MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
May 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #7,172 of 9,071
  Count me back in AD camp. It will be great to hear them again. I've missed the sound and having a closed hp. 

Just like that?  

What about the weight?

Glad to have you back, no matter what!

May 28, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #7,173 of 9,071
  Just like that?  

What about the weight?

Glad to have you back, no matter what!

Been working out. I am now ripped. 
wink_face.gif

May 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #7,174 of 9,071

Been working out. I am now ripped. 
wink_face.gif

LOL.  I was gonna search for a giff of Swarzenegger or something, but I'm at work.

Matt- what is it about the AD's that have stayed with you?  I'm curious, because I'm still somewhat surprised at how freaking good they are.

May 28, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #7,176 of 9,071
Intentional.  We align the cables to lay as flat as we can during production.  Have to have the alignment right for that to work.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #7,177 of 9,071
  Count me back in AD camp. It will be great to hear them again. I've missed the sound and having a closed hp. 

i forgot to ask, what color ?

May 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #7,178 of 9,071
Upgrade notices have been sent out.  We hope to make these regular and move quickly through the upgrade list. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #7,180 of 9,071
Is it worth selling the vali and modi and purchasing the Lyr + Bifrost, or keep the modi and buy the lyr?

The $450 is a fair bit considering it also has to be shipped to Canada which is another $70 or more with taxes, import duties and shipping costs. Plus tube rolling...is the lyr much better than the vali I got?

May 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #7,181 of 9,071
  Upgrade notices have been sent out.  We hope to make these regular and move quickly through the upgrade list. 

I received an upgrade email as well, but since I've already had mine upgraded I'm assuming there was a duplicate in there somewhere. Feel free to send the next person in line their email. Don't want to upgrade my upgraded Alphas... unless you have something else coming. 
wink_face.gif

May 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #7,182 of 9,071
Yes, we did a bit of overlap with the last batch of upgrades.  Based on the response over the next few days we'll probably send a few more out early next week.

May 28, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #7,183 of 9,071
You could go for the astgard 2, and then get the uber bifrost However I have heard there is amazing synergy with the lyr and the alpha dogs.

May 28, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #7,185 of 9,071
Well from first impressions, they were easily worth the wait.  I know Dan probably wanted to throw a shoe or something at me last week but he was professional even if  

One thing I have noted, is that out of my Asgard 2 at home, there did appear to be some background static coming through on both the low and high impedance settings, which is also connected to an uber-Bifrost.  Not sure if it is a power issue, maybe the AD2 jusn't doesn't have enough "umph" compared to the Lyr that the AD seems to love.  I am going to take the headphones home over the weekend and give them a thorough listen to see if it was just a mishap.  Will also have to listen and see if my Asgard also does this with the P7's and maybe I just never noticed.

At work however, these things have a completely different sound signature coming out of my WA6-SE/Bifrost.  I am still running stock tubes, so it picks up a few annoyances from the stocks you weren't able to hear on the P7's but that should be resolved in the coming weeks when more deliveries arrive.

With that said, even with stock tubes, the detail that comes through on these cans is simply amazing.  They are incredibly comfortable to boot, at least for my ears/head.  I have been wearing them most of the day, forgetting they were on once or twice, listening to everything from Johnny Cash, Diana Krall, Temple of the Dog, Everlast - Life Acoustic, The Gloaming, Norah Jones, Pantera and of course my Zeppelin and Sabbath collection.  

Everything I said about the WA6-SE on the Woo thread, was enhanced by switching to the AD's. They simply seemed to add to everything the Woo excelled at, bringing out nuances of specific songs that I have listened to my entire life but they come off much more detailed, with a very clear separation of instruments and vocals.  The bass hits are succinct and don't sound muddied or clumped, which was a poor trait of the P7 as I am not much of a bass head.  They don't come off overly bright in any way and thus far have not been fatiguing at all.

The one thing I haven't tried is any of my classical collection, because that kind of takes the right mood/location for me to enjoy it and really listen intently.  Will do that over the next few weeks.

Dan, all I got to say is kudos for making a very high quality product.  Look forward to my next several weeks of listening to them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back