MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Jun 29, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #151 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by gswpete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on my experience the Opera will drive both well.

That's true, but perhaps a bit out of my budget. The Woo 6 doesn't look too bad either, but it's a tad pricey also. I'm trying to get an amp(s) that are roughly at the same price/performance point as MS2i/HD600.

The Gilmore lite has been a contender going way back for a number of reasons, including the signal pass through feature which would allow me to use the Glite for the MS2i, and then pass the signal straight on through to something like the Woo 3 or 3+ which is great for HD600.....but is only about a hundred bucks less than the Woo 6 which is really good for both....arrrrgh!

What it boils down to is I'd like "bare-wire-with-gain" for MS2i to keep them as clean and analytical as possible, but then, and this is where matters of the heart come in....TUBES for HD600! Gotta have some of those beautiful TUBES that I have known and loved since the late 40s!!

Oh.....and this part is almost embarrassing, and has nothing to do with reality, or common sense, or SQ or build quality or any of that other good stuff, and I realize that we're in an international community here and we all talk amongst ourselves and have the greatest respect for each other, but for some deep down reason that I can't define, I would like the amp or amps be home grown.

Yeah; that really tightens the search and eliminates a ton of great contenders, but I'm in no position to buy anything at the moment, so I've got lots of time to devote to the search and have a ton of fun doing it!

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #153 of 512
I suspect that mine will be my cans-for-life rockin' phones!

....I know; they do lots of other great stuff too!
smily_headphones1.gif

(Hi Pangaea, guess I beat you here!)

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #154 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suspect that mine will be my cans-for-life rockin' phones!

....I know; they do lots of other great stuff too!
smily_headphones1.gif

(Hi Pangaea, guess I beat you here!)

Too funny, yeah I guess you did. I cannot officially join this thread as my MS-2s have not arrived yet. But soon, fellas, soon...

What I have read here makes me happy though
580smile.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #155 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too funny, yeah I guess you did. I cannot officially join this thread as my MS-2s have not arrived yet. But soon, fellas, soon...

What I have read here makes me happy though
580smile.gif

Why; just pulling the trigger makes one a part of the thread!

Hopefully receiving the MS2i will make you even happier yet!

If not, well that's Ok too! Cause if somebody buys some and doesn't like them for some reason, then letting other prospective purchasers know ahead of time is good too. It does seem though that most everyone who buys them keeps them, or updates later to woody Grado or Alessandros.

There certainly is far more good about them than bad!

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #157 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered these a little over a week ago- and my card has not even been charged. I emailed them twice and nothing. Is this typical?

Unfortunately; yes.
frown.gif

Maybe not totally typical, but it does happen depending on what's happening with the folks at Grado with their deliveries and whether the guys at Alessandro are out during as gig or something!

And their lack of responding to e-mail is near legendary!

Yup; nothing to worry about!
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #158 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one's selling their MS2i these days. It just goes to show how much people love them.

I've been waiting for a pair to go for sale for awhile
frown.gif
. Does anyone know what Alessandro's return policy is like? I'd hate to spend $300 and not be able to return them if they don't fit my tastes. It's almost forcing me to go the 325i route even though I think the MS-2i's will suit me better.

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #160 of 512
This may sound silly, but I honestly, sincerely, don't remember this question coming up before! And I think I've read most every MS2/MS2i post ever written!

I know they rarely come up on the FS forum, but in most cases when they do, it's because the listener is wishing to upgrade to MS-Pro or one of the other woody Grados....or higher.

But as far as returning them in a 30 day period, has that ever happened?

I have no idea at all what the Alessandro return policy is.

Jul 7, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #161 of 512
I pretty much got lucky,
Been lurking around the FS forum for 2-3mths..
managed to get my hands on this baby from a fellow Aussie. Thou I mus said, I responded pretty instantly once it popped up in the FS forum..

Cheers, wait around. they do pop up.

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #162 of 512
I wanna cry when I think of MS2 on the FS forum.

I had the opportunity to buy a great looking set of the old style MS2 at a great price BEFORE they were posted on the FS forum! But I passed it up.*reaches for Kleenex* I hadn't yet decided for sure on MS2i.

I'm really happy with my silver mushroom "Fatboys," but I'll always think of the Frankenstein Pegs I passed up.
frown.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #163 of 512
Hee
icon10.gif
*pat* no worries.. Mushroom boy is so much sexier!~
but jus wondering, since its fatboy, is it heavier then the old sch MS2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanna cry when I think of MS2 on the FS forum.

I had the opportunity to buy a great looking set of the old style MS2 at a great price BEFORE they were posted on the FS forum! But I passed it up.*reaches for Kleenex* I hadn't yet decided for sure on MS2i.

I'm really happy with my silver mushroom "Fatboys," but I'll always think of the Frankenstein Pegs I passed up.
frown.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #164 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by d0td0t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hee
icon10.gif
*pat* no worries.. Mushroom boy is so much sexier!~
but jus wondering, since its fatboy, is it heavier then the old sch MS2?

I believe I had read that someone had weighed a pair of each and the difference was only a "few" grams. And since even 30gm would only be an additional 10%, even that wouldn't be too bad.

Let's see; dum-de-dum density of aluminum 2.7 dum-de-dum, about 4mm by oh; 'bout another 4mm, by uh, 'bout 63mm, dum-de-dum, gotta guesstimate a bit, um, dum-de-dum, take something off because of chamfer and what may be about 1 or 2 mm step dia on the old one, dum-de-dum, dum-de-dum....hey kids! One of youse guys rip off my calculator?

I dunno; bout 9 to 11 gm per housing. Maybe more, maybe less.
plainface.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #165 of 512
JUST A HEADS UP TO ANYONE ORDERING IN THE STATES WHO NEED/WANT THEM WITHIN A WEEK OR TWO: Over 2 weeks later and my card still has not been charged for my MS-2 order made in June. All emails/ phone calls ignored. I may return them on principle alone, if they ever come. I just don't get how a lot of high end audio companies treat customers. Regardless of how good they may or may not sound (hard to tell until I get them) I don't think a quality product should entitle a company to ignore customer service. Unfortunetly Alessandro is not the only company who follows this kind of business model: High End Audio Product + Huge Markup = No Customer Service.

The funniest part is the invoice which is automatically emailed from Alessandro upon order closes with "all orders will be shipped within 2-3 days." Why tell people that, why? Its kinda like Xin putting 2-3 weeks on his website... I mean if it aint gonna happen why set yourself up for failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back