Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Dec 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #886 of 4,841
Thanks Joe !
Very informative and helpful to all my question
I have read your review on both TS842 and au5x but still can't make up my mind
Guess I'll go with TS as a safer choice since it's a upgrade to my current Tf10

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #888 of 4,841

Quote:
I'm not very good with these audio descriptions, but I'll try. By my count there are two problems. First, they're a bit too analytical. The music doesn't mix together energetically. They're very much a surround sound experience, but not musical. I can't explain it properly. 

The other issue is the bass. It is not punchy at all. If this were a boxing match, the jh13s are not following through, and are pulling all their punches. I tried a friend's radius ddm and this was not the case at all, so I ordered that but I still want the surround sound experience of a CIEM. Musicality is a plus. Budget not an issue. 

Ps, my source is hm801..

The JH13 is supposed to be bass neutral, so I can understand that part of it as well as the analytical presentation.  The following would be good choices depending on how far away you want to move from analytical: SE 5-way, SA-43, EM4, i9pro, and aud-5X.  Those 4 have plenty of bass and very good, enveloping space, especially with the 801, which adds to the 3D presentation. 

Quote:
Thanks Joe !
Very informative and helpful to all my question
I have read your review on both TS842 and au5x but still can't make up my mind
Guess I'll go with TS as a safer choice since it's a upgrade to my current Tf10

Let us know what you think once you get them.

Quote:
Hi, Joe. Which custom has a sound signature closest to a DT880pro (2003 ver)? I totally love the tonal balance of it:xf_eek:

Unfortunately I don't know how the DT880 sounds; how does it compare with the Tesla T1, which I used to own?  The JH16, LS8, and TS842 all have similarities to the Tesla T1.  I don't have the Tesla T1 any more so I can't compare directly, but it was bright and spacious with good bass and slightly recessed mids presented in an analytical yet liquid way.

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #889 of 4,841
Thanks Joe. I'm looking for silicone only so I guess it may be down to the SE5 or the A1 Live! I'm in no hurry so I'll wait for your review.

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #891 of 4,841

Quote:
Thanks Joe. I'm looking for silicone only so I guess it may be down to the SE5 or the A1 Live! I'm in no hurry so I'll wait for your review.

My T1 is still in transit. 

Quote:
Joe, you were right about my ES5. They where not working properly from the start. I got them fixed for free.

Good to hear that has been resolved. How are you liking them now?

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #893 of 4,841

Quote:

Good to hear that has been resolved. How are you liking them now?

I like them better now. They sound brighter (but still warm in the mids) and the bass is not as boomy and slow. I will get my NT6 Pro later today or on monday but now I do regret buying them a little :p. I was the first buyer from Sweden, so they send my a "premium cable". It costs about 220$. Dont´t know anything else about it yet.

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #894 of 4,841

Quote:
Still waiting for your NT6 review, especially after reading this review.

I am still waiting on international ordering info from Hidition, and once I get that I will do my final proof and post the review. Here is my sound summary from the review, and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. 

Quote:

Sound Summary: The NT-6 gives you a neutral, high resolution, accurate presentation reminiscent of the CK10 but technically better in every way by a significant margin.  Not to be confused with something thicker and richer such as the 5-way or EM3 Pro, the overall sound is on the thinner and analytical side but is not lacking in bass power or depth when a track calls for it.  Imaging is special and the space is on the larger side of the CIEMs I have heard with good depth and height resulting in excellent instrument placement.  Detail levels are phenomenal, only being bested by the SE 5-way while ambiance recreation is very good.  There is no lack of speed as the NT-6 can keep up with even the fastest instruments and electronic music. 

Combing all the above with exceptional dynamics and the ability to change to the track and with the source the NT-6 creates a moving experience while serving up all the details to you very clearly.  If you want to easily hear all the nuances in your music for any reason from mastering to musical enjoyment, the NT-6 is an excellent choice and at the top of this sound signature.  When combined with a very resolving source such as the 801 the NT-6 recreates an experience that can have a very live experience vs. just listening to a recording.

Quote:
I like them better now. They sound brighter (but still warm in the mids) and the bass is not as boomy and slow. I will get my NT6 Pro later today or on monday but now I do regret buying them a little :p. I was the first buyer from Sweden, so they send my a "premium cable". It costs about 220$. Dont´t know anything else about it yet.

Sorry to hear the ES5 is not your preference; looking forward to your NT-6 impressions. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #895 of 4,841
Just got my Hidition NT6 Pro

First impressions, big bass (but extremely clear and fast), alot of treble. Compared to my ES5 they sound brighter, faster and more detailed.

They have a bigger soundstage and everything sounds more dynamic. The only problem I have is that the treble is mayby a little bit to pronounced but extremly detailed. But that might disappear with burn in.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #896 of 4,841

Quote:

First impressions, big bass (but extremely clear and fast), alot of treble. Compared to my ES5 they sound brighter, faster and more detailed.

They have a bigger soundstage and everything sounds more dynamic. The only problem I have is that the treble is mayby a little bit to pronounced but extremly detailed. But that might disappear with burn in.

Very nice to hear from you! And for anyone who is in trouble with Korean site, this is a new update from HIDITION: http://hidition.co.kr/notice/3774

wow, they do offer silicon nozzle, great! But the price rose a bit, 1200$ for NT6, so I have to postpone to get one, especially lunar new year is close...

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #897 of 4,841

Quote:

Thanks for sharing. 

I am not to sure how much the treble will change as the Pro as i didnt detect much change with the NT-6, and has enhanced treble and bass compared with the regular NT-6. I am sure you will get used to it over time. 

Quote:
Very nice to hear from you! And for anyone who is in trouble with Korean site, this is a new update from HIDITION: http://hidition.co.kr/notice/3774

wow, they do offer silicon nozzle, great! But the price rose a bit, 1200$ for NT6, so I have to postpone to get one, especially lunar new year is close...

Thanks, I am waiting for e info to be finalized before posting my review, but I may post it anyways. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #898 of 4,841

Quote:

Thanks for sharing. 

I am not to sure how much the treble will change as the Pro as i didnt detect much change with the NT-6, and has enhanced treble and bass compared with the regular NT-6. I am sure you will get used to it over time. 

Thanks, I am waiting for e info to be finalized before posting my review, but I may post it anyways. 

then in technical factor, the NT6's still superior?

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #899 of 4,841
Got my UEsf5v2c
biggrin.gif
They were sent (From Manila, Philippines) to Stage93 of Singapore via DHL on 14 November and Eldrid got it on the 16th. They were sent to China and came back to him on 19 December. Just got them today with my friends help - hand carried from SG > PH. I actually liked the waiting
biggrin.gif

Fit: like leather gloves! Snug and tight and I am quite surprised coming from the EM3Pros that I sanded to fit my ears :p the isolation is very very good. I'm still learning how to pry them off my ears in a convenient manner.

and the
Sound: Just as I expected! The bass improved due to bone conduction and it sounds more balanced now. Before the reshell, the highs were 'leading' and the bass is overwhelmed. In the custom shell, even the highs seem to sound more polished. The mids remain unchanged - I think. Still have to compare with my other IEMs (K2, SM2, EM3Pros). I still can hear the cohesiveness of the sound with the single driver - one main reason why I decided to reshell the UEsf5v2. I am so glad it worked as expected
etysmile.gif

For now, here are some pictures taken with my Nokia N82 :p

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #900 of 4,841
wow ur phone got a very good camera:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back