MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Oct 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #2,566 of 9,071

The AD cable is rubbery and flexible. I'd say 7.5 of 10. 

I would agree with Matt the cable is quite nice for such a small operation like Dan has. Flexible, durable, and functional, which is all you really need. Not the prettiest thing to look at but if you want something with nicer aesthetics order the connectors and make one, or have someone else make one for you. 

Thanks Greed.  Looks like a consensus.
It's nice that the connectors are readily available but my lack of soldering skills might kill my Dog.  That would be sad...

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #2,569 of 9,071
  I do wish that it was about a foot longer. Very nice cable though. 

I only ask for an inch longer...
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2,570 of 9,071
  I do wish that it was about a foot longer. Very nice cable though. 

I only ask for an inch longer...
biggrin.gif

That's what she said!!!!!

Anyway, I agree that a longer cable for home use would be perfect but at work, where I mostly use my headphones, the length does not bother me at all. Also agree on the materials and flexibility.

P.S. Listening to Esperanza Spalding on the Alpha's... oh so NICE!!! BTW, surprised that the FiiO X3 is still playing (I turned it on at 8:30am, it's 7:00pm and this is OUT OF THE BOX, no charging... yup it's new as well... :wink:)

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #2,572 of 9,071
I have it's Line-out connected via RCA to the Schiit Magni (not headphone out...)

Wait... are you asking? Or saying? LOL!

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #2,575 of 9,071
Oct 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #2,576 of 9,071
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #2,577 of 9,071
It'd be nice if you could eventually post FR plots with different settings on the bass port.  I know it won't be the exact same throughout all Alpha Dogs you make, but it can at least give a little context.

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #2,579 of 9,071
It's all about seal with the MD and AD. You must have a good seal for good bass period. 

Lasik surgery is a lot cheaper here. You can pay like $100 for a year in installments. 

My Lasik cost me $2400 like 6-7 years ago. :mad:

(my bad, $3200 was my engine/electronic work on the old car)

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #2,580 of 9,071
By god that's no way to use your money.

All of that could have been spent on improving the midrange with a perfectly good diamond cable and a bottle of magic stablizer pebbles. Add in some Quiznos, reruns of the Sopranos. and you're set for the weekend *grumbleswhatawastewhatawasteLasikmyarse*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back