MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 8, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #1,921 of 2,891
But the rest of us will! Head-fi never forgets
biggrin.gif

(just kidding)

biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #1,922 of 2,891
My colleague at work told me I looked like Princess Leia with my AP on. I told her thank you and continued to listen to my music.

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #1,923 of 2,891
My colleague at work told me I looked like Princess Leia with my AP on. I told her thank you and continued to listen to my music.

I have gotten comments to. I just can't bring myself to care, they sound so amazing. Any 15 mins spare time I have I am thinking of what I could listen to in my primes:)

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #1,924 of 2,891

There are so many different type of full size headphones at work that no one would even bat an eye if I wore a pair of Abyss to work....
wink.gif
 Not to mention they all think I am weird anyway, since I have an M&M stack on my desk.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #1,925 of 2,891
There are so many different type of full size headphones at work that no one would even bat an eye if I wore a pair of Abyss to work....:wink:  Not to mention they all think I am weird anyway, since I have an M&M stack on my desk.

For a while I had a project Polaris on my desk (awesome amp, wish I didn't sell it) . That would get lots of questions!

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,928 of 2,891
I bought the Foster TH-XOO and really like them. I am curious however, if someone owns the primes and the TH-XOO, how those two stack up to one another.

Primes are much more detailed, with a more balanced sound and better quality bass and more teble extension. The mids of the primes are more forward as a result of having a better balanced sound. The primes have that typically planar sound and so are very good in bass and very fast. Thx00 is not as fast.

Thx00 is very good for its price, I will be keeping it. But the primes are better and they are my primary can.

Imo of course:)

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,929 of 2,891
Primes are much more detailed, with a more balanced sound and better quality bass and more teble extension. The mids of the primes are more forward as a result of having a better balanced sound. The primes have that typically planar sound and so are very good in bass and very fast. Thx00 is not as fast.

Thx00 is very good for its price, I will be keeping it. But the primes are better and they are my primary can.

Thank you.

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #1,930 of 2,891

Thank you.

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #1,931 of 2,891
I bought the Foster TH-XOO and really like them. I am curious however, if someone owns the primes and the TH-XOO, how those two stack up to one another.

Like bavinck says, the AP is superior in almost every aspect to the TH-X00. The Fostex is good for the price and is unique because: wood. Personally, if you're looking for something in a similar price range, I'd get the Alpha Dog over them, as you'd get better support through MrSpeakers.

I wasn't a huge fan of the TH-X00 sound using the stock pads, and unfortunately, I never got to try it with the Alpha pads, which is suppose to balance out the mids. The TH-X00 is much easier to drive, though, but I wouldn't consider it a good portable option because of the ridiculously long, non-detachable cable.

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #1,932 of 2,891
Like bavinck says, the AP is superior in almost every aspect to the TH-X00. The Fostex is good for the price and is unique because: wood. Personally, if you're looking for something in a similar price range, I'd get the Alpha Dog over them, as you'd get better support through MrSpeakers.

I wasn't a huge fan of the TH-X00 sound using the stock pads, and unfortunately, I never got to try it with the Alpha pads, which is suppose to balance out the mids. The TH-X00 is much easier to drive, though, but I wouldn't consider it a good portable option because of the ridiculously long, non-detachable cable.

Thanks, I`m using it for home use only, powered by an Asgard 2. I wasn`t thrilled with the th-xoo initially but now that I`ve got lots of hours on them there`s better separation, clarity etc. I`ll be keeping them. Might get an alpha prime as well.

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #1,933 of 2,891
Thanks, I`m using it for home use only, powered by an Asgard 2. I wasn`t thrilled with the th-xoo initially but now that I`ve got lots of hours on them there`s better separation, clarity etc. I`ll be keeping them. Might get an alpha prime as well.

If it's in the budget, you can't go wrong with a prime. Get them while you still can!

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #1,934 of 2,891
Primes sounds amazing out of Liquid Carbon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back