Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jan 3, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #902 of 4,841

Quote:
then in technical factor, the NT6's still superior?

I won't know until I compare the two, buti would suspect they perform similarly from a technical perspective, just different favors. 

Quote:
Got my UEsf5v2c
biggrin.gif
They were sent (From Manila, Philippines) to Stage93 of Singapore via DHL on 14 November and Eldrid got it on the 16th. They were sent to China and came back to him on 19 December. Just got them today with my friends help - hand carried from SG > PH. I actually liked the waiting
biggrin.gif

Fit: like leather gloves! Snug and tight and I am quite surprised coming from the EM3Pros that I sanded to fit my ears :p the isolation is very very good. I'm still learning how to pry them off my ears in a convenient manner.

and the
Sound: Just as I expected! The bass improved due to bone conduction and it sounds more balanced now. Before the reshell, the highs were 'leading' and the bass is overwhelmed. In the custom shell, even the highs seem to sound more polished. The mids remain unchanged - I think. Still have to compare with my other IEMs (K2, SM2, EM3Pros). I still can hear the cohesiveness of the sound with the single driver - one main reason why I decided to reshell the UEsf5v2. I am so glad it worked as expected
etysmile.gif

For now, here are some pictures taken with my Nokia N82 :p

Nice!  Looking forward to the comparisons. And it looks like Stage 93 customs are well built!

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #906 of 4,841
A liberal application of something like this will help. Put it on the parts that contact your ear, but not the tip of the canal where the sound tubes are. 

Over time a residue will build up on the shell and you won't need to reapply, except after cleanings. What I have found is some shells use a finish that doesn't require this while other shells do need some help. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #907 of 4,841
Ayt! Shall look for it locally first. Thanks!

edit: Another shot of the nozzle:

and on my ear (pardon the Bruce Lee length hair
biggrin.gif
):

still taken with the Nokia N82
cool.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #908 of 4,841
doesn't it hurt when you wear it for a long time. It looks like the lower bit of your IEMs is a bit bulky and doesnt fit all the way into your ear.

Quote:
Ayt! Shall look for it locally first. Thanks!

edit: Another shot of the nozzle:

and on my ear (pardon the Bruce Lee length hair
biggrin.gif
):

still taken with the Nokia N82
cool.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #911 of 4,841
Can't wait for the Silicone shoot-out!

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #913 of 4,841

Quote:
do you have a picture with all your customs all in one shot? lol

Nope, there are so many it is difficult to get them all in a shot that looks good since some don't have detachable cables.  A photo shoot like that would take a considerable amount of time.  I want to take photos of the custom IEMs I compare but never find the time to do even that.

Quote:
Can't wait for the Silicone shoot-out!

That will have to wait for a Sensaphonics model and maybe a Pure Tone.  Plus, the Mi-3, 5-way, and T1 Live! are all very different and in different price categories.  

Quote:
that seems a ton of work is waiting for you, Joe :p

Or a ton of fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back