Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jan 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #931 of 4,841
Any early T1 Live impressions?
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #932 of 4,841
Hmmm..Stage 93, a local company offering CIEM here in SG...maybe I'll pay them a visit this weekend.

Yeah I guess if you're coming from the DBA-02, it's a bit weird to switch to SM2/3 as they are very different sounding iems. For me, if I had the EM3Pros custom fit for me and are tuned that way then I won't do changes on them with another manufacturer. I am not really sure if they can retain the similar sound from the original. But it's up to you if you want to upgrade your EM3Pro to your liking. Last time I was also considering this with my SM3s but fortunately, I stick to the original sound of the iems so that I would have a sound basis on trying to compare to some of my prospect to audition headphones. Even my JH16s which started as a meh, became my very technical proficient iem which has strenghts not found on other iems.

Good point. I was just sort of thinking aloud :p I am actually enjoying my uesf5v2cs very much with its very cohesive sound. Sound is very balanced and the soundstage i thnk is better than the em3. I'm really liking the sound from a single driver. Makes me want to hunt for more.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #933 of 4,841

Quote:
^I am tempted to send the EM3pro for a reshell with maybe an additional treble driver :p

While I haven't done it, I have always wondered how well another driver can be integrated and if the sound would change with only more quantity. That would be the most economical way to get the upgrade, but who will reshell the solid acrylic shell?

Quote:
Heya kingice, I am using the EM3 with the Rockboxed Sansa Fuze with the treble setting on +6 - same with SM2. I dig the DBA-02 very much but wanted something with warmer mids. But don't rely too much on my impression as the EM3 is not custom made for me, I just sanded it to fit my ears but I guess its more crucial on the lows than the highs.

Why not try stage93's Stage6. Maybe you can arrange for a demo of their customs and let us know what you think
biggrin.gif

Yes, I hope to hear those some day.  And the EM3 Pro and DBA-02 are so very different...

Quote:
Now if average_joe only acquires the 3 CIEMs: UM Miracle, UM Merlin and Westone ES5 and be compared to all the CIEMs here. Then that would close another CIEM deal for me. 
biggrin.gif

Some day, but there is so many others I have on my plate...

Quote:
Yes me too, i want to know the Miracle , ES5 and the Heir Audio 8.A (very tempted to buy this) , the SE5 way is a little over my budget right now, and thank you average joe for doing this whole thread, very very informative 

Thank you.  I will have to compare the EM4 with the LCD-2 when I get a chance...

Quote:
Any early T1 Live impressions?
biggrin.gif

I have been listening a bit to the T1 Live! and it has a fairly neutral frequency response, not adding anything to the presentation.  Compared with the EM4, the T1 has a less dynamic presentation and less emphasis on both ends of the spectrum.  Spaciousness is similar but different.  While I can't say for sure until I A/B, it doesn't seem like anything else I have in my collection.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #936 of 4,841
Sorry, nowadays whenever I mention the DBA-02, its about the highs. It made me a treble head :p

UM and Stage93 mentioned they can reshell the EM3... but I think I may drop the thought... single driver sound is more to my liking. Unless I can get access to demo units of multiple driver (custom) IEMs.

Quote:

While I haven't done it, I have always wondered how well another driver can be integrated and if the sound would change with only more quantity. That would be the most economical way to get the upgrade, but who will reshell the solid acrylic shell?

Yes, I hope to hear those some day.  And the EM3 Pro and DBA-02 are so very different...

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #938 of 4,841

Quote:
Sorry, nowadays whenever I mention the DBA-02, its about the highs. It made me a treble head :p

UM and Stage93 mentioned they can reshell the EM3... but I think I may drop the thought... single driver sound is more to my liking. Unless I can get access to demo units of multiple driver (custom) IEMs.

I heard UM would not reshell the EM3 Pro because it was a solid acrylic shell, but I guess they now can.

Quote:
What are you using as a dryer for your CIEMs?

The Serene hearing aid dryer as it seemed to be a pretty good value.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #941 of 4,841

Quote:
Thanks for the link. 

No problem; it is a great idea to protect your investment!

Quote:
Am interested in the NT6 after reading your wonderful review on it. Have been sending them mails from their website but no replies about it. How to go about it from here?

If you like that sound, the NT-6 is amazing!  I am not sure what is going on, but sometimes they take longer.  I will PM you Seoung ByoungHa's email address.

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #944 of 4,841
Sharing :p
Another reason why I went with sf5v2 for reshell is that it doesn't hiss (or I just can't hear it? :p) with amp... I am now listening fuze>LOD>Epiphany EHP-O2{ObjectiveO2}>sf5v2cs. Initial impression - the O2 made the sound more natural and lively specially on the highs. There's more air and more weight to the bass notes/lines. It really just improves on the existing sound taking it to another level - more power/oomph.

EHP-O2 and the classic Headsave Classic :p

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #945 of 4,841

Quote:
I just placed an order for one.

Very cool!

Quote:
By the way,is the NT6 pin connectors the same with jh/westone kind? After market cables can be used with it?

It is JHA and Westone pin compatible, and I updated the review with the info.  Thanks for mentioning it.  

Check out my cable thread if you haven't already seen it for many options.  Anything JHA/Westone compatible will work with it, but the TF10 stuff will also with some minor modification (flattening the pins slightly with pliers and converting the pins from recessed to flush).

Quote:
Sharing :p
Another reason why I went with sf5v2 for reshell is that it doesn't hiss (or I just can't hear it? :p) with amp... I am now listening fuze>LOD>Epiphany EHP-O2{ObjectiveO2}>sf5v2cs. Initial impression - the O2 made the sound more natural and lively specially on the highs. There's more air and more weight to the bass notes/lines. It really just improves on the existing sound taking it to another level - more power/oomph.

EHP-O2 and the classic Headsave Classic :p

Nice; the O2 looks like a nice amp, and amps can make a difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back