MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #2,328 of 2,843
Dan, 

Sometime in the future will Ether's be shipped from the factory with the 1.1 foam standard? 

Units shipping now already do.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 18, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #2,329 of 2,843
I just pulled the trigger on the Ethers. Cannot wait until they arrive. Looking forward to seeing how they'll match up with my Lyr 2 and Bmby.

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #2,331 of 2,843
was actually looking at the Draug 2 from Trevor...I just love his stuff.

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #2,332 of 2,843
Upon further critical listening on another setup,
And in comparison to a fully modded hd800 (with "S" mod)
I revised my review for a better sonic description.

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #2,333 of 2,843
After messing with my gaming PC for years I never thought I'd get caught up in THE CHAIN upgrades again. Source Amp DAC.
I bought an IFI purifier 2 and I am getting more out of my ETHERS, better bass and crystal clear sound. So there is more room in these beauty's yet.

BURSON are getting in on the indiegogo marketing for a 3 way combo. Dam this hobby.

At least I started the campaign with a dollar...

Feb 18, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #2,334 of 2,843
After messing with my gaming PC for years I never thought I'd get caught up in THE CHAIN upgrades again. Source Amp DAC.
I bought an IFI purifier 2 and I am getting more out of my ETHERS, better bass and crystal clear sound. So there is more room in these beauty's yet.

BURSON are getting in on the indiegogo marketing for a 3 way combo. Dam this hobby.

At least I started the campaign with a dollar...

All it takes is a single upgrade and suddenly you are caught on a slippery slope. 
basshead.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2,335 of 2,843
How can I tell the wife I want to sell an amp dac(OPPO HA1)I have not had 3 months to up grade to a new amp dac on a crowd funding site.
I haven't heard yet...
So I can get a bit more background noise on drum and bass flacs. I had to save a year for the Ethers....

Slippery slope... More like a free fall from the international space station...

8^/.

Is there an AA group here...
Audiophiles Anonymous.

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #2,337 of 2,843
How can I tell the wife I want to sell an amp dac(OPPO HA1)I have not had 3 months to up grade to a new amp dac on a crowd funding site.
I haven't heard yet...
So I can get a bit more background noise on drum and bass flacs. I had to save a year for the Ethers....

Slippery slope... More like a free fall from the international space station...

8^/.

Is there an AA group here...
Audiophiles Anonymous.

Hello you to slipped through the rabbit hole too hehe ha Best build a funeral churn for your wallet now. I hope they do create an Audiophile Anonymous group lol.

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #2,340 of 2,843
I am now listening to the Ethers on a Micro ZOTL2. 

The thing isn't burned in or anything, but straight out of the gate with stock tubes it makes my Ethers sing more than my Hugo alone or Liquid Carbon did. There's a wonderful organic airiness to the sound that I am just in awe of. 

For anyone looking for yet another way to spend a few more bucks, I highly recommend it. I'll be selling my LC to pay for this, with no regrets. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back