MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Dec 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #4,732 of 9,071
Mike already reviewed the LCD-XC so I'm sure he also has the LCD-X! (His review was posted here last week!) :wink:

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #4,733 of 9,071
Mike already reviewed the LCD-XC so I'm sure he also has the LCD-X! (His review was posted here last week!) 

@Mad Lust Envy Those are my LCD-3's
I have the LCD-1's (only one left!) 3 (lent my 2 to a family member) X, and XC!

Rockin the Alpha's w/ my ALO Island again and the sonic pairing is Excellent!!

and @wolfetan44  - the new Burial EP sounds AMAZING!!

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #4,734 of 9,071
When doesn't it!
wink_face.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #4,736 of 9,071
Dec 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #4,737 of 9,071
Yes. The speed and attack on the Alpha Dog is top notch. Plenty of bite up top too. Loving some Lacuna Coil on the Alpha Dog.

Oh yes, the AD's are wonderful with metal.  I threw everything from Black Sabbath, to Kyuss, to Opeth, and Tool at them and they did very very well.

ooops: edit.  Depends on your taste of course.  I love the detail of the AD's- picks on strings, the background sound of an amp turning on. Thing is, the AD's are proving to be a very detail-retrieving headphone, and for some people, it might take them out of the music.

how do they do with poor mastered\recorded music?
alot of my music is kinda like that(black metal)

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #4,738 of 9,071

In my opinion, based on my preferences and biases, the AD's make poorly mastered material sound really poorly mastered.  I pretty much reserve the AD's for the best of my collection.  For everything else, I have my Grado's.

However, I do think I need to listen to some Bathory, or some old Celtic Frost with the AD's.  You know, to round out this opinion...

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #4,740 of 9,071
  OK Alpha Dogs, I am ready for you!

Dan, can we have an update on what week currently is shipping please?

That rig looks READY!!

I could give that a shot if you'd like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back