MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Nov 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #3,617 of 9,071
Until our backlog is under 6 weeks we will not start upgrades. My guess is that we will really start upgrades in small volumes in late Nov and high volume in January, as that is always a slow month.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #3,618 of 9,071
Mmk I'm back on my actual portable rig, transporting the Tour Dog to the next person on the list, and I already miss the Alpha Dog's sound. >.>

I'll write up my overall thoughts and impressions later when I get the time, but I think I might have to save up for an Alpha Dog. Well done mrspeakers!

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #3,620 of 9,071
  since i received the Alpha dog , it has became my main headphones at home.
My T1, HD800 and PS-1000 has been collecting dust since..

Put it more bluntly, It's called "new toy" symptom.

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #3,621 of 9,071
There is some truth here. It takes a few months for me to make final decisions on just how a hp really is and what the final verdict will be. 

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #3,623 of 9,071
Mmk I'm back on my actual portable rig, transporting the Tour Dog to the next person on the list, and I already miss the Alpha Dog's sound. >.>

I'll write up my overall thoughts and impressions later when I get the time, but I think I might have to save up for an Alpha Dog. Well done mrspeakers!

Yup, Miceblue just handed them off to me! I won't have much time for comparisons until after my exam tonight at 5:30 though...

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #3,624 of 9,071
There is some truth here. It takes a few months for me to make final decisions on just how a hp really is and what the final verdict will be. 

Yet you sold in a few weeks/days :p

(I know, weight, just giving you a hard time)

Based on past experience, my first impression is fairly consistent with my long-term listening experience and the Alpha Dog was love at first listen.

Mine too, my later thoughts hardly ever change unless there are changes in my audio chain. Wow that sounds like a tongue twister, or a song at least - chain, change, change!

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #3,625 of 9,071
  since i received the Alpha dog , it has became my main headphones at home.
My T1, HD800 and PS-1000 has been collecting dust since..

Put it more bluntly, It's called "new toy" symptom.

True, true, true.  I suffer from said syndrome frequently.  I have heard the AD's on the Beta Tour, and again at the CA Audio show.  I don't have them (yet).  I still gush about them though.  I really like the sound quality and sound signature of them.  From photos only, the final release versions look about as good as possible and still hang onto the original Fostex headband.  I keep wondering if there is a better (looking) headband solution, but the standard Fostex with the comfort strap is really comfortable to me.  I think it would be pretty hard to get a different look, and get any better functionality and remain cost effective.  In other words, I have elected embrace the looks of the Fostex band.  It's kinda cool, and it works really well with the comfort strap.  I'll have a pair soon enough.

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #3,626 of 9,071
^ Count me in.  I will try some HD800 and possibly HE-6 soon.  If I am not ending up with HD800 or HE-6(much less possibility here), I will end up with a pair of AD.

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #3,627 of 9,071
 From photos only, the final release versions look about as good as possible and still hang onto the original Fostex headband.  I keep wondering if there is a better (looking) headband solution, but the standard Fostex with the comfort strap is really comfortable to me.  I think it would be pretty hard to get a different look, and get any better functionality and remain cost effective.  In other words, I have elected embrace the looks of the Fostex band.  It's kinda cool, and it works really well with the comfort strap.  I'll have a pair soon enough.

Or here is the new Fostex prototype - with the same T50RP driver inside - with a totally different headband:

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #3,628 of 9,071

Based on past experience, my first impression is fairly consistent with my long-term listening experience and the Alpha Dog was love at first listen.

I'm like that as well... After a few weeks though I feel I have enough "data" in order to validate (or invalidate) my initial impressions. But they usually "stand"...

Love the Alphas... especially with better sources.
Rocking them right now at work listening to Ellie Goulding... :p

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #3,629 of 9,071
  Or here is the new Fostex prototype - with the same T50RP driver inside - with a totally different headband:

That is pretty much the Denon D5000 / D7000 headband, it looks like.  Looks great, fairly comfortable, quite fragile.  I had noticed this before.  I'd rather have the T50RP headband - it is much more robust.

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #3,630 of 9,071
That is pretty much the Denon D5000 / D7000 headband, it looks like.  Looks great, fairly comfortable, quite fragile.  I had noticed this before.  I'd rather have the T50RP headband - it is much more robust.

Yes, also the same as the TH600/900. I have to say, the headband is my only complaint on these. I agree about it being more fragile, also looks worn within a week of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back