MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Jul 11, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #166 of 512
Hrm... that is interesting. I ordered a pair the other day along with a question about shipping. They emailed me back a day or so later with the response that it would be shipped that day USPS Priority Mail. Will let you know how that goes. Maybe you just had a run of bad luck. =/ Or I'm just setting myself up. Either way, I'll let you know how it goes.

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #167 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JUST A HEADS UP TO ANYONE ORDERING IN THE STATES WHO NEED/WANT THEM WITHIN A WEEK OR TWO: Over 2 weeks later and my card still has not been charged for my MS-2 order made in June. All emails/ phone calls ignored. I may return them on principle alone, if they ever come. I just don't get how a lot of high end audio companies treat customers. Regardless of how good they may or may not sound (hard to tell until I get them) I don't think a quality product should entitle a company to ignore customer service. Unfortunetly Alessandro is not the only company who follows this kind of business model: High End Audio Product + Huge Markup = No Customer Service.

The funniest part is the invoice which is automatically emailed from Alessandro upon order closes with "all orders will be shipped within 2-3 days." Why tell people that, why? Its kinda like Xin putting 2-3 weeks on his website... I mean if it aint gonna happen why set yourself up for failure.

I think you may have the wrong idea of what Alessandro really is. In reality they build and service some very nice and well respected guitar amps. As a sideline they also distribute a few headphones. Unless I missed something important, they consist of at most about four people. They are also at the mercy of Grados' own distribution.

They are normally quite good about getting their deliveries out on time, but occasionally they have a breakdown in the chain from Grado, as well as other responsibilities to attend to. They may well not even be in their shop to respond to the phone calls or e-mail. I dunno.

Basically all they do is have their name added to the phones at the Grado shop and then ship them out to the final destination from their location when they themselves get them.

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #168 of 512
But I am assuming they are a for-profit company and therefore value customer service. If you buy something with a 300 dollar price tag and are told that it will be shipped within 3 days- is it too much to expect that it will actually happen. I mean apparently it is in this industry. I am just stating that this kind of thing is completely foriegn in just about any other industry.

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #169 of 512
Yeah; I suspect that I'd be angry too.
frown.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #170 of 512
Yeah, and honestly man- I am just venting. But it is not the first time something like this (or worse) has happened to me in my pursuit of hi-fidelity. It was really more of a commentary on how to treat people, especially people who give you $. Some understand how to do business (Vinnie at RWA, David at Little Dot come to mind) and some don't.

But this is a thread celebrating the sound of the MS-2 so I will let people get back to doing just that.

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #171 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, and honestly man- I am just venting. But it is not the first time something like this (or worse) has happened to me in my pursuit of hi-fidelity. It was really more of a commentary on how to treat people, especially people who give you $. Some understand how to do business (Vinnie at RWA, David at Little Dot come to mind) and some don't.

But this is a thread celebrating the sound of the MS-2 so I will let people get back to doing just that.

No problem at all with that! If you look back somewhere within this thread, you'll probably find someone else with the same problem. Certainly with the MS-1 threads as well. It almost seems as though it happens about twice a year; around Christmas or shortly thereafter, and then again during the Northern Hemisphere summer. Maybe we should make it a sticky or something.

It is maddening though when it happens.

Jul 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #172 of 512
Well here's the update. I ordered a pair on Tuesday night, they shipped sometime Wednesday, and I got them via USPS on Friday. Overall the process was pretty smooth, given they responded to emails between 1-2 business days.

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #173 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well here's the update. I ordered a pair on Tuesday night, they shipped sometime Wednesday, and I got them via USPS on Friday. Overall the process was pretty smooth, given they responded to emails between 1-2 business days.

Great! I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them after you've had a few days to get used to their sound. Seeing as you have a Glite especially!!

....I wonder why there's such an inconsistency in their shipping??

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #175 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....I wonder why there's such an inconsistency in their shipping??

I had to wait about 5 weeks after ordering my ms2i's before I got them. Every e-mail I sent was responded to within 24 hours, but basically, Alessandro is at the mercy of Grado. Grado builds all of the Alessandro headphones. And as Grado and Alessandro are both relatively small companies, I can justify the wait. plus it was all worth it once I put them on.

Jul 15, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #179 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No; bummer that it is, the 1/4 to 1/8" adapter is an extra-cost item.
frown.gif

Really??? I could have sworn that I got one with my MS2s and there's no way I would have paid extra for one. Maybe it's changed in the past 6 months.

Jul 15, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #180 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn... even Accura SR-660s come with 1/8 to 1/4 jacks.... why Alessandro doesn't give the loves?

With the MS-1 you get the choice of either 1/4 or 1/8" plugs for portable or computer use, but I suspect the reason for the 1/4" only on the MS2i and MS-Pro are because they are only intended for home audio, or professional uses, without having another physical connection in the circuit to cause potential problems.

....I dunno if that's true of course, but it kinda sounds good!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back