEM wins a new CIEM of his choice, from one of the manufacturers Joe has bought from (quick, Joe, get a Fitear 334 before you take the photo! 
ph34r.gif
)

I will have to get several I won't tell you about and include some demos you guys have never seen :wink:  And here is a pic of most of my custom IEMs (can you name the ones I have that are NOT in the picture?).

Quote:
Meh, I don't need new IEMs...

lol ^^

eek.gif

Oh, wait, there is a lol.  Whew.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #1,475 of 4,841
The DUNU DC4 full review has been posted

Quote:
@average_joe
Wooooooot!
What a nice collection!!!
Lol.
Hmmm...I can't see Minerva CIEMs here? Also Earpower and ACS. Dunu?
Damn, I can't identify the second one from the left side on the lowest row...
P.S. I am on the phone so it's not easy for me to check now.
I am on the way to a beach!

Minerva, check

Earpower, check

The ACS is there...top row, far left

I didn't have the DUNU when the pic was taken

And the one you can't identify is because it was reshelled with a different look

Good eye for the phone, and have a great time at the beach.  Keep the sand out of the sound tubes!

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #1,476 of 4,841
The DUNU DC4 full review has been posted

Quote:
@average_joe
Wooooooot!
What a nice collection!!!
Lol.
Hmmm...I can't see Minerva CIEMs here? Also Earpower and ACS. Dunu?
Damn, I can't identify the second one from the left side on the lowest row...
P.S. I am on the phone so it's not easy for me to check now.
I am on the way to a beach!

Minerva, check

Earpower, check

The ACS is there...top row, far left

I didn't have the DUNU when the pic was taken

And the one you can't identify is because it was reshelled with a different look

Good eye for the phone, and have a great time at the beach.  Keep the sand out of the sound tubes!

Oh. Then I can't see Starkey SA43?
Is it JH16 reshelled?

Thanks. Sure, I will.:D

EDIT: Oh! I didn't notice a new review! I will take a look at it right now.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #1,477 of 4,841

Quote:
Oh. Then I can't see Starkey SA43?
Is it JH16 reshelled?
Thanks. Sure, I will.
biggrin.gif

The SA-43 and JH16 are there on the bottom row...look right.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #1,479 of 4,841

Quote:
Yeah, Starkey is here, but JH16? Can see only Earsonics with white faceplate, but JH had titanium one, right?

Between the SA-43 and EM4...

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #1,483 of 4,841
You were asking for the second from the left, which is the Hidition NT-6 
biggrin.gif

Epic Fail. :D I meant from the right, not from the left. The Hidition one I have recognised immediately. :D

Interesting review. It looks like Dunu CIEMs really depend on sources you match them with.
By the way why is it Taiwan? Do you mean that it was built in Taiwan? Hmm...they are a Chinese-based company though.

I doubt that Joe will review any UM customs in the near future. If I lived in the USA I definitely would lend him my pair for his review.:wink:

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #1,484 of 4,841

Quote:
Epic Fail.
biggrin.gif
I meant from the right, not from the left. The Hidition one I have recognised immediately.
biggrin.gif

Interesting review. It looks like Dunu CIEMs really depend on sources you match them with.
By the way why is it Taiwan? Do you mean that it was built in Taiwan? Hmm...they are a Chinese-based company though.

That clears it up 
biggrin.gif

The source does play a larger part of the overall sound, especially in comparison with other CIEMs than most, but then when matched well it shines!  Dunu factory is in China, the main office is in Taiwan.  

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #1,485 of 4,841

Quote:
Epic Fail.
biggrin.gif
I meant from the right, not from the left. The Hidition one I have recognised immediately.
biggrin.gif

That clears it up 
biggrin.gif

The source does play a larger part of the overall sound, especially in comparison with other CIEMs than most, but then when matched well it shines!  Dunu factory is in China, the main office is in Taiwan.  

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for this information.
By the way are you planning to get Rocoo BA anytime soon? I will be interested to hear your impressions about it especially its perfomance with CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back