MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 15, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #1,940 of 2,891
  Just sent in my order for a pair of Alpha Primes! Can't wait to finally hear them! I just had to get a pair before they were all sold out :3

It would indeed be sad to miss out on these incredible HP's. Congrats for getting in just in time :)

Jan 16, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #1,941 of 2,891
I will hopefully have my pair of Alpha dogs sometime this next week. After I get use to them I may do the upgrade to primes.

you will love it, if you are a bass head you may not like them. I am not a bass head but sometime I do desire a little bit of the bass, the Alpha Prime provide this. I have try the ZMF OMNI (supposedly the least bass out of them all) and I came back to the Alpha Prime. I am very happy with it :) compliment my Westone W60 and Beyerdynamic T1 very well

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #1,945 of 2,891
Anyone have Schiit Bi Frost multibit with usb (BiMYby) and Lyr2 with primes? I've sent bi frost uber to electromod in UK for multibit upgrade. Should back Thursday. Can't wait!

Yes, and it's marvelous.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #1,946 of 2,891
Hey everyone, first post, but I've actually read this whole thread in anticipation for my Primes to get here on Friday.

I am a little concerned my Little Dot 1+ won't be enough to drive them. Has anyone tried that before? If it's not beefy enough, I kind of want to get the Lyr 2 but I've read a few places that people thought the cheaper Valhalla 2 sounded better. I've also read a bit about the Bottlehead Crack which sounds fun, but the impedance and lack of many mentions in this thread has me concerned. Anyone have some experience or recommendations? Thanks guys.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,947 of 2,891
You will get many differing opinions to that question. In my opinion I would not use the Val or the Bottlehead with the Primes, the pairing is just not pleasant from my experiences. The Lyr, Asgard 2 or Liquid Carbon are simply awesome with the Prime. Again IMO, YMMV, etc. etc. 

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,948 of 2,891
  Hey everyone, first post, but I've actually read this whole thread in anticipation for my Primes to get here on Friday.

I am a little concerned my Little Dot 1+ won't be enough to drive them. Has anyone tried that before? If it's not beefy enough, I kind of want to get the Lyr 2 but I've read a few places that people thought the cheaper Valhalla 2 sounded better. I've also read a bit about the Bottlehead Crack which sounds fun, but the impedance and lack of many mentions in this thread has me concerned. Anyone have some experience or recommendations? Thanks guys.

From what I read, Lyr 2 sound better than Valhalla 2 because it's more powerful.  Plus, Lyr 2 is a hybrid whereas Valhalla is tube.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #1,949 of 2,891

you will love it, if you are a bass head you may not like them. I am not a bass head but sometime I do desire a little bit of the bass, the Alpha Prime provide this. I have try the ZMF OMNI (supposedly the least bass out of them all) and I came back to the Alpha Prime. I am very happy with it :) compliment my Westone W60 and Beyerdynamic T1 very well

Can you do a quick comparison of the Alpha Prime vs the omni? and which wood version omni did you listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back