MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Feb 20, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #2,344 of 2,843
I met Dan in person today in CanJam Singapore. He helped me to upgrade my Ether in like 2 minutes! Thanks Dan! I wish I can have more conversation with him too bad I am rushing for something else. Perhaps I will revisit again tomorrow and inquire regarding the portable cavalli amp which i spotted on his desk. Not sure if that is a Liquid carbon or the upcoming Spark. Wanted to pair the amp with my mojo see if the bass and mid body can be improved even further.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #2,345 of 2,843
  I met Dan in person today in CanJam Singapore. He helped me to upgrade my Ether in like 2 minutes! Thanks Dan! I wish I can have more conversation with him too bad I am rushing for something else. Perhaps I will revisit again tomorrow and inquire regarding the portable cavalli amp which i spotted on his desk. Not sure if that is a Liquid carbon or the upcoming Spark. Wanted to pair the amp with my mojo see if the bass and mid body can be improved even further.

The prototyped shown in CanJam SG is the upcoming Spark.

Feb 20, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #2,346 of 2,843
I am now listening to the Ethers on a Micro ZOTL2. 

The thing isn't burned in or anything, but straight out of the gate with stock tubes it makes my Ethers sing more than my Hugo alone or Liquid Carbon did. There's a wonderful organic airiness to the sound that I am just in awe of. 

For anyone looking for yet another way to spend a few more bucks, I highly recommend it. I'll be selling my LC to pay for this, with no regrets. 

Great impression, I need to read up on the Micro ZOTL2. I have found my ETHER loves tubes too. Although my solid state Ragnarock can really make the ETHER sing like a muse of old.

Feb 20, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #2,347 of 2,843
Great impression, I need to read up on the Micro ZOTL2. I have found my ETHER loves tubes too. Although my solid state Ragnarock can really make the ETHER sing like a muse of old.

I highly recommend it. I was actually set on getting the Liquid Glass based on your impressions and others, But, I just wasn't willing to pay 3 times as much as the MZOTL2 to wait 7 months or more for the next run of Glasses to come to light. I imagine the Glass is better, but right now I'm in sonic heaven so I don't care. :)

Feb 20, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #2,348 of 2,843
I look to be joining the Ether club in probably about a month or so....I am pretty excited.

Feb 20, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #2,349 of 2,843
I highly recommend it. I was actually set on getting the Liquid Glass based on your impressions and others, But, I just wasn't willing to pay 3 times as much as the MZOTL2 to wait 7 months or more for the next run of Glasses to come to light. I imagine the Glass is better, but right now I'm in sonic heaven so I don't care. :)

Sweet I am happy that you are in audio bliss. If you are happy with your rig, then that is the most important thing of all. So please have a great day jamming out.:)

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #2,350 of 2,843
Met Dan today at Can Jam and heard the Ether (1.1?) on the Schiit Yggy/Raggy. OMG, I was in sonic heaven for a moment!
I also brought my new HD800s (black) and found that I like it as much on the Yggy/Raggy. Based on the reviews, I was thinking about getting the Ether or Ether C but think that the next upgrade for me is to get the Yggy/Raggy combo. Btw, I like the Ether more than the Ether C as it sounds more open.

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #2,351 of 2,843
Maybe an obvious one.. but posted on the IFI IPURIFIER 2 thread. Just got some DEOXIT by CAIG. De - greased dusted my chain connectors from phone battery to ETHER MINI connectors inside and out. Then applied with a pin..Red Deoxit..Leaving it 10 hours, then I will repeat clean, apply the gold Deoxit version.
Boring version 'how too guide' on IFIP2 THREAD.
BUT... 2% to 3% improvement IMHO.
Phone usb connector now works 100%
I tryed my vaping battery and mod box.
It's like new again.

Not a huge change IFI IPURIFIER 2 gave me 10% boost for my chain and rig.

Just a small repayment for all the nice help I received here. Reddog and Matt rules.. 8^)

Tiny tube £6 in UK..

Good luck and thanks again Ether fans..

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #2,352 of 2,843
Dan just upgraded my Ether here at CanJam SG and I tried my upgraded Ethers using my Cayin N6 and a Cavalli Audio Liquid Spark (Prototype I Believe).

What little peaks there was in my music was gone. Micro details and low level sound details surfaces more apparently. I can't say if the textures improve or not yet (I'll need to listen to it on my usual setup on the Gumby).

But boy, the upgrade is definitely worth it even if I have to pay for it. Dan did it for free and upgraded it for me personally. Big Thanks to Dan!

PS: the Spark really sounds very close to the LC.

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #2,353 of 2,843
What the hell did you put into the foam Dan? I'm hearing things that I've never heard? Is it fairy dust? Grinded unicorn horns? I just got back from Singapore, I'll probably post impression on Monday or Tuesday.

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #2,355 of 2,843
@Middy It's only 10 dollar with shipping (if I recall correctly) but I got it free at the CanJam. It was only a matter of pulling out the pads, inserting the foam and let the magic takes over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back