MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #2,297 of 2,843
I have the fazor audeze lcd-3 and I really enjoy its sound. My amp is a woo wa22 balanced . However, I am very curious about the ETHER. I could sell my lcd-3 and get the ETHER. will this be a bad move?

I think they're kinda like the same tier (since theyre similar in price) but they sound completely different. LCD-3 to me is more warm, dark in tonality while the Ether's are much more neutral relatively.

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #2,298 of 2,843
mmm.......I would consider the 3F and the Ether on equal terms, meaning you can't go wrong with either,  based on long-term use of both.  So, it would be more of a lateral move, with sound signature that is closer to yours as the determining factor. I like them both. Backread the thread for impressions of the Ether.

Thanks for your comment.

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #2,299 of 2,843

mmm.....at par or better than the DUM? Or is the DUM pretty much the end-game cable for the Ether?

It's not exactly end-game I guess. But it helps that the Dan actually designs his headphones using DUM.

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #2,300 of 2,843
Thanks to Dan... my Ether C should arrive Friday.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #2,301 of 2,843

It's not exactly end-game I guess. But it helps that the Dan actually designs his headphones using DUM.

mmm.....thanks. I'll explore the Norne Zoetic for my Ether (I have the Norne Solv X for the EL 8). The DUM, while an excellent cable, kinks easily and keeping it straight drives me nuts. A minor issue also is it is far too long for on-the-go. I need a shorter length headphone cable (terminated with 4 pole XLR) that addresses both issues.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #2,302 of 2,843
mmm.......I would consider the 3F and the Ether on equal terms, meaning you can't go wrong with either,  based on long-term use of both.  So, it would be more of a lateral move, with sound signature that is closer to yours as the determining factor. I like them both. Backread the thread for impressions of the Ether.

Thanks for your impressions, I have yet to hear the Audeze LCD 3 F and have wanted know how it compared to MrSpeaker's ETHER. Please have a great day.

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2,303 of 2,843
Would these make a good companion with the HD800....or not so much.

What will i get from these, that i will not get from the HD800.

Thanks for any info .  
smile.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,304 of 2,843

Thanks for any info .  
smile.gif

It's what you won't get that struck me, as in you won't get ear bleeds. 
wink.gif

IMHO they are better than the HD800 in every way, except width and maybe depth of sound stage. 

But, full disclosure the HD800 hurt me. So it is hard for me to like them.

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #2,305 of 2,843

Thanks for any info .  
smile.gif

It's what you won't get that struck me, as in you won't get ear bleeds. 
wink.gif

IMHO they are better than the HD800 in every way, except width and maybe depth of sound stage. 

But, full disclosure the HD800 hurt me. So it is hard for me to like them.

Well, for what it is worth, I do not get ear bleeds from the HD800.

Maybe, I need someone who likes the HD800 to answer this for me....I dont want to get in a like and dislike thing.

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #2,306 of 2,843

Maybe, I need someone who likes the HD800 to answer this for me....I dont want to get in a like and dislike thing.

Fair enough, just giving my opinion. I am sure there are plenty of people that like the HD800 that can answer. Good luck in your journey. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #2,307 of 2,843

Fair enough, just giving my opinion. I am sure there are plenty of people that like the HD800 that can answer. Good luck in your journey. 
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I did not mean that I do not value your opinion.....but being you do not like the HD800 I figure I will get the best feedback for myself from somebody who likes or has both cans.  
smile.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #2,308 of 2,843
Especially if compared to stock HD800 you will get more neutral sound with deep punchy bass and no treble issues most people don't like in HD800. The only thing you loose with stock Ether is the soundstage but you can get most of it with few reversible mods.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #2,309 of 2,843

mmm.....at par or better than the DUM? Or is the DUM pretty much the end-game cable for the Ether?

I switched out my standard MrSpeakers cable that came with the ETHER for MIT's Vero Reference cable and it was a noticeable improvement. Better low end, more clarity across the spectrum, and a cleaner high end. Seems to remain neutral so it doesn't mess up the great sound of the ETHER. Not inexpensive however. Good luck!

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #2,310 of 2,843
I always laughed at audiophiles using music to listen to the system....
My ETHER the musical onion peeler.
I am using OTG adapter to a supra usb to my Oppo HA1. SAM S5 driving ONKYO player upscaling to 5.6 DSD.
Just ordered an IFI purifier 2.
I hope the SEIUN player will add a touch more. Crowd source hopes....

Maybe it's a phase trying to pull out more details with the kit I have.
ETHERS have done this, dam them..
Welcome to headfi....Have a..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back